Brian's Optik C/A

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Curious as to what you mean?

When I tried them on, I could see to top of my shoulder and the top of my arm was only covered by the air knit that attached the arm to the shoulder. It didn't feel like there was much if any padding to cover where my shoulder and arm meet.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, Kapz said:

When I tried them on, I could see to top of my shoulder and the top of my arm was only covered by the air knit that attached the arm to the shoulder. It didn't feel like there was much if any padding to cover where my shoulder and arm meet.

Sounds like you weren't in the right size to me.

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sounds like you weren't in the right size to me.

There was just no padding that hugged around the shoulder if that makes sense? The floater covered my shoulder from the front but there was no wrap around the arm / top of shoulder. Worried it would leave it exposed in VH and post play when you're not perfectly squared up.

Just now, Kapz said:

There was just no padding that hugged around the shoulder if that makes sense? The floater covered my shoulder from the front but there was no wrap around the arm / top of shoulder. Worried it would leave it exposed in VH and post play when you're not perfectly squared up.

Ohhh ok I think I get what you're saying now.

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

This could be a growing pain of the new, streamlined CA.

Thats what it looked like, was just really weird to look to the side and see so much exposed shoulder. Really want to love this chest, ordered the pads / gloves yesterday. Was planning to buy the pants (feel absolutely amazing in store) and the chest. But after trying on the C/A I'm leaning more towards a subzero 3 (with optik arms would be ideal) if thats possible or a Gen 2 Passau.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, Kapz said:

I'm just curious, where were you been able to try the Optik CA on?  Was it a full production model, or possibly a prototype?  I was planning on ordering a stock one as soon as they are released in a week or so, but I may wait for some reviews now.  Thank you for the information.

-steve

3 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I'm just curious, where were you been able to try the Optik CA on?  Was it a full production model, or possibly a prototype?  I was planning on ordering a stock one as soon as they are released in a week or so, but I may wait for some reviews now.  Thank you for the information.

-steve

Pro Hockey Life in Ottawa has them in stock.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Custom Specs:

2X Velcro Mrazek strap 

fighting strap 

nylon smart straps 

6D276056-BA78-4A18-B189-DB4814872F25.jpeg

Why do you have Mrazek straps on the front? First time I've ever seen this usually only noticed them on the shoulder floaters.

Just now, Kapz said:

Why do you have Mrazek straps on the front? First time I've ever seen this usually only noticed them on the shoulder floaters.

I have found that sometimes the suspenders can fall under the floaters during play and I don't like that. This ensures the suspends stay over the floaters. 

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looking forward to your review. GoalieMonkey in Santa Ana doesn't have the Optik C/As in yet and I definitely want to give these a good look.

Don't hold your breath! It will be awhile. Kind of a gap in my hockey schedule and I am actually looking forward to a little break. 

Archived