Knee Pad Mod to Keep Em Up

Punisher Goalie

Just wanted to share a very simple mod that anyone can do with a Speedy Stitcher and 10 minutes to help keep your knee pads up. 

I just sewed on Velcro tabs to the top. This is the “OneWrap” product (2”) which is loop on one side and hook on the other. I have the loop facing in so I can use the tabs to attach the knee pads to my Velcro sock holder on my compression pants, then use the hook side to still be able to attach socks. 

Obviously, this will only help you if you use jock shorts or Oneric pants or similar with Velcro tabs but just thought it was a good solution. 

53AC8327-E15D-4685-8CFB-F062DDFD8ED9.thumb.jpeg.4a9e1254d69ea83584e3b2de92eeaebd.jpegE77F3B38-50F6-44AA-8E9F-158E1BC8D358.thumb.jpeg.d84e26f01ce93a76c504832b2df4a439.jpeg

Also, I left the tabs somewhat long until I figure out exactly how much I need, then I’ll trim. 

On 4/24/2018 at 4:31 PM, BadAngle41 said:

A guy who i see at the other end occasionally did something similar to get his Warrior knee guards to stay. Doubt he used the Speedy Stitcher though... that's a veteran mod move there. Nice work!

Thanks! Just wanted to report back now that I've skated with these - VERY happy with the performance. Both the knee pads and socks held well. Honestly, after I got on the ice I forgot all about it!

i was a bare knee guy for yrs till i got a set of brians pads, that come with the knee pads, they have a velcro tab that connects the pad to the knee pad, 

with me moving to warrior ive now started to wear socks and a garter jock. 

i saw a vid of a guy doing this and it works great:

knee pad on, and tape round the thigh elastic

sock on and connect to the carter

more tape round the thigh section

for someone who never had luck with knee pads this really seems to work

hth

Yeah I've got something very similar on my Warrior Knee guards. 

Only issue with a mod like this though is that it depends on the location of the velcro tabs on your pants. On my pants the tabs sit too low on the leg, so the knee pad is almost entirely covering it. Not much room for the velcro to take hold. 

I added a 2nd patch of velcro on the back of the thigh strap to connect to the velcro pant tab on the back of the leg. Now with the front and back anchored, it stays on perfectly. 

5 hours ago, Puckducker said:

Yeah I've got something very similar on my Warrior Knee guards. 

Only issue with a mod like this though is that it depends on the location of the velcro tabs on your pants. On my pants the tabs sit too low on the leg, so the knee pad is almost entirely covering it. Not much room for the velcro to take hold. 

I added a 2nd patch of velcro on the back of the thigh strap to connect to the velcro pant tab on the back of the leg. Now with the front and back anchored, it stays on perfectly. 

Good solution. Yeah, I got lucky in that the location of my velcro tabs on my Oneric pants is well-placed for this to work.

Archived