Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

What is the break angle of that 9500 Vision glove ? 

I have this catcher and it's definitely not a 90 degree break but don't feel like 60 degree .. 

something like a 600  ( 75 degree )  I think .. 

just to know exactly because I'm looking for a new one 

thanks ! 

32 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

VE8?  Ugh

If there's one thing Vaughn isn't great at, it's their brand numbers/names.

They seem to switch them up too often. 7600, 7800, 2000, XR, etc.

For a company that's very stuck with familiarity, they don't like to keep things simple when they switch naming methods every few years.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If there's one thing Vaughn isn't great at, it's their brand numbers/names.

They seem to switch them up too often. 7600, 7800, 2000, XR, etc.

For a company that's very stuck with familiarity, they don't like to keep things simple when they switch naming methods every few years.

Ain't that the truth.

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ain't that the truth.

I find Vaughn the most confusing company for keeping track of their models. the naming is too similar and so are the designs. 

I am assuming VE8 is velocity elite 8. 

The real irony is that CCM 600 is a T5500 clone with updates. The VE8 appears to be a 600 clone... 

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea idk wtf they're doing over there anymore.  Not sure what the point of the "elite" moniker is.  I can see the point of the XR and XF but they just make everything so difficult.

It is extremely confusing.

Especially with their V7 line when they moved over to a "Pro" and "Pro Carbon" line. Have gotten into a few arguments with people over how "pro" their pad is by that metric. 

V3 - 7500 (pro), 7400(sr)
V4 - 7600 (pro), 7450 (sr) / 7900, 7480(sr)
v5 - 7800 (pro), 7460 (sr) 
v6 - 2000 (pro), 1000 (sr) / 2200 (pro), 1100 (sr) / 2300 (pro), XLW (sr)
v7 - XF Pro Carbon, XF Pro / XR Pro Carbon, XR / Pro V Elite (pro) 

Oh. While typing that I'm now reminded of XLW which has been around. A random sr line that is always a random exclusive. Vaughn's naming scheme is pretty maddening. 

Personally i've given up on tracking their gloves since most of them seem to be some variation or update based off of a T5500 IME. 

1 hour ago, Kayen said:

Especially with their V7 line when they moved over to a "Pro" and "Pro Carbon" line. Have gotten into a few arguments with people over how "pro" their pad is by that metric. 

Oh. While typing that I'm now reminded of XLW which has been around. A random sr line that is always a random exclusive. Vaughn's naming scheme is pretty maddening. 

Personally i've given up on tracking their gloves since most of them seem to be some variation or update based off of a T5500 IME. 

Your last comment on the gloves is dead on as well. 

Yea, I agree, Vaughn's model numbers have got too confusing. Kayen's list looks pretty good, except the V5 was 7990 and the V4 "LE" (Late Edition?) is 7900. AFAIK, they are the same pad, just different graphic and maybe one other small change. But basically the same pad.

http://www.hockeyworld.com/VAUGHN-7990-Velocity-5-Pro-Leg-Pads-Sr

http://www.hockeyworld.com/Vaughn-7900-Velocity-LE-Leg-Pads-Sr

http://www.hockeyworld.com/VAUGHN-7990-Velocity-5-Pro-Leg-Pads-Sr

9 hours ago, Kayen said:

Yea that sounds about right.

24 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Graphic is too space-agey for my likes.

Is this Vaughn's yearly revamp on their naming system? :P

At first blush, this seems like a PVE + SLR love child. 

I agree the graphic is not love at first sight. The SLR is beautiful, but maybe this one will grow on me? 

On 9/21/2017 at 5:28 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I find Vaughn the most confusing company for keeping track of their models. the naming is too similar and so are the designs. 

I am assuming VE8 is velocity elite 8. 

The real irony is that CCM 600 is a T5500 clone with updates. The VE8 appears to be a 600 clone... 

Word on the street is that this a 590 clone. Other than the BOA system from Brian's or the use of Curve by Bauer, the glove market seems to be very me too these days. 

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Velocity E (elite?)8

thoughts?!?

I actually don't mind the graphic except for the two random vertical lines on the shins.  Not a fan of the naming system.  Just call it a damn V8 and be done with it.  Shit, it just hit me as I typed this.  I wonder if they didn't wanna use the V8 moniker due to naming rights with the vegetable juice?