Goal Stick Butt End/Knob Thread

Punisher Goalie

17 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

I've been using the Genoni knob since about June. Looks funky, but I absolutely love it. That space acts like a trigger and I've found it much easier to control my stick handling and shot. 

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

leonardo-genoni.jpg

1. I could totally see how that can work.  Won't be giving it a try but I get it.
2. That is one of the nicest mask I have seen in the last 5 years.  No questions asked!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to try a Buttendz Fusion grip last night.  I'm a bit strange in that I tinker with my butt end a lot.  I've tried the Sentry, the Fusion, RussianGrip Goalie and every single TackiMac Command grip so I figured I'd post some thoughts below:

Russian Grip - nice construction, feel and over size and grip, and easy application however, the top of the grip constantly came over the end of my stick when trying to shoot so that was a no go for me.

Sentry - Getting the grip on is challenging, but doable.  I found the butt end size to be a bit big and the knob kept coming over the end of the stick as well.  Also a no go for me long term

TackiMac - All of the TackiMacs are easy to install in my opinion.  I personally prefer the size and feel of the wrapped and sand versions, I though the goalie and big butt we're a bit too big.  Over time though the grip does wear down, get dirty and turn a bit yellow/grimey

Fusion - So far, probably my favorite in terms of performance and feel.  However, it really bothers me that I can't get just a simple white one and the graphics and design are a bit over the top for me (old man yells at cloud).  It also seems like it's hard to find just white ones in general and the fact that they don't make the flux is white is crazy to me.

Overall, I think the ButtEndz offer the best performance, I just wish they offered a simple white one white option of the Flux.  Maybe one day.

As they don't all show measurements on the websites can anyone please confirm which of the goalie grips has the biggest butt?

In the immortal words of Sir Mix-alot, "i like big butts and i cannot lie!" ?

I'm not a huge fan of loads of grip so I'm also curious if you could trim a few inches off or would the grip not stay on the shaft? Giggady.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and ordered a Goalie Top Grip. My plan is to cut it into a couple pieces (really going to try and use the solid section only) and use it to cover the portions that get tapped up for a little protection, then tape my knob as per usual. Not overly concerned about breaking a twig because of post tapping... but it will alleviate the marks and minor chips I've seen happening already.

image.thumb.png.7ed146a3099659fa7d84a94a293bdc88.png        image.png.f6ac3cc8e760065cd45d730138cfdfe6.png

Archived