Protechsport Mask Thread

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ohhh.  Yea, don't care about her either.  Still wondering why someone would want to put that twat Beyonce or Taylor Swift on a goal mask.  

And not a dignified lady like Bea Arthur...

Back on topic, the demonic rabbit almost has his next Protechsport masque scheme all cooked up!!!!

I don't particularly feel the need to justify the reasoning as to what I choose to have painted on a mask or what colors I get in my gear etc. Having owned more Protechsport masks than most (if not everybody) in this group, I feel my need to contribute. Furthermore I'd like to see this website thrive and the bottom line is the only way for that to happen is if we get more people posting. Well so far my posts in this thread are met with criticism. I do not expect many to agree with my paint choices. Perhaps I was naive in thinking there would be more positive feedback with regards to the actual artwork quality on the best goalie mask out there instead of the subject matter. That is how you discourage others from joining the website, this discussion and wanting to participate in this community.

In light of Montreal winning consecutive games for the first time this season, I was in a good mood and was going to post more pictures of my masks but there seems to be no positive reaction to my collection thusfar. I'll leave it to you guys.

On 10/26/2017 at 9:46 AM, ULTIMA said:

Ooohhhhhhhh you meant TSWizzle! lol

Silly Me.

You mean THIS TSwizzle?

Hah, no... not that T swizzle mask, apparently there is more than 1!

Im glad your sharing and we appreciate it. I have gotten on people in the past and had talks with the Admins about this... There’s too many mediums out there right fighting for people’s time, that we can’t afford be negative. 

With that said, I thought most of the comments towards your masks were in fun and good spirits? I thought everyone was enjoying an unexpected paint choice 

if you feel bothered by any posts in particular, please DM me the specific post and I’ll re-review it 

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Hah, no... not that T swizzle mask, apparently there is more than 1!

Im glad your sharing and we appreciate it. I have gotten on people in the past and had talks with the Admins about this... There’s too many mediums out there right fighting for people’s time, that we can’t afford be negative. 

With that said, I thought most of the comments towards your masks were in fun and good spirits? I thought everyone was enjoying an unexpected paint choice 

if you feel bothered by any posts in particular, please DM me the specific post and I’ll re-review it 

Sir,

re-read some of the above comments. On the internet or not, calling any woman a "twat" is pretty offensive. That's just one man's opinion, I'm not going to ask for it to get removed. But it's obvious that this kind of talk is fueled by the dislike in what I had to share so I won't post any pictures further in this thread. Unless plain and boring white masks are what people want to continue to see.

Furthermore If this kind of talk is acceptable, I think I am in the wrong place.

@ULTIMA Full confession mode here - literally half my pre-game playlist is dominated by Taylor Swift. I like upbeat stuff on my drive to the rink, always have as a player and especially now playing goalie. I like having something catchy stuck in my head for those games where the shots are few and far between (although not getting many of those lately). I’m going to say “22” is my favorite tune lol.

I respect anyone who is committed enough to an idea to get custom paint. Do you wear yours in games or is it more of a collection?

15 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Unless plain and boring white masks are what people want to continue to see.

What exactly is the difference of someone saying they don't like Beyonce or TS on a mask and you calling someone's mask that is white "boring"?

13 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I don't particularly feel the need to justify the reasoning as to what I choose to have painted on a mask or what colors I get in my gear etc. Having owned more Protechsport masks than most (if not everybody) in this group, I feel my need to contribute. Furthermore I'd like to see this website thrive and the bottom line is the only way for that to happen is if we get more people posting. Well so far my posts in this thread are met with criticism. I do not expect many to agree with my paint choices. Perhaps I was naive in thinking there would be more positive feedback with regards to the actual artwork quality on the best goalie mask out there instead of the subject matter. That is how you discourage others from joining the website, this discussion and wanting to participate in this community.

In light of Montreal winning consecutive games for the first time this season, I was in a good mood and was going to post more pictures of my masks but there seems to be no positive reaction to my collection thusfar. I'll leave it to you guys.

Hey- they did great likenesses of T Swizzy and Beyonce. I only kid about Bea Arthur as she is the antithesis of what most would have painted on their masques. 

If Mrs. bunnyman666 and I had a litter, we would have rather our daughter emulate T Swizzy than many other pop tarts. Talent? Yes. Business sense? Yes. My style of music? Hell no! But I am old and only like stuff that came out before the end of the century. 

