Clarification and an update or two

bunnyman666

8 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

They nicked my bladder so I have a catheter. I am in horrific pain at the moment, but I am living to tell the tale. They only practise medicine as they don’t have it perfect!

I feel like MacInnis shot a clapper to my abdomen without a chesty! ☹️

Thanks for all the thoughts. It means a lot to me. 

@MTH thank you.

Oh, man... I'm sure you are not lightly invoking the specter of the MacInnis slap shot. As a young Habs fan/Roy fan in '89, I saw what he did to my team and my goalie. Some of those stories... wow.

Powerful imagery; hope you're feeling a bit better than that now!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh, man... I'm sure you are not lightly invoking the specter of the MacInnis slap shot. As a young Habs fan/Roy fan in '89, I saw what he did to my team and my goalie. Some of those stories... wow.

Powerful imagery; hope you're feeling a bit better than that now!

I see Al on occasion as he coaches a few youth programmes around here! Neat bloke he is!

9 minutes ago, MTH said:

The 'practice medicine' line cracked me up.

Wonder if the old timer guys like him have a cache of twigs bearing their name - down in the basement.

Most likely. But I have seen him with an Easton on occasion. 

I remember buying pro return Gilmour sticks. I wish I still had some of those...

Always cool to find some odd ball pro return wood sticks in the back corners of a pro shop. With modern stick technology, all the pro options then look so childish.

Wow - a shaved grip.. carbon reinforced...stiff flex

2 minutes ago, MTH said:

Always cool to find some odd ball pro return wood sticks in the back corners of a pro shop. With modern stick technology, all the pro options then look so childish.

Wow - a shaved grip.. carbon reinforced...stiff flex

Gilmour Titans were great sticks. Sutter’s Vics were heavy. I used to frequent the Blues’ official sporting goods store, back when they would be associated with a sporting goods store. Never did get to Gunzo’s in Chicago, but I hear the store is still quite fun to go into.

Gunzo's and what was the place that the Rangers used? I used to call them to get a catalog sent to me (before internets). I'd use my fake manly voice and call. They had ads in the old newspaper version of the The Hockey News.

12 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

They nicked my bladder so I have a catheter. I am in horrific pain at the moment, but I am living to tell the tale. They only practise medicine as they don’t have it perfect!

I blame you for getting your bladder in the way.

Just Sayin'

50 minutes ago, MTH said:

Gunzo's and what was the place that the Rangers used? I used to call them to get a catalog sent to me (before internets). I'd use my fake manly voice and call. They had ads in the old newspaper version of the The Hockey News.

LOL I would put on my fake manly American accent voice to the different shoppes! Funny to know I was not the only one who did that! 

You're right.

Sorry you're going through this. Up side is that it sounds like you're only going to get better from here. Hopefully you don't go nuts laying in a hospital. Daytime TV and the alarms going off all day is torture. My last stay there was for 5 days. Think they just wanted to bill my insurance out. I was good to go the same day. 4 days later I was out in the hallway running wind sprints while the doctors were looking for me in the room.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

You're right.

Sorry you're going through this. Up side is that it sounds like you're only going to get better from here. Hopefully you don't go nuts laying in a hospital. Daytime TV and the alarms going off all day is torture. My last stay there was for 5 days. Think they just wanted to bill my insurance out. I was good to go the same day. 4 days later I was out in the hallway running wind sprints while the doctors were looking for me in the room.

So far, it’s been okay. My phone blows up, and I have had a lot of visitors. I truly feel blessed.

2 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

@bunnyman666 sorry my reply here is long overdue - sounds like things are tough at the moment but I hope you are able to recover soon. Glad you are posting here again in the meantime!

Thank you. 

I realised my reaction was ultimately on me. I don’t usually let things get to me, but I did, mainly because of my illness. I do miss the good people like yourself. We really have great people here and it was silly to deprive myself from the rest of you over one stupid incident. 

Archived