Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a nearly new T5550 on ebay; question is, will I actually get it?

Sounds ominous. I don't see that this seller has a bad repuation; however- the last time I bought something this mint, the seller thought better and refunded my money the next day and I am afraid that it may happen with this item.

My sob story is that I bought a nearly new Brian's thief blocker for $69 and the next day the transaction was cancelled. It was claimed that "my kid tore the strap, so here's your money back". I smell rotten sushi...

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen here. I know- I don't need another glove (with somewhat matching blocker, lol); but I liked the V-lite I had picked up so much (waiting for it to get redone) that this was a steal IF it makes it, lol.

Anyone else have stories like this?

Got them!!!!

The blocker is a modern intermediate; goes to PIAS immediately! Not gonna be able to sell that piece...

The glove is slightly bigger than current NHL spec. Feels pretty good, though slightly tighter than any of my adult stuff. It's not even broken in!!!!

You can tell it's '90s spec as there is a LOT of black on the glove. I do have a black faced block. I like the glove...

3 hours ago, old G said:

I often wondered about the T5550 on it's size and stayed away from getting one, sight unseen, it being the intermediate to the T5500. I may be tempted the next time I see one.

Thanks for the info.

I tell you what- if you have small-ish hands, this is a gem! Get one if your hands are small-ish or you have stubby fingers.

3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I tell you what- if you have small-ish hands, this is a gem! Get one if your hands are small-ish or you have stubby fingers.

That's actually one of the things I asked for on my last custom 5500 order.  Its a senior sized glove but the inners are sewn down a little tighter,  I think the phraseology they used was tight-knit finger stalls or something like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's actually one of the things I asked for on my last custom 5500 order.  Its a senior sized glove but the inners are sewn down a little tighter,  I think the phraseology they used was tight-knit finger stalls or something like that.

Yep - you know a THING or TWO about this stuff...

8 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I feel like you're saying that as some kind of joke that I am not getting... lol

Not at all, as I call myself the "fun sized" goalie. 

Nah- I know that you have ordered a fair few custom items. And it seems that equipment is being made stock for HUGE hands.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

that glove seems like a prime project for Factory Mad. the T in the old stock gloves was brutal.

I ordered a Howard pro return glove off eBay for the sake of a review article

Idk I LOVE the old triple T!  I ordered my most recent 5500 with and old spec triple T.  The 5500 I had prior had a floating T.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Idk I LOVE the old triple T!  I ordered my most recent 5500 with and old spec triple T.  The 5500 I had prior had a floating T.

You might be in the minority on that one. I'm a firm believer that if it was that great an idea... it would have stuck 

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

Yup 

wasn't meant to be mean or anything. Just stating my opinion.

im the only person I know who likes smart toe straps 

Oh I know I wasn't taking it in any way negative.  I had a lot of pop outs with the previous 5500.  A problem I never have with my current one.  

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

that glove seems like a prime project for Factory Mad. the T in the old stock gloves was brutal.

I ordered a Howard pro return glove off eBay for the sake of a review article

Actually- this glove closes very, very well. In fact, Dennis probably built this glove.

New toys for a review, both Jimmy Howard pro return, both will PROBABLY eventually be for sale .

IMG_5298.JPG

IMG_5299.JPG

The fit & finish of the bindingless wrist pad is amazing. I'll compare them to my Brian's and see, but I'm thinking this might be better out of box quality 

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What model glove is that?

Only branding on it is Vision. Internal strapping feels like a 5500 Stauber Goalie Crease spec I tried on. The break feels way more natural on my hand than the traditional 5500 though... i want to like a 5500, but they never feel right