TGN's 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge

MTH

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's Vegas guys. Did you not expect these type of shenanigans?

I have a feeling they're just getting started.

Yes... the pageantry is breathtaking.

I have them getting past the 1st round... and eventually meeting up w/ Winnipeg. As a team they don't have the experience but they sprinkles of it w/ Flower and Neal. Of course my entire bracket could be garbage as I haven't watched much live this year and really only get to tune into NHL Radio on XM when I'm in the car by myself.

12 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Yes... the pageantry is breathtaking.

I have them getting past the 1st round... and eventually meeting up w/ Winnipeg. As a team they don't have the experience but they sprinkles of it w/ Flower and Neal. Of course my entire bracket could be garbage as I haven't watched much live this year and really only get to tune into NHL Radio on XM when I'm in the car by myself.

lol, I have LA winning the entire thing. So I feel ya.

But not as bad as @MTH, Washington winning a cup? You crazy man.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Wrong thread son. This is about making fun of each other's picks.

I'm an admin, so you better listen.

Damn, I had some compelling evidence that might link that picture to illuminati and russian hackers...

Nashville edges Boston in 6.

16 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

Damn, I had some compelling evidence that might link that picture to illuminati and russian hackers...

Nashville edges Boston in 6.

There's only 1 picture anyone is looking at on that thread... if you look closely it also happens to have Greiss in it.

17 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

There's only 1 picture anyone is looking at on that thread... if you look closely it also happens to have Greiss in it.

And that’s my biggest problem with that thread: why is there only one picture - and why does Greiss have to be in it? I mean, the “smoking hotness” motion was seconded (multiple times), and carried... I mean, Jesus Christ, Geiss; how are we still talking about some shitty goalie and his massive chin...?

Back to this thread- I took islanders in... oh, wait...

Google more.

Crapitals aren't my favorite team. My 11 year old loves OV - so I'm tired of explaining to him the Crapitals are just that. SO just win already. Can't imagine them keeping OV and all if they don't win now.

OV on the Rangers next year may be coming to reality.

42 minutes ago, MTH said:

Google more.

Crapitals aren't my favorite team. My 11 year old loves OV - so I'm tired of explaining to him the Crapitals are just that. SO just win already. Can't imagine them keeping OV and all if they don't win now.

OV on the Rangers next year may be coming to reality.

Even with their well documented playoff woes, do you really think a team is going to give up their main money maker?

The guy is still rocking the goals and those jersey sales are still piling in. Don't know the numbers for this season, but last season had him at 7th overall. OV alone is putting asses in the seats.

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Even with their well documented playoff woes, do you really think a team is going to give up their main money maker?

The guy is still rocking the goals and those jersey sales are still piling in. Don't know the numbers for this season, but last season had him at 7th overall. OV alone is putting asses in the seats.

As someone who has to buy those jerseys for his kid - no. Please stay.

But how long until they blow it up and start over? They've been good for a while but not good in the playoffs. OV is what? only 31? (He feels older to me) He has three years left on his contract at $10M a season.

I don't know. Teams get crazy after failure.

Well there goes my bracket.

Biggest kicker too was just how excellent Quick was despite losing. a 0.947 save percentage and a GAA of 1.47 in a 4 game sweep.

Where as MAF rocked a 0.977, 2 SO and a 0.75GAA.

Unreal series, I don't think any other series is going to match how good this one was.

Untitled.png.c70352238c865cd908c66c9158835793.png

10 minutes ago, MTH said:

IDK - that Caps series has been pretty good too. 2 OTs so far. All games have back and forth scoring. While I respect the SV% of both MAF and Quick - 1-0 games get old fast.

3OT's lol. Definitely a second place in my books. The rest of the series aren't having too many close games. Look at the Philly/Pitts series, I was expecting that to be ugly and the most entertaining and it's as much of a snooze fest as the Devils/Lightning.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well there goes my bracket.

