Prolaces Thread

On 11/17/2018 at 7:30 PM, seagoal said:

@SaveByRichter35  @TheGoalNet @coopaloop1234

Hey guys, quick question for you.

I have my new pads and I have installed bungee ties on them, but mine are adjustable so I have to set the length myself.

After whatever weaving method you use and you're ready to go to the top of the skate to velcro the tabs together. how taut is each end?  Do you have to stretch the bungee chord to reach the top of your skate or does it freely reach the top of your skate?

I'm not sure how taut each end should be after weaving and then how much pressure there needs to be pulling on the velcro tabs once they are together. 

Thanks fellas. 

Mine is somewhat taut, I have to give a little yank to get the taps on top of my skate.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The screws on my Pro Laces were scratching up my skates a ton, and one of the screws even fell out 😑 (I don't know where it went). After finding this thread I decided to try tying them in. (Sorry image quality isn't very good)

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Edited by Peter36

On 1/15/2019 at 2:53 AM, Peter36 said:
The screws on my Pro Laces were scratching up my skates a ton, and one of the screws even fell out 😑 (I don't know where it went). After finding this thread I decided to try tying them in. (Sorry image quality isn't very good)

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

This is the best solution

On 1/15/2019 at 2:53 AM, Peter36 said:

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Short aside....I spy some VE8 pads.  Please show a pic :)

18 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I just took one of the velcro ends off and threaded it directly through the holes in the toe bridge and then used the speedy stitcher to close it back up. Looks so much cleaner and less moving parts.

The hybrid solution will make this much simpler. As soon as I get around to doing my initial GNetik IV video, I will change the laces out to the hybrid model

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

The hybrid solution will make this much simpler. As soon as I get around to doing my initial GNetik IV video, I will change the laces out to the hybrid model

@TheGoalNet what are your thoughts on the Armor vs Smart Cord so far? Definitely excited to try out this new Hybrid model as well. 

On 1/15/2019 at 8:37 PM, seagoal said:

Short aside....I spy some VE8 pads.  Please show a pic :)

Here's some pictures in action. Stock VE8, I bought them before I moved. Pads were all white, but I used black Pad Wrap on them. Had to go pretty simple because I didn't know where I would be playing this year.

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 1.09.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 1.09.47 PM.png

Edited by Peter36

22 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

Here's some pictures in action. Stock VE8, I bought them before I moved. Pads were all white, but I used black Pad Wrap on them. Had to go pretty simple because I didn't know where I would be playing this year.

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 1.09.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 1.09.47 PM.png

Nice, looking good.  That's a nice logo on that jersey. 

6 hours ago, Peter36 said:

After several skates with them tied it, the knots aren't coming undone. However, the string that I used to attach the Pro Laces to the pad is now looser. I don't know why this is happening, considering I tied it as tight as possible. Any solutions?

Did you use a waxed lace?  If not it will get wet and stretch

7 hours ago, Peter36 said:

After several skates with them tied it, the knots aren't coming undone. However, the string that I used to attach the Pro Laces to the pad is now looser. I don't know why this is happening, considering I tied it as tight as possible. Any solutions?

A little dab of something like Gorilla glue in the knot will keep it from coming undone if you're using non-waxed lace.  I use regular skate lace and it's been almost a year with the same knots.

12 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Waxed lace and use a lighter on the knot so it will melt to each other. Also like to light the ends so it doesn't fray. I believe @TheGoalNet does the exact same thing but with nylon lace.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, wox33 said:

I just took one of the velcro ends off and threaded it directly through the holes in the toe bridge and then used the speedy stitcher to close it back up. Looks so much cleaner and less moving parts.

This is what I do as well.  Except I sent my toe bridge to Michel to do it.  Maybe I should invest in a speed stitcher instead haha