Goal Stick Butt End/Knob Thread

Punisher Goalie

That thread title is a bit of a psychological test...

Haven’t seen one of these posted yet, just thought it would be cool to have a place to show how you tape your goalie stick knob.

Here’s mine - experimenting with a Holtby-style top using 1/2-inch strip. Not nearly as large as the DVD-sized knob he uses, but I like it so far. Finished off with some gauze tape to match my team colors.

00969028-D3AC-4DBC-9FE8-F9FC09A75172.thumb.jpeg.985079ed936bb7de4a908b396dc66f1a.jpeg

Post yours! 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Interesting. I have a Russian Grip. No real complaints to date. Might test drive a Butt Endz soon too

I really wanted to like my Butt Endz, but its pretty heavy. Might not be an issue for a foam core or wood stick user, but on my 1S it threw off the feel quite a bit. I’d be happy to ship mine to you so it doesn’t sit collecting dust. PM me if interested.

@Punisher Goalie first off... I love that you didn't shy away from the topic title (even if you added a qualifier.) Secondly, my knob is about the same as yours up top, I just don't tape underneath at all. Never have. Not sure why. Poke checks is what I'm supposed to say, but I don't poke check all that often. Guess maybe I'm just lazy and once I get done with all that wrapping I don't feel like doing more. I do retape my blade every skate though. Oh I'll find a way to waste as much tape as all you knobbers. 

IMG_2162.JPG

7 minutes ago, MTH said:

We need more pictures of your storage area. Stat.

Ha! will do. Already packed up my bag for a skate this evening... but I'll snap some tomorrow. I just keep my sticks in the garage... the rest has it's own specially designed room INSIDE the house...

8 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Ha! will do. Already packed up my bag for a skate this evening... but I'll snap some tomorrow. I just keep my sticks in the garage... the rest has it's own specially designed room INSIDE the house...

Inside house IS the right place to store goalie gear ;) .

4 hours ago, mik said:

It is the right place, but sometimes relization is the hard thing :D . It is just a matter of... some discusion :D ?

It all depends on your living situation. 

Since there aren’t any little demon bunnies living in my hutch, I have my equipment in the basement, though I am going to clean that all up. My shoppe/garage will have vintage goalie stuff on display for sharpening customers. 

Ideally- my pool would be replaced by an outdoor kitchen and detached work shoppe/equipment area (a small pole barn/outbuilding)  and the garage would be full of motorcycles.  Mrs. bunnyman666 does not feel the same way. 

Figured I'd get my knob out too, it's ribbed. Stick tape base and ribbing, base of the knob is also the twisted tape wrapped around a couple layers. Then grip tape bottom to top, fold the tape in half and make the knob bigger until I have just enough to wrap back down to the bottom. Stick tape to seal it off again.

I have a custom Russian grip on the way that is a similar design. The grip tape does get a little dirty after a season. 

20171018_225350.jpg

Archived