Jump to content
jeff da goalie

Brian's Optik C/A

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have paid and have 1 on order... Order delivery is TBD 

Did you order it with a fight strap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone try one of these on yet? Feels like shoulders are exposed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kapz said:

Anyone try one of these on yet? Feels like shoulders are exposed.

Curious as to what you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Curious as to what you mean?

When I tried them on, I could see to top of my shoulder and the top of my arm was only covered by the air knit that attached the arm to the shoulder. It didn't feel like there was much if any padding to cover where my shoulder and arm meet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, Kapz said:

When I tried them on, I could see to top of my shoulder and the top of my arm was only covered by the air knit that attached the arm to the shoulder. It didn't feel like there was much if any padding to cover where my shoulder and arm meet.

Sounds like you weren't in the right size to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sounds like you weren't in the right size to me.

There was just no padding that hugged around the shoulder if that makes sense? The floater covered my shoulder from the front but there was no wrap around the arm / top of shoulder. Worried it would leave it exposed in VH and post play when you're not perfectly squared up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kapz said:

There was just no padding that hugged around the shoulder if that makes sense? The floater covered my shoulder from the front but there was no wrap around the arm / top of shoulder. Worried it would leave it exposed in VH and post play when you're not perfectly squared up.

Ohhh ok I think I get what you're saying now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ohhh ok I think I get what you're saying now.

This could be a growing pain of the new, streamlined CA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bunnyman666 said:

This could be a growing pain of the new, streamlined CA.

Thats what it looked like, was just really weird to look to the side and see so much exposed shoulder. Really want to love this chest, ordered the pads / gloves yesterday. Was planning to buy the pants (feel absolutely amazing in store) and the chest. But after trying on the C/A I'm leaning more towards a subzero 3 (with optik arms would be ideal) if thats possible or a Gen 2 Passau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, Kapz said:

When I tried them on, I could see to top of my shoulder and the top of my arm was only covered by the air knit that attached the arm to the shoulder. It didn't feel like there was much if any padding to cover where my shoulder and arm meet.

I'm just curious, where were you been able to try the Optik CA on?  Was it a full production model, or possibly a prototype?  I was planning on ordering a stock one as soon as they are released in a week or so, but I may wait for some reviews now.  Thank you for the information.

-steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I'm just curious, where were you been able to try the Optik CA on?  Was it a full production model, or possibly a prototype?  I was planning on ordering a stock one as soon as they are released in a week or so, but I may wait for some reviews now.  Thank you for the information.

-steve

Pro Hockey Life in Ottawa has them in stock.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Custom Specs:

2X Velcro Mrazek strap 

fighting strap 

nylon smart straps 

6D276056-BA78-4A18-B189-DB4814872F25.jpeg

Why do you have Mrazek straps on the front? First time I've ever seen this usually only noticed them on the shoulder floaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Velcro adjustments for both the arms and the elbow floaters are a good +1 in my books.

Looks like a good unit. Aside from the shoulder floaters it doesn't look too different then current C/A's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kapz said:

Why do you have Mrazek straps on the front? First time I've ever seen this usually only noticed them on the shoulder floaters.

I have found that sometimes the suspenders can fall under the floaters during play and I don't like that. This ensures the suspends stay over the floaters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Custom Specs:

2X Velcro Mrazek strap 

fighting strap 

nylon smart straps 

6EC9F015-8E3B-434D-B8B5-AE5C6E3C4F45.jpeg

Looking forward to your review. GoalieMonkey in Santa Ana doesn't have the Optik C/As in yet and I definitely want to give these a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looking forward to your review. GoalieMonkey in Santa Ana doesn't have the Optik C/As in yet and I definitely want to give these a good look.

Don't hold your breath! It will be awhile. Kind of a gap in my hockey schedule and I am actually looking forward to a little break. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Don't hold your breath! It will be awhile. Kind of a gap in my hockey schedule and I am actually looking forward to a little break. 

Still recovering from the 'ship win eh? ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...