Protechsport Mask Thread

16 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

As I say with stuff like foams, etc. @jeff da goalie, there is always tradeoffs. I like the black EVA better than rubatex, myself. It is not that durable, but it also stays soft through its lifespan. It is a one or the other thing, for me. I can’t stand the feel of aged Rubatex. 

My big disappointment was that I could not get a Roy-style helmet, or a Brodeur, for my head shape. But in the end- I got something that is still pretty unique...

I did buy a Protechsport on the secondary market for an additional back up. It has enough different features to differentiate it from what I had ordered custom. And I did not have to wait!

I hear ya.  My Coveted has dual density foam, so I'm hoping it's the best of both worlds.

9 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Of course when you go nuts is when you’re looking at the tracking info!

What's driving me nuts is trying to figure out what I wanna do with the mask itself.  I am trying to save a bit of money so I am considering sending it to just get a wrap job instead of a paint job.  If I do the wrap I don't know what color I should get the mask itself.  Metallic silver, black, or white.  Doesn't really matter as it won't be showing anyway but its something I think about.  

Then, if I DO get a paint job, I don't know if I should get a regular Jonathan Quick paint job or if I should get the design he had at the Sochi Olympics so it matches my red white and blue gear.  Decisions decisions...

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What's driving me nuts is trying to figure out what I wanna do with the mask itself.  I am trying to save a bit of money so I am considering sending it to just get a wrap job instead of a paint job.  If I do the wrap I don't know what color I should get the mask itself.  Metallic silver, black, or white.  Doesn't really matter as it won't be showing anyway but its something I think about.  

Then, if I DO get a paint job, I don't know if I should get a regular Jonathan Quick paint job or if I should get the design he had at the Sochi Olympics so it matches my red white and blue gear.  Decisions decisions...

I played a bit in mine before committing. Made the decision easier.

Does anyone know if Michel ever pads his masks more in the cheek area if asked?  I'm kicking around the idea of having him make me a 960 clone, but one of the things I like most about the 950/960 small/medium sizes on the shelves right now is the feeling of how the foam is extended further back than just that little gap from the cheek bone to the ears like he pads his masks usually.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, Kayen said:

Get it done!

I should be getting mine next week hopefully! He's got my noggin into a Theodore

On 4/19/2018 at 10:57 PM, TheGoalNet said:

961 Clone?

Also, I communicated with Michel today. He checked out the thread! Thanks to everyone has posted your masks. 

Fuck!!  He just emailed me telling me I took too long to get it to him.  I am being pushed to the next batch in May.  

Own a protechsport mask & it out performed anything i ever used by far. It the basic fibreglass version & no chips ,cracks or ringers ever.

I got it wrapped Thibault stlye  & love it. It's the Roy mold & I used this for 7 years. I've changed out the padding in it every 12 months. 

I also change the harness, but all those things are maintenance issues.

This is the tank of all tanks.Never hurt wearing this mask & believe me I had plenty of hard slappers to the head.

Very light, but for the price of $300.00 Cdn , you are getting the best.

20170123_201328.jpg

20170123_201340.jpg

• Like 2

Man.. choosing Protechsport mask was a best move I've ever done. I was able to get a dream mask in 961 mold. I would do it again if my mask breaks again. Only negative is that it takes a long time to get it made. But def worth it. Working with Michel was a pleasure to work with.

https://imgur.com/HfeTChO

Edited by byundavid
pic didn't work

1 hour ago, byundavid said:

Man.. choosing Protechsport mask was a best move I've ever done. I was able to get a dream mask in 961 mold. I would do it again if my mask breaks again. Only negative is that it takes a long time to get it made. But def worth it. Working with Michel was a pleasure to work with.

https://imgur.com/HfeTChO

Try loading your pictures directly to the post.  Thanks, and welcome aboard!

On 4/24/2018 at 10:47 PM, Robert Brunet said:

Own a protechsport mask & it out performed anything i ever used by far. It the basic fibreglass version & no chips ,cracks or ringers ever.

I got it wrapped Thibault stlye  & love it. It's the Roy mold & I used this for 7 years. I've changed out the padding in it every 12 months. 

I also change the harness, but all those things are maintenance issues.

This is the tank of all tanks.Never hurt wearing this mask & believe me I had plenty of hard slappers to the head.

Very light, but for the price of $300.00 Cdn , you are getting the best.

20170123_201328.jpg

20170123_201340.jpg

Where did you get that wrap done? Looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, daffy said:

Hey guys, anyone hear from Michel lately?  I sent him a few pics on the damage to my mask.  Haven't heard from him.  Figure he's really backed up or on vacation or something but thought id ask.

When was this?  I was talking to him all last week.

1 hour ago, daffy said:

Hey guys, anyone hear from Michel lately?  I sent him a few pics on the damage to my mask.  Haven't heard from him.  Figure he's really backed up or on vacation or something but thought id ask.

I was talking to him last week as well as he followed up with me after receiving my mask to see how fit was, and me potentially sending him back another mask or two to get repadded since he has my head mold too.