Stick Weight & Balance Thread

TheGoalNet

• 1 month later...

CR1

with tape and grip. The Butt Endz and tape weigh about 40G, so this is

746G     (updated with correct weight prior to adding tape and Butt Endz as per youtube video)

This is the heaviest Pro composite on the market. It’s nearly 100G heavier than 2S Pro. Obviously doesn’t mean it’s a bad stick and weight alone doesn’t matter, but sorta interesting non the less .

image.png.2cc7a4f35a76c71fb433148815fe1a2f.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 11:19 PM, TheGoalNet said:

One other note if you’re too lazy to scroll back... this is 10g heavier than my 2SPro

thats pretty crazy 

just imagine if they used a cutout spine for this stick! Probably around 620 grams. Have you used this stick yet? Trav4 was saying it has better rebound control than the 2s pro and his true stick, but not as good puck handling/passing/shooting. Then again, Me playing the puck is an accident waiting to happen.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

2X Pro 

690G

580A589B-7F6D-4159-804D-1297FBC0C948.jpeg

How much does the bag weigh? :P

Did you get the rounded shoulders? Trying to figure out if I'd like that and if I'd have to order a size larger if I did. Haven't had a chance to see if the retail stores have any with that option but not expecting much

8 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

How much does the bag weigh? :P

Did you get the rounded shoulders? Trying to figure out if I'd like that and if I'd have to order a size larger if I did. Haven't had a chance to see if the retail stores have any with that option but not expecting much

Had the rounded shoulders on my 2S Pro and was not a fan. In fairness, it might be a good option, just wasn’t instant for me and I didn’t want to put in the time to change 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

What’s the balance like on the P2 stick? Looking into a Saros pro stock stick

No idea about his Pro Stick sticks, but for games he uses a 24" paddle last time I heard (I saw a post and someone had one of his game sticks), which I find interesting. Probably the shortest in the NHL if I were to guess. I'd be on the lookout for one as well. I've always wanted to try a 24" CCM. 

I'm a small dude like Saros, so I think I could make it work. 

Anyways, best of luck with your CCM Premier 2! Looks like a great choice. 

Edited by creasecollector

16 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

No idea about his Pro Stick sticks, but for games he uses a 24" paddle last time I heard (I saw a post and someone had one of his game sticks), which I find interesting. Probably the shortest in the NHL if I were to guess. I'd be on the lookout for one as well. I've always wanted to try a 24" CCM. 

24in with steep shoulders yup never tried steep shoulders and I’ve been wanting to. Plus I’m exactly Saros height and I model my game after his so it should work brilliantly for me.

DA155135-64B8-44B9-A4BC-E0EAE5A38FFD.thumb.jpeg.28dc21038069eec68e71902c8c6fe9ab.jpeg
EC18C431-0A14-487B-A824-90495BBD2F10.jpeg.7942085acf4d80144125e331d199b463.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just picked up the new HyperLite stick. 24” intermediate. Just under 591 grams. They aren’t lying about the name. 

E07BAD8D-D925-4CAB-B30F-76230CDEA040.jpeg

Also for reference, throwing in my last 3 sticks.
CCM Premier P2.9 (2018)

Bauer 3s Pro (2020)

Hyperlite (2021)

-140 grams in just 2 1/2 years time. I wonder how much more they can go? Will we see a <500g goalie stick? 

04781EE1-AD9C-4BBC-9194-4A1EDA9BA4B2.jpeg

Edited by ChickNPawks