Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

21 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Whoa, keep us posted if there ever any resolution this!

On a side note, my industry uses a lot of "carbon filled" plastic materials that a lot people misunderstand to be carbon fiber. I could see how this gets confusing. 

There wasn't really a resolution. Vaughn said it was carbon and a bunch of people said it was all marketing BS.

5 hours ago, Hills said:

There was a big stink about this on GGSU, with them lighting it on fire as well. I am not sure what the end outcome was but it was an interesting thing to see.

Random side note - this is definitely something that would have gone down on GGSU...

• Like 1

I tied a skate lace under the heart guard and around my back. I got inspired by Jake Allen's belt, but didn't have an extra belt lying around.

It finally got the V6 C&A fit my body snugly. Really enjoyed the unit. Haven't worn my Brian's in awhile, it will be interesting to back and compare them more now

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 0:52 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I tied a skate lace under the heart guard and around my back. I got inspired by Jake Allen's belt, but didn't have an extra belt lying around.

It finally got the V6 C&A fit my body snugly. Really enjoyed the unit. Haven't worn my Brian's in awhile, it will be interesting to back and compare them more now

how do you like wearing it more snug?  Do you tend to feel more shots?  I wear my V6 2200 snug, which I've never done with a chesty before and I tend to feel everything.  I had been beefing up areas, but I caught a glimpse of myself in the glass the other day and realized that I look like a box lacrosse goalie at that point, so I decided to strip everything off and go stock again.

5 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

how do you like wearing it more snug?  Do you tend to feel more shots?  I wear my V6 2200 snug, which I've never done with a chesty before and I tend to feel everything.  I had been beefing up areas, but I caught a glimpse of myself in the glass the other day and realized that I look like a box lacrosse goalie at that point, so I decided to strip everything off and go stock again.

:giggle:

On 5/11/2017 at 8:56 AM, jayluv54 said:

Only wore it that one time, was doing some 1 on 1 drills and took some good shots to the shoulders and didn't feel anything 

picking up off what you're saying... is definitely say this C&A more lends it self to being worn loose, that's for sure 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

Why didn't you like it? 

Bought it just to test the break.

I don't mind the break, but I don't like the internal materials or the 2 piece cuff. I wouldn't go back to a glove with either of those features for my gamer. The leather gets too ratty and smelly overtime 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 2:39 PM, GoalieGuy101 said:

Why didn't you like it? 

The practice palm didn't help. I've worn the Velocity series for probably 6 years now - I had the V3 7500, V4 7600 and am now in a custom V6 2000 - while the V6's break and style changed in comparison to the older velocity lines, I still am favorable to the closure as it's remained relatively the same. Moreover, I didn't like how my hand was positioned in the glove and I felt that I needed to change how I held my glove in order to get comfortable with the break.

Now, I use an 8800 Epic for roller and I love it, and use my V6 2000 for ice and love it, too. Explain how that works. Lol.

Edited by djtendy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if asking the right place, but lets see... Is this supposed to be like this?

IMG_20170709_135406.thumb.jpg.964aad7418a891806f6c50e9053e2028.jpg

On one side of the V7 XF Carbon pants the one side only seems to be glued and not sewn in, as opposed to the other side which is both glued and sewn in looking like this:

IMG_20170709_135416.thumb.jpg.c70813969ce1cf8afe5171f72133c5b5.jpg

Or is it a big mistake that has gone past quality control, and it sucks for me because i bought them from Canada, and it will cost a smaller fortune to have it shipped back to be fixed, IF the shop(source for sports,  Vancouver) even wants to take it back since it's been so long since i bought them - just havn't had the time to properly look them through because we are in the middle of moving.. Anybody else got these shorts to see if they look the same? 

I'd say someone dropped the ball on the stitching and in QC as well. If it were me, I'd e-mail SFS with the pics and see what they will do - probably direct you back to Vaughn which may be closer to your home anyway.

The crux of it is this is not a complaint because something wore out or broke (to which they would probably claim "regular wear and tear"). This is direct proof of incomplete fabrication, or poor quality workmanship - call it what you want. As far as I am concerned, either SFS or Vaughn should pay the shipping for the return if they want them back and the shipping back to you after stitching this,or sending you a replacement pair.

Edited by Ghostender

1 hour ago, Ghostender said:

I'd say someone dropped the ball on the stitching and in QC as well. If it were me, I'd e-mail SFS with the pics and see what they will do - probably direct you back to Vaughn which may be closer to your home anyway.

The crux of it is this is not a complaint because something wore out or broke (to which they would probably claim "regular wear and tear"). This is direct proof of incomplete fabrication, or poor quality workmanship - call it what you want. As far as I am concerned, either SFS or Vaughn should pay the shipping for the return if they want them back and the shipping back to you after stitching this,or sending you a replacement pair.

@MadsM - I agree with the comments above, that's definitely not correct. I'd look at getting that replaced or repaired by the Vaughn 

Thanks for the replies.

Just got an e-mail from Mike from SFS who was as nice as he always is and said it as it is.

He contacted Vaughn regarding this issue hoping to figure something out, I'm going to be offered a monetarily discount because as Mike said, if I was a local customer i could just have passed by and picked up a pair of new pants, but as I'm across the pond, it would make more sense to get the discount, so I was advised to use some superglue on the inside of the jenpro to keep it in place. Also I'm considering to consult my old mother as she is always working with so maybe she could sew in those stitches? Unless it's near impossible to sew through Jenpro + whatever that insert is, with a regular sewing machine, what's your thoughts? 

On 7/11/2017 at 6:51 AM, MadsM said:

Thanks for the replies.

Just got an e-mail from Mike from SFS who was as nice as he always is and said it as it is.

He contacted Vaughn regarding this issue hoping to figure something out, I'm going to be offered a monetarily discount because as Mike said, if I was a local customer i could just have passed by and picked up a pair of new pants, but as I'm across the pond, it would make more sense to get the discount, so I was advised to use some superglue on the inside of the jenpro to keep it in place. Also I'm considering to consult my old mother as she is always working with so maybe she could sew in those stitches? Unless it's near impossible to sew through Jenpro + whatever that insert is, with a regular sewing machine, what's your thoughts? 

A cobbler could probably add the missing stitching  

I don't know how a steel needle from a sewing machine would fare. I recall one of the fibers (can't recall if it is CF) is very difficult to cut with (regular scissors) and dulls them pretty quickly.

According to wiki, sewing machine needles are made of " hardened chrome-plated steel, though certain specialty needles are coated with titanium rather than chrome." The other concern may be splitting the CF with the needle (perhaps specialized needle shapes are used?)

Don't know if anyone out there has experience putting a needle through CF.

22 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

I don't know how a steel needle from a sewing machine would fare. I recall one of the fibers (can't recall if it is CF) is very difficult to cut with (regular scissors) and dulls them pretty quickly.

According to wiki, sewing machine needles are made of " hardened chrome-plated steel, though certain specialty needles are coated with titanium rather than chrome." The other concern may be splitting the CF with the needle (perhaps specialized needle shapes are used?)

Don't know if anyone out there has experience putting a needle through CF.

There would actually be holes to sew through, just like on HDPE for certain parts like player shin guards. A needle could not penetrate laminated CF. 

• 1 month later...

Here's a box showing that Howard is in a Velo blocker with SLR graphics. He's the first one that I can think of with this setup. If you look at social media, there's a ton of guys with SLR pads and V7 or Pro V gloves. Typically Vaughn will not change graphics on new gear and that's what I assumed this be and why Howard was in all red last year. Mrazek is a prime example of a guy with mismatch gear

• 2 weeks later...