Ritual GT Chest

cwarnar

Has anybody worn the Ritual Pro and the R/GT Pro back to back? I am the world's biggest fanboy of the Ritual Pro (I have one I've used since a year and a half) and it's a fine unit. The arms are what stand out above and beyond for me. I just hope units with the origial Ritual-style arms are available for years to come, as my 7 hole GAA is .00 in this unit. They have tried and tried and tried scoring 7 hole and can't!!!! I could see me transferring the arms to other units!!!!

Back to the original question: can you tell much difference between the original Ritual arms and this new unit's arms as far as feeling shots and 7 hole goals? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@tony20 - You only have a Sr and not a Pro?

I have the senior r/gt, pro g2, and pro g1.  Aside from the different arms between the g2 and r/gt, the difference in materials feels very minor when touching them.  No perceived difference when playing.  Compared to the g1, it's even better.  Better internal foams and longer side/stomach protection.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:38 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Has anybody worn the Ritual Pro and the R/GT Pro back to back? I am the world's biggest fanboy of the Ritual Pro (I have one I've used since a year and a half) and it's a fine unit. The arms are what stand out above and beyond for me. I just hope units with the origial Ritual-style arms are available for years to come, as my 7 hole GAA is .00 in this unit. They have tried and tried and tried scoring 7 hole and can't!!!! I could see me transferring the arms to other units!!!!

Back to the original question: can you tell much difference between the original Ritual arms and this new unit's arms as far as feeling shots and 7 hole goals? 

The Ritual and R/GT are different lines, so Warrior is expected to continue to release updates for both as both lines are still officially active.  Warrior's policy is to not comment on anything that hasn't been released yet.  Unofficially, Warrior is starting to review the Ritual line for 2018.

I have the g2 and the r/gt.  They are physically the same size, so 7 hole coverage is the same.  There is so much padding and overlap with the different pieces that if anything, the problem is not feeling the shots in the r/gt.  I prefer the look and feel of the G2 though.

On 6/19/2017 at 4:59 PM, tony20 said:

The Ritual and R/GT are different lines, so Warrior is expected to continue to release updates for both as both lines are still officially active.  Warrior's policy is to not comment on anything that hasn't been released yet.  Unofficially, Warrior is starting to review the Ritual line for 2018.

I have the g2 and the r/gt.  They are physically the same size, so 7 hole coverage is the same.  There is so much padding and overlap with the different pieces that if anything, the problem is not feeling the shots in the r/gt.  I prefer the look and feel of the G2 though.

Thanks for the comparison.

• 7 months later...

Anyone with a longer-term review of the RGT C/A, Sr in particular? @tony20 , @kippewit or @bunnyman666 may be?

Looking to to get a new c/a, currently using a Bauer something (Ultra?) Pro from TGC back maybe ~4 years ago. Honestly the protection is still good, but most of the elastic straps are no longer elastic lol, and also hope to get a unit with better arm mobility. Could do some sewing and repairing myself for the straps, but that's not as exciting than new :) 

How's arm mobility on the RGT, and does the shoulder floaters stick out in front much, any hindrance to head movement and sight line? From the pics the floaters look a bit in front relative to the neck line, but maybe just that coz it's brand-new in the pic?!

46 minutes ago, oncogene said:

Anyone with a longer-term review of the RGT C/A, Sr in particular? @tony20 , @kippewit or @bunnyman666 may be?

Looking to to get a new c/a, currently using a Bauer something (Ultra?) Pro from TGC back maybe ~4 years ago. Honestly the protection is still good, but most of the elastic straps are no longer elastic lol, and also hope to get a unit with better arm mobility. Could do some sewing and repairing myself for the straps, but that's not as exciting than new :) 

How's arm mobility on the RGT, and does the shoulder floaters stick out in front much, any hindrance to head movement and sight line? From the pics the floaters look a bit in front relative to the neck line, but maybe just that coz it's brand-new in the pic?!

Arm mobility will not be an issue in the R/GT SR model that is for sure.  As for the shoulder floaters, they're completely adjustable.   You can move them outward, inward, looser or tighter.  The strap behind the neck also can be tightened or loosened to adjust to your preferences in the clavicle area.

I came here to ay the same as @Kirk3190 :-)

Using this C/A since June, and the more I wear it the better it feels. It was quite flexible from the beginning but after playing 7 months 3-4 times a week, it just feels perfect. As stated above: you can adjust the arms, floaters (left right, higher lower) and the back also. Since the beginning I have had only one stinger on my under arm. All the other shots didn't hurt at all. I do have the Pro version though, but other than materials it's the same as the Sr version.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:45 PM, Kirk3190 said:

Arm mobility will not be an issue in the R/GT SR model that is for sure.  As for the shoulder floaters, they're completely adjustable.   You can move them outward, inward, looser or tighter.  The strap behind the neck also can be tightened or loosened to adjust to your preferences in the clavicle area.

What the others said.  Very flexible out of the box.  Almost a year old and it still looks new.  This applies to both the r/gt senior and the g2 pro C/A.  Amazing units, they look like they will last forever.

• 1 year later...

Any advice on shortening the arms? I already moved the arms up with that one inch threading in the shoulders (which I was not pleased that the strings had no caps on them, for $270 I would have thought that the string would have at least lasted me through adjustment without basically falling apart). Anything else I can do? It pushes my glove and blocker off my hands. I have a long torso and a little thick around the middle so I had to go with a medium though even the small arms were a little big.