Biggest kicker too was just how excellent Quick was despite losing. a 0.947 save percentage and a GAA of 1.47 in a 4 game sweep.

Where as MAF rocked a 0.977, 2 SO and a 0.75GAA.

Unreal series, I don't think any other series is going to match how good this one was.

Untitled.png.c70352238c865cd908c66c9158835793.png

1. I think it's pretty amazing that so many of us picked VGK to win. (figures an Elitist would back a team named the Kings)
  2. The Kings (and @coopaloop1234's stats) aptly describe my A-league team...
    • In spite of my SAV% we somehow find a way to lose win-able games because we can't put a puck in the opposition's net.
    • Case in point, had a USA Hockey Labatt Tourney about a month ago, in 4 games I had 6 GA, yet somehow we don't win the championship. 
      • GM1 4-1 W
      • GM2 8-2 W (pretty sure we actually had like 13 but they cap at 8)
      • GM3 3-0 W
      • GM4 3-2 L

9 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:
  1. I think it's pretty amazing that so many of us picked VGK to win. (figures an Elitist would back a team named the Kings)
  2. The Kings (and @coopaloop1234's stats) aptly describe my A-league team...
    • In spite of my SAV% we somehow find a way to lose win-able games because we can't put a puck in the opposition's net.
    • Case in point, had a USA Hockey Labatt Tourney about a month ago, in 4 games I had 6 GA, yet somehow we don't win the championship. 
      • GM1 4-1 W
      • GM2 8-2 W (pretty sure we actually had like 13 but they cap at 8)
      • GM3 3-0 W
      • GM4 3-2 L

1. yea, you guys hopped on to the feel good story bandwagon. I wanted the bad guys to win and how I would've reveled in it.
2. I mean, you guys popped 17 in 4 games. That's not exactly not being able to score lol. Just ran into some decent competition in the final game.

1. yea, you guys hopped on to the feel good story bandwagon. I wanted the bad guys to win and how I would've reveled in it.
2. I mean, you guys popped 17 in 4 games. That's not exactly not being able to score lol. Just ran into some decent competition in the final game.

Bandwagon or not... both me and my bracket are feeling good. :giggity:

First off... lord knows I don't let in bad goals... so I'm completely entitled to throw stones. (Only one full ice goal let in this year and an occasional blue line floater.) And yes... but 1/2 of that 17 is in 1 game. Comes in waves. We had LOTS of chances in all 4 games... finishes just aren't there. The skill of my guys compared to the teams we played... we should have scored 8 goals in every game. I mean hell, at least 1/2 of the goals scored were by my defensemen. Damn forwards... stuck in one of those "play down to your competition" things i guess.

Good news though... we picked up a new defenceman for the fall. 

17 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Bandwagon or not... both me and my bracket are feeling good. :giggity:

First off... lord knows I don't let in bad goals... so I'm completely entitled to throw stones. (Only one full ice goal let in this year and an occasional blue line floater.And yes... but 1/2 of that 17 is in 1 game. Comes in waves. We had LOTS of chances in all 4 games... finishes just aren't there. The skill of my guys compared to the teams we played... we should have scored 8 goals in every game. I mean hell, at least 1/2 of the goals scored were by my defensemen. Damn forwards... stuck in one of those "play down to your competition" things i guess.

Good news though... we picked up a new defenceman for the fall. 

1. Ouch, as an Elitist, i'm lucky to have never given up a goal from outside the of the blue line.
2. that triggered some PTSD. Oh how I'm familiar with that.

1. Ouch, as an Elitist, i'm lucky to have never given up a goal from outside the of the blue line.

Yeah... and never happened to me before in 30 years of playing goal. Worst part was that we were on the PP. Guy cleared it from his own goal like... rolled on end... jumped around a bit (really bad ice)... I came out to settle it down... it turned left and jumped right over my paddle... GOAL. (I was clearly out of position.) Must have been deflating for the guys. But the way I looked at it that's the worst possible goal i could let in... only up from there. Ended winning 3-2. 

Archived