Brian's Gear

TheGoalNet

56 minutes ago, CharlieB29 said:

@Pauly35or00

Yes, I have saved up the necessary funds to get a new set. I am thinking about getting a custom set because I do not like the stock graphics, and want to come away from all white.

By all means! My comment probably comes across as negative and I don't mean it that way. What do you have in mind for the graphic?

@CharlieB29 - 

Flexible is not flexible across all lines. CCM or Bauer are the stiffest pads you can buy. 

IMO, Optik FLY would be good for you. It might be a touch stiffer than EF3, but I think FLX will be too soft. It’s a softer pad, which is good for people who want that 

The rebounds might be hotter though. 

If you are ordering custom, you can ask for a FLX core with additional stiff foam in the thigh rise. That might match the balance of stiffness and softer rebounds you want. 

Personally, I recommend you keep it simple and just go FLY. The less complicated things you make things, the better 

As for the Glove, Optik Spec should be fine for you. Just break it in on seam. 

52 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

93FA3186-9C75-46BF-BBA5-77143709E7B3.jpeg

360094FB-8AA6-4CEA-8ACB-A90330CD99A0.jpeg

A bit off-topic, but what was the reasoning behind this glove positioning? How can you catch a puck in time with your hand turned in like that?

EDIT: Holy cow that chest protector in picture 2. That blocker is almost half the size of the pad too!

Edited by Moose75

• 2 weeks later...