CCM Premier 2

TheGoalNet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I've recently had some strapping issues with my CCM Premier 2.9s. I've had them for about 4 months now and the knee strap and the outer calf strap come undone routinely and find myself having to fix the strap 2-3 times every practice and game. Does anyone know of any ways to strengthen the velcro or if there's a specific way to strap them that will stop this from happening? 

7 minutes ago, ccsgoalie said:

I've recently had some strapping issues with my CCM Premier 2.9s. I've had them for about 4 months now and the knee strap and the outer calf strap come undone routinely and find myself having to fix the strap 2-3 times every practice and game. Does anyone know of any ways to strengthen the velcro or if there's a specific way to strap them that will stop this from happening? 

Is it just the velcro is worn?  This is a common issue on Senior level pads in my experience.  It happens on all pads eventually, but much faster on a senior level pad because of the lower quality materials typically used.  On pro level pads, the elastic usually stretches out before the velcro wears out.

20 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Is it just the velcro is worn?  This is a common issue on Senior level pads in my experience.  It happens on all pads eventually, but much faster on a senior level pad because of the lower quality materials typically used.  On pro level pads, the elastic usually stretches out before the velcro wears out.

4 months is a stupid short time for the velcro to wear out.

I had my Senior V4's velcro still hold strong years down the line, as well as my SNR R/GT's velcro is still in great condition despite owning them for almost 2 years.

1 hour ago, ccsgoalie said:

Did you contact the retailer or CCM customer service?

On 1/10/2019 at 2:34 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

4 months is a stupid short time for the velcro to wear out.

I had my Senior V4's velcro still hold strong years down the line, as well as my SNR R/GT's velcro is still in great condition despite owning them for almost 2 years.

I had a set of the SLR Pro's and the velcro was just awful, lasted less than 6 months.  Not surprisingly GM sold replacement kits that insert right into the calf wrap.  My PVE Pro Carbons are 1 yr old and all straps are good as new, same strapping setup as the SLR, but clearly higher quality. 

I was actually going to put a Warrior disclaimer in my original response.  In my opinion Warrior doesn't make Sr. level gear, its just Pro A and Pro B.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I think many people would challenge this.

Just my opinion having owned their pro and Sr gear since the release of the G3 and having owned Sr level gear from Vaughn and CCM recently as well. 

There is a distinct difference between most brands Sr and pro level gear...warrior is a bit harder to distinguish.  Specifically durability, performance and protection, which is all I really care about.

If I could only afford a set of Sr. pads and wanted the most bang for my buck, based on my experience, I wouldn't think twice about going with Warrior.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always got the new gear itch and have been playing with the P2 customizer quite a bit... Looking for some feedback from the group on color scheme but also specs for the set... As most know I employ a Black based color scheme with White and red accents... Inspiration for a possible P2 come from Jeff Glass' Hawks set:

Image result for jeff glass blackhawks

So I managed to mock this up tonight...

image.png.ebb7ffe6d8a12874a57622eddee24845.png

But as the for the fine points I can't decide on the pad lacing color - black, red or white

Black.PNG.e48d19a37a6adac5956cac581d632777.PNGRed.PNG.3ae1c19b8a37604c0570ff7a195867c8.PNGWhite.PNG.642317e2b32af758cff05b10fff5abea.PNG

Let me know your thoughts on the color scheme and any other recommendations from the peanut gallery on specs for the set.  Specifically on the knee block, glove palm materials along with nash vs nylon in the leg channel.

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looking sharp!!!!

Funny that you were asking about when they were coming in.... and they show up hours later!

It took 10 weeks to get here. You know how many times I opened the front door to check for a box the past two weeks?

26 minutes ago, Kaveman42 said:

It took 10 weeks to get here. You know how many times I opened the front door to check for a box the past two weeks? 

I really wish these gear companies would get their act together in regards to custom gear.

Let us follow along when an order is submitted, when it's being built, shipped, etc.

Even's if it's as simple as something like this...

1493742158542.jpg.ecd788fe8e127c6e16173756041233c9.jpg

I believe True does something similar in regards to their skates.

Archived