Prolaces Thread

On 9/21/2018 at 3:44 PM, cwarnar said:

Drink the Kool Aid

Tried no boot strap this morning, and yeah felt good. Just in the warm up, pushing around my crease I was surprised at the increase in foot mobility (surprised mostly because I thought the ARS-straps already allowed for an impressive amount of mobility). 

With the G3/4's it's super easy to try out, don't even need to take the strap off. Just leave it on, with the clip attached, and have it run up over the top of your skate. More than enough slack on the band to make sure it's not pushing the pad up off your foot.

Will still probably give it a couple games to see if I ultimately will keep the setup. But I'd say it's definitely worth it to try out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Puckducker said:

Tried no boot strap this morning, and yeah felt good. Just in the warm up, pushing around my crease I was surprised at the increase in foot mobility (surprised mostly because I thought the ARS-straps already allowed for an impressive amount of mobility). 

With the G3/4's it's super easy to try out, don't even need to take the strap off. Just leave it on, with the clip attached, and have it run up over the top of your skate. More than enough slack on the band to make sure it's not pushing the pad up off your foot.

Will still probably give it a couple games to see if I ultimately will keep the setup. But I'd say it's definitely worth it to try out. 

That's the big thing... My oushesoare that much better (still haven't gone cowlingless) and any extra relief on my joints is welcome

Tried no boot strap finally.

After using the ARS for 1.5 years, just having prolaces on with no boot strap made the pad feel real loose. I'm going from a fairly tight set up to a very relaxed set up.

There's going to be an adjustment period. I've got three games this week with one being in a faster paced division. We'll see if I stick with or not.

Can't say that I'm not interested in keeping it, I really am. Just need more time to see if it's for me or not.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:16 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I cross over at the toe bridge and loop through the cowling once, in the middle.  I have one80 cowlings for reference.  So I cross the bungees at the front of the skate, run them down the side of the runner, and cross in the middle opening and up to the boot to connect them.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:18 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea ok. The classic toe tie technique.

That's what I did as well, that single crossover they suggest just looks like it's asking for it to become dislodged.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:22 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't run the first crossover through the first hole in the cowling, its in the front of the skate.  I only run them through the cowling once.  Basically I lay the pad at the toe of my skates.  Before I do anything I cross the Pro Laces right at the toe bridge and then run them down the sides of my, crossing them through the middle opening in the cowling.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

So you put the cross over before the cowling and then one through the cowling?

Why?

I know this is from last week but I just remembered to take these pictures at my game over the weekend so here you go.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

On 9/11/2018 at 11:32 AM, cwarnar said:

Finally made the switch to Pro Laces Armor on my RGT Pro pads.  Used them for the first time last night and am beyond impressed.

I installed mine as an offset toe and really noticed a huge difference in the attack angle on my slides/pushes.  The stock ARS straps I was using were great (a little tight and less forgiving at times) but I'm now a Pro Laces customer for life.  By far the premier option for the toe strap market.

IMG_20180910_105635.thumb.jpg.1f2abc3e7d7714617c9d1837c7121d5e.jpg.d9e73d3868001cc29e5a45f235cbadb1.jpgIMG_20180910_105647.thumb.jpg.a187aa83713db5234eee4b691782be04.jpg.6cd0eab67709f64571a95d73dedce0e6.jpg

How did you manage to fit the screws through those holes? Did you bore them out at all?

Looking to attach to my warrior g3's and there doesn't seem to be much room between the hole and the existing lace

On 10/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I know this is from last week but I just remembered to take these pictures at my game over the weekend so here you go.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

On 10/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Thanks boss. I've been doing it this style since the second time I've used em.

Interesting... I don't think i've ever done the cross in front, I do weave a weave pattern though...

image.png.8b041fe1cd57bd7f272d8aec93e063fc.png

42 minutes ago, OMG_MOVE said:

How did you manage to fit the screws through those holes? Did you bore them out at all?

Looking to attach to my warrior g3's and there doesn't seem to be much room between the hole and the existing lace

I have the same pads as Cwarnar and didn't have too much of an issue. Pretty sure the "toe bridge" of the G3's are the same as the RGT's.

1 hour ago, OMG_MOVE said:

I used lace instead of the screws.

The screws run so long that they'd scratch up the cowling.

3 hours ago, OMG_MOVE said:

Spite and brute strength.  Wasn't easy and took some patience but you can do it 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

image1 (1).jpeg

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Richter and Coop.  I have these Pro Laces and I laced them up like I saw in the video, by just running the cord down the side then under the mid point of the skate, and the pads had too much play after the cord stretched out a bit -- almost to the point of potentially cutting the cord on my skate.

Last night I crossed the cord over at the toe bridge and now these laces are perfect.  Thanks so much, I was about to go back to knotted skate laces soon ?