Protechsport Mask Thread

On 3/24/2017 at 6:57 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Pretty sure that is a Warwick, not a Protechsport.  I can't find a picture on his website that shows all of the molds but all of his masks seem to be more rounded(the shells, not just the vents).  

I did a head mold for my Pro's Choice it wasn't that bad.  My wife, gf or fiance at the time, helped me with it and had fun with it.  It's really not as hard or scary as it may seem haha.

I was so upset when I found out he was retiring.  I wanted one of his masks so badly.  We emailed quite a lot when he was more active on the GSBB.  When he was available I didn't have the cash.  Then when I had the cash he was backed up so I went with Pro's Choice.  Unfortunately I think that decision damaged the relationship I had made between Ed and myself.  Something I didn't intend to do.  It is what it is though.  

I like the more round shell shapes. And I do think Belfour was more known for the Warwick than a Protechsport. That could just be a shell name.   A Warwick is also part of NHL history, too; just less affordable...

I may just have my wife help me. Who knows? 

I understand where you're coming from with damaged relationships. I've damaged plenty of my own over the years.

I was hoping to interview Ed to restart my internet journalism career. He never got back to me and I did not have time to be more persistent.  My observation is that the whole goalie masque business made him a teeny bit jaded, though I could be completely off here. I hope I am, frankly. But the feeling I got was that he did not want to go back there. I wanted to talk about what he was STILL doing with composites, as he does objects d'art with composites. 

18 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I like the more round shell shapes. And I do think Belfour was more known for the Warwick than a Protechsport. That could just be a shell name.   A Warwick is also part of NHL history, too; just less affordable...

I may just have my wife help me. Who knows? 

I understand where you're coming from with damaged relationships. I've damaged plenty of my own over the years.

I was hoping to interview Ed to restart my internet journalism career. He never got back to me and I did not have time to be more persistent.  My observation is that the whole goalie masque business made him a teeny bit jaded, though I could be completely off here. I hope I am, frankly. But the feeling I got was that he did not want to go back there. I wanted to talk about what he was STILL doing with composites, as he does objects d'art with composites. 

What I meant by the rounded shell comment was that all of Protechsport's masks seem to all be some kind of rounded off shell.  That picture of the Belfour mask looks like that classic angular Harrison shaped shell and I know Ed wore a Warwick for a long time.  The description on Protechsport's website says triangular vents but I can't find a picture of the shell itself.  I could be 100% wrong, I have no idea.  That very well could be Protechsport's Harrison styled shell.  I would love if someone could confirm that.

13 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What I meant by the rounded shell comment was that all of Protechsport's masks seem to all be some kind of rounded off shell.  That picture of the Belfour mask looks like that classic angular Harrison shaped shell and I know Ed wore a Warwick for a long time.  The description on Protechsport's website says triangular vents but I can't find a picture of the shell itself.  I could be 100% wrong, I have no idea.  That very well could be Protechsport's Harrison styled shell.  I would love if someone could confirm that.

Let me see if I can pull up a pic I have of the Protechsport Belfour...

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea???  I had no idea that he did a Harrison shell!!  All of his shells are pretty much the same.  I assumed( I know I know) his Belfour was just his normal shell with triangular vents.

Indeedy! Very attractive shell, no? 

May have order that one, as well!

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea that is my preferred shell shape.  Not a fan of the others.  Reason I was always drawn to Pro's Choice, Warwick, Eddy, Hackva, etc.

I like them all, though I am a rounded shape guy most. I am intrigued by the bulbous Roy shape (which is what Michel sells) and the Brodeur. I really like that Belfour shape, though. A lot more than I thought I did...

2 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I like them all, though I am a rounded shape guy most. I am intrigued by the bulbous Roy shape (which is what Michel sells) and the Brodeur. I really like that Belfour shape, though. A lot more than I thought I did...

Yea I am not a fan of the rest of them.  Some aren't into the Harrison style.  To each his own, eh?  

On 3/24/2017 at 9:19 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Michel sent my pics of the shells, I can no longer access that particular email, but it looked Harrison all the way, which is why I chose that one.  Michel has a 961 clone as well, I have kicked around switching to that instead.