2S Custom Program

TheGoalNet

Had multiple sources confirm that November is the date for custom printed graphics at retail. 

I think this could help Bauer explode, depending on pricing. 

@Mroy31 - You got 1X strapping on 2S? I’ve also noticed that KVG has a 1X glove dressed at 2S.

@TGC-Rance or @thebigm Do you know what other options were available for custom specs? Bindingless 1X blocker? 

I'm getting 1X knee blocks and boot break, the strapping wasn't an option.  I do have my custom graphic lined up if I decide I like the 2S as much as I expect and have the extra cash though... 

(Not related to custom but I've started wearing my CRS strap from the neoprene y connection down to the bottom calf velcro which is kind of like a backwards tune fit) 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:31 PM, Mroy31 said:

I'm getting 1X knee blocks and boot break, the strapping wasn't an option.  I do have my custom graphic lined up if I decide I like the 2S as much as I expect and have the extra cash though... 

(Not related to custom but I've started wearing my CRS strap from the neoprene y connection down to the bottom calf velcro which is kind of like a backwards tune fit) 

How does that feel compared to the strap mod we were both using?

Sad you can’t the 1X / 2S combo stuff yet. 

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think if I liked my modded strap as tight as you had yours, I probably wouldn't have changed.  My problem was that strap would slide up and down my calf during a game a little too much.  So one pad would be sitting high on the skate and the other one would be lower to the ice.  If I added the bottom calf strap back to the pad, then the leg channel would be too tight and I'd get the inner side caught on top of my skate after a big stretch save.

This feels like I get the whole pad more snug (but not tight) to my leg from calf to ankle, but that bottom inside part of the leg channel isn't pulled tight.  Getting a bit more of a consistent fit and feel.

Maybe if I tried REAL hard to get Rance to ask the rep I might have been able to get the 1X strapping, but I was confident enough I could make CRS work (and haven't used TuneFit on-ice) not to bother.  It definitely wasn't on the default spec sheet though.  The colour customizer will also remind people of the Vapor customizer.  Other than the top binding and logos, it's all set colour combos.  Which makes sense, since opening up any custom colour combo even on a stock graphic will have most of the same difficulties of a full custom graphic program with their printing tech.

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2018 at 9:44 AM, Mroy31 said:

I think if I liked my modded strap as tight as you had yours, I probably wouldn't have changed.  My problem was that strap would slide up and down my calf during a game a little too much.  So one pad would be sitting high on the skate and the other one would be lower to the ice.  If I added the bottom calf strap back to the pad, then the leg channel would be too tight and I'd get the inner side caught on top of my skate after a big stretch save.

This feels like I get the whole pad more snug (but not tight) to my leg from calf to ankle, but that bottom inside part of the leg channel isn't pulled tight.  Getting a bit more of a consistent fit and feel.

Maybe if I tried REAL hard to get Rance to ask the rep I might have been able to get the 1X strapping, but I was confident enough I could make CRS work (and haven't used TuneFit on-ice) not to bother.  It definitely wasn't on the default spec sheet though.  The colour customizer will also remind people of the Vapor customizer.  Other than the top binding and logos, it's all set colour combos.  Which makes sense, since opening up any custom colour combo even on a stock graphic will have most of the same difficulties of a full custom graphic program with their printing tech.

I tried this strapping and I felt it was hindering rotation, a bit what I felt while testing the vapors. I feel the CRS is meant to be loose, hence the stiffer than average calf wrap. Then again, it,s all prefrences, as every other gear piece/spec.

I suggested it to many customers though and a lot of said customers liked it, so thanks :P  

57 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

I tried this strapping and I felt it was hindering rotation, a bit what I felt while testing the vapors. I feel the CRS is meant to be loose, hence the stiffer than average calf wrap. Then again, it,s all prefrences, as every other gear piece/spec.

I suggested it to many customers though and a lot of said customers liked it, so thanks :P  

I did manage to do it a little too tight in one session and had some rotation issues with one pad.  I agree with your point about the CRS tightness.  You can manage to get them super tight with the right straps, but I do find most configurations work best when there's still a little wiggle room outside of just the elasticity of the straps.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:06 PM, TheGoalNet said:

technically you can get a 1x with a supreme flex profile and boot break, but you don't have cortech st

On 6/21/2018 at 2:36 PM, maxtm30 said:

technically you can get a 1x with a supreme flex profile and boot break, but you don't have cortech st

Strapping is the big one for me. I'd like a 2S double break, soft boot, with 1X strapping 

On 6/27/2018 at 8:28 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Bauer custom program with launch first... 

Maybe, but I work at retail, I knew about the program for a year now, and I don't know anything about more specs being in the program's options.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 10:42 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Had multiple sources confirm that November is the date for custom printed graphics at retail. 

I think this could help Bauer explode, depending on pricing. 

@Mroy31 - You got 1X strapping on 2S? I’ve also noticed that KVG has a 1X glove dressed at 2S.

@TGC-Rance or @thebigm Do you know what other options were available for custom specs? Bindingless 1X blocker? 

trav4 said in a video that he heard from a rep from goaliemonkey that the custom graphics will be out in October, and there will also be a Dubnyk Graphic Template available for order.  they basically will do it like they do with custom now

image.png.ffbfaa686e9c567ea2799679d633b3f7.png

• 2 months later...

So I'm getting the itch to at least try something else from what I have now in the original Retroflexes (going on 3 years now.) Figured I'd try something completely different... Bauer line. But the more I am researching and playing around... I think I'm parked in almost the same spot as @TheGoalNet...

On 6/27/2018 at 4:16 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Strapping is the big one for me. I'd like a 2S double break, soft boot, with 1X strapping 

I may be inclined to do a single break instead... but really... sounds like I'd be better off waiting on 2X...

On 6/27/2018 at 5:53 PM, maxtm30 said:

So wait for a 2x PRO then, the core will be similar as far as I know, and strapping too

What I think gets me the most is that while the custom options for graphics on the 2S Pro have a wide variety of colors to mix and match... I'm still sort of parked in the camp of solid color pads. Thought about maybe just picking up a used set of 1S to try out and see if it's even my cup of tea in the first place. Perhaps the change I could make instead is from Retroflex to P2... doesn't look like Retro-Tan is an option on them... but I could make something work... and still get my 580 break. 

Anyone have any thoughts around if its worthwhile to pick up a used set of 1S? It's hard to find any of the Bauer pro lines in size Small (I could maybe do a 34"... but 33" would likely fit better. Saw this listing on SidelineSwap... I'd like to see more pics (and a lower price) but if I don't like I'm pretty sure my ability to sell them again would be limited given the size, known durability issues, and 2S sets starting to hit the used market.

Bauer 1S Odin Full Set Senior - Small

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@BadAngle41 - Used OD1N is the best deal in hockey. Because of the durability concerns with the early run stuff, there's no resale value!

I briefly tried a set of 1X and to be honest didn't like the strapping... nor did I have them long enough to figure it out. 2S will be on their way to me shortly to demo... and as complicated as that strapping is... it is closer to what I'm using now anyway so we'll see. If I end up liking the strapping I'd consider picking up a used set of 1S to have as 2nd. Very different pad from what I'm using now but that's a not a bad thing. Although I think if I were to be pressed to buy a new custom set (a tough corner to be put in for sure) right now I'd likely wait until the spring to see if the EF4 line will have a Retroflex version. I'm trying the new stuff though... putting myself out there. If I like 2S I'd consider a custom set as well... but that white base at retails still... ?

Archived