Protechsport Mask Thread

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool how Francis Marotte (centre) is still using a Protechsport even though basically all other pro's have switched to CCM. You can also see in the close-up of his mask that it says Made by: Michel Doganieri instead of Lefebvre as the pro's had, so I guess that's why he isn't in a CCM.

DD6P61DUIAAuDFn (1).jpg

Co_YdgeUsAA0O0g.jpg

Co_YdksVMAEg2DJ.jpg

• Like 3

I think it was probably required seeing as the rest of his gear is CCM and typically NCAA college teams have a sponsored brand they must wear (I recall there being a goalie with a Warwick who also had CCM on his mask). At least in this case it makes sense since Lefebvre designed the Protechsports but now brands his stuff under CCM.

On a side note, I can't stand the CHL rules that you can only wear their sponsored gear brands; you can't even wear logoless pads/mask. Some of you may recall the goalie who wore a non-branded Protechsport but was forced to change to Bauer (before CCM had a pro mask). Funnily enough, if you look through his photos chronologically, it appears he switched back to the Protechsport with an identical paint job to his Bauer and with Bauer branding. It explains the Bauer branded mask on Protechsport.com. Also, the other goalie who wore Passau pads (unbranded) but was forced to switch as well. I understand that the CHL needs endorsements, but when you're literally called the CANADIAN Hockey League and won't allow any 100% Canadian product (Bauer, CCM, Vaughn, Warrior are all multinational) to be used by its players, it just irks me.

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Update: was told my casting was good; will still not know what fits my head until he does the positive casting, which is not done UNTIL he starts the process, which is at the end of this month. 

Michel runs a tight ship and I have thusly been impressed!

I literally have never heard a bad thing about him and only have had positive experiences with him myself. It's a shame he doesn't have access to the new CCM shell style. I just love the look of that mask. 

On 7/5/2017 at 10:59 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I literally have never heard a bad thing about him and only have had positive experiences with him myself. It's a shame he doesn't have access to the new CCM shell style. I just love the look of that mask. 

Me, neither! 

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

He makes a clone of the Bauer 961 so I wonder if he'll clone the CCM masks too? Also, I'm sure if you went full custom he'd be able to clone one.

23 hours ago, TitanG said:

He makes a clone of the Bauer 961 so I wonder if he'll clone the CCM masks too? Also, I'm sure if you went full custom he'd be able to clone one.

I didn't ask before, but I have a sinking feeling he won't do a CCM clone. Probably a conflict of interest of some sort 

@chakal - an insider info? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 11:19 PM, TitanG said:

If I had one criticism, it's not that he is entirely clear with which shells he actually sells. It could be the language barrier. But this is minor. I guess since I have not asked the right questions, I don't quite know what he sells. I also can't name shell shapes, it's embarrassing! Roy's is so distinctive compared to the others!  They kind of all look the same to me, especially with paint on them. Like I say- very minor criticism. So far- I have been very happy with how Michel has dealt with me. 

When he does my positive face cast, I will ask him to show me pix of all of the shells my head fits into. 

I also got the news that my helmet will be started this time next month. 

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

If I had one criticism, it's not that he is entirely clear with which shells he actually sells. It could be the language barrier. But this is minor. I guess since I have not asked the right questions, I don't quite know what he sells. I also can't name shell shapes, it's embarrassing! Roy's is so distinctive compared to the others!  They kind of all look the same to me, especially with paint on them. Like I say- very minor criticism. So far- I have been very happy with how Michel has dealt with me. 

When he does my positive face cast, I will ask him to show me pix of all of the shells my head fits into. 

I also got the news that my helmet will be started this time next month. 

I'm confused. What do you mean what shells he sells? 

Do you mean it's more unclear which shell you are getting?

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I'm confused. What do you mean what shells he sells? 

Do you mean it's more unclear which shell you are getting?

He just gives goalie names; that doesn't mean spit to me. Is it a Warwick, Harrison, CCM or Bauer/Itech? I have no clue!

And to add- I will not know what shell I can fit into UNTIL he does the positive head cast, and that's when he starts. Again- pro level protection starting at a lexan price.; what is there REALLY to complain about? 

But as I say- Michel is so fantastic that this is not much of a criticism. 

Edited by bunnyman666

17 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

He just gives goalie names; that doesn't mean spit to me. Is it a Warwick, Harrison, CCM or Bauer/Itech? I have no clue!

And to add- I will not know what shell I can fit into UNTIL he does the positive head cast, and that's when he starts. Again- pro level protection starting at a lexan price.; what is there REALLY to complain about? 

But as I say- Michel is so fantastic that this is not much of a criticism. 

Here is a description of his mask shapes. This is a bit out of date because he now also has a clone of the Bauer/Itech 961. So as far as I can tell his unique shells are:

- Brodeur (designed by Michel Lefevbre)

- Roy (designed by Michel Lefevbre)

- Belfour (designed by Michel Lefevbre but with triangular vents, in my view not as close to a Harrison as a Warwick or Eddy)

- Theodore et al. (designed by Michel Lefevbre)

- Bauer/Itech 961 (clone of Jerry Wright's design)

Basically if he names anyone other than Roy or Brodeur, it will look like a Theodore/Luongo/Giguere Protechsport mask (i.e. the classic three ear-hole Lefevre design). Every name is just a different size basically, so like a 961 clone and a Luongo are each just one size.

Caveat: I have never ordered from him but this is how I understand it to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

Here is a description of his mask shapes. This is a bit out of date because he now also has a clone of the Bauer/Itech 961. So as far as I can tell his unique shells are:

- Brodeur (designed by Michel Lefevbre)

- Roy (designed by Michel Lefevbre)

- Belfour (designed by Michel Lefevbre but with triangular vents, in my view not as close to a Harrison as a Warwick or Eddy)

- Theodore et al. (designed by Michel Lefevbre)

- Bauer/Itech 961 (clone of Jerry Wright's design)

Basically if he names anyone other than Roy or Brodeur, it will look like a Theodore/Luongo/Giguere Protechsport mask (i.e. the classic three ear-hole Lefevre design). Every name is just a different size basically, so like a 961 clone and a Luongo are each just one size.

Caveat: I have never ordered from him but this is how I understand it to be.

I guess because I am a lifetime member of the Combo Wearing Dork Club, I never really paid attention. I decided either Roy or Brodeur. I liked them the best. I had to see them with no paint schemes to figure out what I wanted. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Hills said:

Nice, mine is mid next month! Can't wait but my summer season will be over :(

I have not heard how hard it is to get replacement cages, but I think I will order at least one when my production gets in the queue.

But just think- for winter, you will have your masque!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎25 at 3:21 PM, bunnyman666 said:

I have not heard how hard it is to get replacement cages, but I think I will order at least one when my production gets in the queue.

But just think- for winter, you will have your masque!

Bunnyman - good idea especially since you are located so far away!