58 minutes ago, kyledjean said:

Any advice on shortening the arms? I already moved the arms up with that one inch threading in the shoulders (which I was not pleased that the strings had no caps on them, for $270 I would have thought that the string would have at least lasted me through adjustment without basically falling apart). Anything else I can do? It pushes my glove and blocker off my hands. I have a long torso and a little thick around the middle so I had to go with a medium though even the small arms were a little big.

Difficult to say without a visual for reference.  But, I would suggest tightening the elastic strap behind your neck and the two leather straps on the backplate.  This will bring the shoulders up a bit which in turn will raise the arms up.  

Also,  tighten each of the 4 elastics on the elbow caps.  This will help a ton if you haven't already done it.  

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, RichMan said:

Joined the club yesterday. Ordered in a GT Pro at a fair discount. Should be here next week. Can't wait to give it a run :D

Congrats, it's a great unit. It took me a while of trying different ones on until I found a worthy replacement of my H5, and this was it. Nice and mobile. I have the R/GT pants as well, that have an inner belt, so no suspenders, which makes it feel even more mobile. If I had to find any negative, it's the back hangs a little weird, I always have to kind if adjust it before I put it on, but that's just a minor gripe. Overall I love it.

I don’t have that issue with the C/A (GT Sr) but do with the X2 Pro pant the way it touches my back for some reason... likely cause it’s new and how I pack it. 

The GT C/A is a tank for sure. I feel totally safe and haven’t had any real stingers (only one in an when in an odd position no bruise though just felt it more than normal).  

• 3 weeks later...

So, tonight was my first ice time with the new chest. Let me start by saying that this thing takes up a lot of room in my hockey bag. Now on to the nitty gritty...

What I like is that it feels very light and the arms are super mobile. Seems protective, only got 2 shots on the body.

What I DO NOT like, 1- the loop on the belly is too high which makes it difficult to lace it to my pants. 2- the belly kept turning in on to itself ( I didn't have the belly extension on as it seemed long enough without when I tried it in the living room). 3- the sides would not stay in my pants, regardless them being XL, having the front lace somewhat tied to it and using suspenders (and here as well I took off the side extensions for the same reason as the front one).

It felt like I was wearing a barrel on me. Whenever I'd get into my stance, I could feel the c/a fighting with my pants which not only felt uncomfortable, it took away from my mental focus.

This unit is not overly stiff which surprised  me how it actually felt and performed on me.

Any of you have experienced similar issues?

Hi Rich, I don't tuck my CA in or lace it to my pants, so I can't speak to those issues. What I can say, is that I have the RGT pants (Medium), with internal belt and no suspenders, with the CA (Large) outside the pants, and really love the mobility (I've always worn suspenders, this is the first time I don't).  If your current CA+pants setup isn't working, I would suggest to try a different arrangement with the pants. I think the CA was not meant to be tied and tucked, I think it was meant to "be free" ;)

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

I have thought about downsizing on my pants and try the no suspenders approach for a while now. Doesn't the c/a run up in your throat or mask?

The CA is pretty adjustable, so you can play around and see what works. With no suspenders, the CA feels very light and mobile, and kind of floats around with my body. I don't have any movement problems or mask problems at all. Maybe on the contrary, I might have a small gap between my mask and CA, I took a shot there a couple of weeks ago and still have a bruise. Maybe I still need to make an adjustment or two. I also might think about getting a dangler for next season actually.

13 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

The CA is pretty adjustable, so you can play around and see what works. With no suspenders, the CA feels very light and mobile, and kind of floats around with my body. I don't have any movement problems or mask problems at all. Maybe on the contrary, I might have a small gap between my mask and CA, I took a shot there a couple of weeks ago and still have a bruise. Maybe I still need to make an adjustment or two. I also might think about getting a dangler for next season actually.

My pants are XL. If I wear them with suspenders and laced up tight, I might get away with enough room at the waist area. If that doesn't work, then I might have to look for a size large. Isn't that a shame :P 

As for the gap in the neck area, the only c/a that ever fit up high on me was my Mckenney 870, every other model (including the R/GT) sits a little lower. This is why I will never part with my Maltese combo. I might eventually have to replace it with another brand but it's non negotiable with me. I did the dangler thing eons ago and it got in the way too much. Had one split on me after a shot. Ref never called a stop play and I could of cut myself pretty bad. That was my experience.

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

So, tonight was my first ice time with the new chest. Let me start by saying that this thing takes up a lot of room in my hockey bag. Now on to the nitty gritty...

What I like is that it feels very light and the arms are super mobile. Seems protective, only got 2 shots on the body.

What I DO NOT like, 1- the loop on the belly is too high which makes it difficult to lace it to my pants. 2- the belly kept turning in on to itself ( I didn't have the belly extension on as it seemed long enough without when I tried it in the living room). 3- the sides would not stay in my pants, regardless them being XL, having the front lace somewhat tied to it and using suspenders (and here as well I took off the side extensions for the same reason as the front one).

It felt like I was wearing a barrel on me. Whenever I'd get into my stance, I could feel the c/a fighting with my pants which not only felt uncomfortable, it took away from my mental focus.

This unit is not overly stiff which surprised  me how it actually felt and performed on me.

Any of you have experienced similar issues?

Not sure if it helps anything, but I have an older Ritual CA in Sr Small

image.png.8b628112c96b29907b1eb29c7f26bfdd.png

I wear it untucked outside my Sr Large CCM pants, tied in the front. I have never had any issues such as you describe. Kinda weird stuff.

Archived