You have a very cool collection of masques. I for one, want to see them even if they don’t have Bea Arthur on them!!!!

13 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

In light of Montreal winning consecutive games for the first time this season, I was in a good mood and was going to post more pictures of my masks but there seems to be no positive reaction to my collection thus far. I'll leave it to you guys.

For one, I didn't realize you were posting your own mask.  I thought it was just something you found on the internet, my bad.  Two, relax dude.  People are just busting chops.  

11 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Sir,

re-read some of the above comments. On the internet or not, calling any woman a "twat" is pretty offensive. That's just one man's opinion, I'm not going to ask for it to get removed. But it's obvious that this kind of talk is fueled by the dislike in what I had to share so I won't post any pictures further in this thread. Unless plain and boring white masks are what people want to continue to see.

Furthermore If this kind of talk is acceptable, I think I am in the wrong place.

Again, chill out, seriously.  How have you played the game of hockey for how ever long you've played and never heard an offensive word?  Must be a pretty blah locker room experience on your team.

4 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

@ULTIMA Full confession mode here - literally half my pre-game playlist is dominated by Taylor Swift. I like upbeat stuff on my drive to the rink, always have as a player and especially now playing goalie. I like having something catchy stuck in my head for those games where the shots are few and far between (although not getting many of those lately). I’m going to say “22” is my favorite tune lol.

I respect anyone who is committed enough to an idea to get custom paint. Do you wear yours in games or is it more of a collection?

In all honesty, Taylor Swift is a guilty pleasure of mine as well.  I don't listen to her music prior to my games nor would I paint her on my mask, but, I find a few of her songs very catchy and I enjoy them.  I also find her to be a bit of a goofball which is cute and a nice change of pace from some of the other skanks that are popular these days.

4 hours ago, 1C5 said:

What exactly is the difference of someone saying they don't like Beyonce or TS on a mask and you calling someone's mask that is white "boring"?

Exactly.  There is no difference.  To each their own.  Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

15 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

And you might have been looking for this...

Yup, not that one either. Maybe I’m just naive had no idea how many masks she’s been on!!! 

Also, I still maintain most guys were having fun with some unique paint jobs. Please don’t take offense. If there was an off comment in there, I’m sorry I missed it. 

I think everyone is happy to have you here and you have lots of gear!!!

@Punisher Goalie you’re onto something scientific. There’s a bunch of tenhniques for clearing your head. One of them is getting a song stuck in your head and humming it back to yourself. Jack Nicholas used to sing “Pauly’s Girl” when he was playing majors. 

I’ve tried this and definitely messed with the Taylor Swift playlist. Oddly enough “I go on too many dates...” just doesn’t stick for me like 90s rap. Ive been doing lots of Jay Z and Wu Tang lately 

another trick is wiggling your toes. Apparently it’s impossible to wiggle all your toes and think about something else  

@Mike Stacey - ever heard of these? Both tips I heard from golf 

• 3 weeks later...

As many have said in this thread, and the GSBB one, the wait with Protechsport sucks, but the product at the end of the day, coupled with the level of service, is excellent.

Case in point...  I was actually originally matched with a Lalime model based on my face mold, but I didn't like the fit when I received the mask.  I debated it for a long time and eventually reached back out to Michel to see what could be done.  We experimented with different foam setups, and ultimately, Michel was kind enough to offer to build a new mask for me if I sent back the old one.  This took some extra time, but resolved the issue, and was well worth the wait.  I really got the impression that he places as much value on the service itself, as he does on the product.  Pretty rare in this day and age IMO.  

Now for the good stuff!

Specs and Pics

• Auld model
  • All kevlar
  • Chin sling
  • Longer chin (not sure to what extent this happened since the Auld model is already a pretty long chin.  Michel determines the appropriate length based on your face mold unless you are more specific than that.  For me, I was good with him using his discretion.)
  • Things for aesthetics
    • Smooth inside (love this aspect in particular)
    • Cage mounted on the sides 
    • Hidden straps on backplate (hopefully will motivate me to get this thing painted one day!)

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

That smooth interior does make it look very sharp. I wonder why Michel's masks are rougher on the inside (when you don't opt for the smooth interior upcharge) than competitors? Is it a fibre difference, resin difference, or both? Is it simply the way it's constructed, or do all the other companies smooth out their masks by default? I'm curious if anyone knows the reason.