CCM Premier 2

TheGoalNet

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm sure it's mostly lighting, but the material between the red accent and the outer roll on the boot area looks super loose.

The materials on the blocker were very loose, I didn't inspect the pad yet.  But it looks sharp!

Plus the pad is so soft, materials will be loosened up, if that makes sense

3 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Looks nice ?? i was waiting 13 weeks for my set but i live in switzerland. Do you have the soft boot or the stiff boot?

Me? No 

The stiff boot literally does not move. There is an insert put into the core that greatly limits it's movement. 

11 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

@TheGoalNet @Vogilny#25 the stiff boot actually does move compare to the P1 rock solid boot...there is a difference just putting it out there. 

To be clear, not knocking the stiff boot. If you like it, that's great. I just find it too stiff for my tastes. Given CCM's reputation with pad cores, I would be shocked if they broke down. 

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

To be clear, not knocking the stiff boot. If you like it, that's great. I just find it too stiff for my tastes. Given CCM's reputation with pad cores, I would be shocked if they broke down. 

I just dont understand why you want a soft boot on a stiff pad? If you want a soft boot go with the eflex line. I dont get why ccm makes a soft boot to the premier line in the stock option? They make the premier boot soft and make the eflex boot a bit stiffer but why?

5 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Hmm...ok my boot is realy stiff i think its the same like my premier 1 pads

I bent the pad for a few days, it isn't AS stiff haha....trust me over time it will move a bit but I agree, soft boot on a stiff pad? I love my P1 but they are just too heavy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 2:09 AM, Vogilny#25 said:

I just dont understand why you want a soft boot on a stiff pad? If you want a soft boot go with the eflex line. I dont get why ccm makes a soft boot to the premier line in the stock option? They make the premier boot soft and make the eflex boot a bit stiffer but why?

Anke Up is stiff. This ensures good seal, consistency, and stability 

Flexible boots helps for RVH and for scramble plays 

it doesn’t compromise the seal at all and I’m trusting the pads won’t break down... From my stand point, why not get it? No downside 

10 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So I went down to the local hockey shop and while waiting for my skates to get sharpened I did the usual fuck around with gear.

Man, off the shelf P2's have some soft boot flex.I knew they softened them up, but side by side with some Eflex3's, the P2's were softer.

Yeah, in my head P2 is way stiffer than Optik... but when I scrunch them side by side, they’re very similar 

The difference is that P2 is a bit thicker compared to Optik. I believe that is part of the reason P2 seals so well 

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yeah, in my head P2 is way stiffer than Optik... but when I scrunch them side by side, they’re very similar 

The difference is that P2 is a bit thicker compared to Optik. I believe that is part of the reason P2 seals so well 

Plus anything above the boot break is about as stiff as it gets too.The Optik Fly felt like it has more give at the knee and thigh.

The new P2's are very enticing.

Archived