CCM Premier 2

TheGoalNet

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, that's all personal preference. Especially considering everyone has different measurements.

Yes, I understand that.  But if you haven't wore the premier line yet you will notice how different it is.  The P2 will be a little different with the soft boot if you go with that option.

5 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Yes, I understand that.  But if you haven't wore the premier line yet you will notice how different it is.  The P2 will be a little different with the soft boot if you go with that option.

Isn't it still the usual Lefevre table top boot style? And i'm not seeing the correlation between bootflex and thighrise.

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Isn't it still the usual Lefevre table top boot style? And i'm not seeing the correlation between bootflex and thighrise.

The P1 sit an inch higher, in my Revoke I wore a 24+2 which were perfect, my 33+2 ride too high.  Depending on the boot flex the pad may go down within time, I have a stiff boot on my P1 and they are solid not moving, the P2 soft boot over time will give, it's way too soft to be honest and the pad will just break within use over a year or two. 

I suggest to put everything on before buying anything ;) 

4 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

The P1 sit an inch higher, in my Revoke I wore a 24+2 which were perfect, my 33+2 ride too high.  Depending on the boot flex the pad may go down within time, I have a stiff boot on my P1 and they are solid not moving, the P2 soft boot over time will give, it's way too soft to be honest and the pad will just break within use over a year or two. 

Yea, the Premier series always has due to the table top and stiff design. I have a feeling that the soft boot option won't settle that much, if at all. I don't think I've heard of too many users of the Eflex line complaining about their boot settling, and that flex pint looks softer than the soft boot option of the P2's (that's all assumption, I haven't got my hands on them yet).

And I'll absolutely agree with that. It's why I'm so hesitant about Brown/Passau/True. If I can't get my hand on a tangible product to see if it works for me, I don't bother.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, the Premier series always has due to the table top and stiff design. I have a feeling that the soft boot option won't settle that much, if at all. I don't think I've heard of too many users of the Eflex line complaining about their boot settling, and that flex pint looks softer than the soft boot option of the P2's (that's all assumption, I haven't got my hands on them yet).

And I'll absolutely agree with that. It's why I'm so hesitant about Brown/Passau/True. If I can't get my hand on a tangible product to see if it works for me, I don't bother.

All of the cores are the same. There is an insert in to the core of the Stiff Flex boot option and that is the difference. It literally closes up the flex point of the boot. I do not think the P2 core with soft boot will settle at all 

On 4/13/2018 at 3:47 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Supposedly they fixed the fit issue with the PII's.  There was an obvious size discrepancy between the Eflex's and the Premiers when the PI's came out, my understanding is the PII's now fit exactly the same as the Eflex's.  I have always worn 33+2 in Reebok/CCM, that's what my XLT's are and my P4's and Revokes before them.

3 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

Supposedly they fixed the fit issue with the PII's.  There was an obvious size discrepancy between the Eflex's and the Premiers when the PI's came out, my understanding is the PII's now fit exactly the same as the Eflex's.  I have always worn 33+2 in Reebok/CCM, that's what my XLT's are and my P4's and Revokes before them.

Hey, I can let you know that they still sit an inch higher, they did not do anything to fix it, I have tried a 34 and a 33 P2, the 34 is way off....do not order anything without trying it on you will regret it!

On 4/13/2018 at 12:53 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Can't speak to Brown, and you know about me and Passau, but True isn't something you'd regret. It's made to your foot, so it's going to fit you better than anything off the shelf. 

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Can't speak to Brown, and you know about me and Passau, but True isn't something you'd regret. It's made to your foot, so it's going to fit you better than anything off the shelf. 

If there is anything you're going to tout more that Passau, it's VH/True. :P

I'm interested, and my feet would be ideal for a custom skate. I'd like to go the route of custom boot with a CCM Tack Cowling. The taller two piece cowlings of True/Bauer don't interest me but there are almost zero reviews about the True 1 piece boots.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If there is anything you're going to tout more that Passau, it's VH/True. :P

I'm interested, and my feet would be ideal for a custom skate. I'd like to go the route of custom boot with a CCM Tack Cowling. The taller two piece cowlings of True/Bauer don't interest me but there are almost zero reviews about the True 1 piece boots.

If you want cowlingless but don't want the height of the Step or Bauer holders, I'd go with the 1 piece without hesitation. I just personally want the extra height so my next pair will have Bauer holders, most likely. 

Here's some initial thoughts after a few skates:

Rebounds - Hottest by far of any pads of anything I have worn 

Seal - Phenomenal, like having plywood attached to your legs in a positive way 

Speed Skin - Better than Jenpro, but not the fastest 

On 4/17/2018 at 9:03 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Here's some initial thoughts after a few skates:

Rebounds - Hottest by far of any pads of anything I have worn 

Seal - Phenomenal, like having plywood attached to your legs in a positive way 

Speed Skin - Better than Jenpro, but not the fastest 

I believe you have the tight fit however I wasn't a big fan of it, I need to be more loose BUT I was interested about the speed skin and they do work compare to the regular jenpro.....I think if I go any faster than that it will just mess up my game.  But I noticed a slight difference.

I’m finding I feel fatigued after wear the P2. I don’t think it’s the weight, but more the stiff pad? These are significantly stiffer than my Optik FLY

any have similar experiences going to a stiffer pad? Maybe it’s just coincidence and I’m fatigued the last few skates?

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’m finding I feel fatigued after wear the P2. I don’t think it’s the weight, but more the stiff pad? These are significantly stiffer than my Optik FLY

any have similar experiences going to a stiffer pad? Maybe it’s just coincidence and I’m fatigued the last few skates?

My first call would be the difference in weight.  My personal experience is the opposite, I found myself feeling fresher going to a lighter pad (CCM Eflex 1 to Kenesky). 

I think CCM advertises their pad around the 5 lb mark per pad and the Optiks are around 4?

Beyond weight, it could the be the strapping.  CCM advertises their pads to "hang" off the leg a bit more in transition from ready stance to save movement - I'm referring to the studies they did with a Canadian university on optimal strap placement - I think they call this "quickseal"?
It's possible your body isn't used to carrying the weight of your gear like that.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:15 AM, mr_shifty1982 said:

I believe you have the tight fit however I wasn't a big fan of it, I need to be more loose BUT I was interested about the speed skin and they do work compare to the regular jenpro.....I think if I go any faster than that it will just mess up my game.  But I noticed a slight difference.

I have the speed skin. It's faster than regular Jenpro. It's not as consistent as Optislide. It get's a bit slower in choppy ice. That only matters for the guys not getting floods between periods. 

On 4/23/2018 at 2:07 AM, Chenner29 said:

My first call would be the difference in weight.  My personal experience is the opposite, I found myself feeling fresher going to a lighter pad (CCM Eflex 1 to Kenesky). 

I think CCM advertises their pad around the 5 lb mark per pad and the Optiks are around 4?

Beyond weight, it could the be the strapping.  CCM advertises their pads to "hang" off the leg a bit more in transition from ready stance to save movement - I'm referring to the studies they did with a Canadian university on optimal strap placement - I think they call this "quickseal"?
It's possible your body isn't used to carrying the weight of your gear like that.

CCM's are just under 5. Old Optiks were were a bit lighter. New Optik are like 4.5. I have FLY core, so I cannot hit 4lbs. So the weight difference between the red set I was used to and these ones should not be too much? Maybe I have just been fatigued from life and not realized it. 

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's not the weight, I was wearing the demo set straight pad and it was so stiff!! I got tired after 40 minutes on the ice.  But you do have a double internal break which should be a lot better, maybe it's just getting used to?  In my P1 set all stiff single internal and outer I can be on the ice for an hour and a half and be okay but that's over a year with playing with the pads.

I think it takes time to break in a pad and getting used to.

As well, your tight fit, the pad sits right on your leg...with the added stiffness of the pad that may also be adding extra weight subconsciously....makes no sense I know but I think that's another factor. 

On 4/23/2018 at 9:23 AM, mr_shifty1982 said:

It's not the weight, I was wearing the demo set straight pad and it was so stiff!! I got tired after 40 minutes on the ice.  But you do have a double internal break which should be a lot better, maybe it's just getting used to?  In my P1 set all stiff single internal and outer I can be on the ice for an hour and a half and be okay but that's over a year with playing with the pads. 

I think it takes time to break in a pad and getting used to.

As well, your tight fit, the pad sits right on your leg...with the added stiffness of the pad that may also be adding extra weight subconsciously....makes no sense I know but I think that's another factor. 

I’m on the same page. My is that it’s the stiffness. I think I’m using muscles I’m not used to from the stiffness and that’s it. 

With that said, the butterfly seal on these is unreal 

Archived