Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Pucker

Beer

Recommended Posts

I don't drink beer very often. Usually just after a game and in that case I want something as close to water as possible, so I actually prefer something like Coors Light. Actually, my drink of choice post-game is Angry Orchard but that's not beer. I just find it refreshing.

When I'm actually having beer outside of a hockey setting it's usually going to be from one of the many San Diego based breweries. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

I'm a pretty big beer geek. I've been trying desperately to get my hands on some Filthy Flow IPA from Mikkeller, but no luck. Talk about some kick ass label art! 

beafarwferfwetvtev.jpg

Mikkeller-NYC-Filthy-Flow-IPA.jpg

Holy shit! This one has a 4.27 average rating on Untappd! Must be a damned good one (though the 42 IBUs is surprisingly low).

cheers,

fellow beer geek

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got good news and bad news today.

Good news: hockey won’t be interfering with my beering for the next several weeks.

Bad news: felt a pop in a goalmouth scramble last night. Finished the game (in some discomfort, and at the cost of some VERY soft goals, and a proportionate amount of pride). Saw a Physiotherapist today, and I am the lucky winner of a grade 1 MCL sprain/minor tear.  Out for at least 4 weeks.

:shakehead:

Had a couple of Collective Arts’ Ransack the Universe IPAs tonight to dull the pain (of not being able to play).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was warned by the physio, but yeah; on the second day, this M-C-Effin’-L sprain hurts worse. But look - it’s beer o’clock!

Juicy Ass by Flying Monkeys (insert joke here). The poor waitresses who work at bars with this on tap... can’t even imagine the lines about this beer they’ve had to hear from emboldened and inebriated patrons...

6F1F72E5-2529-41EB-AA56-F389DBCB67E4.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, love a lot of beer. I don't know if anyone is from Michigan, but my favorite brand is probably Oddside Ales. If I had to pick just ONE. They have a lot of unique stuff, and lots of Always Sunny themed brews. ?

OddSide-Troll-Troll-759x500.jpgimage_thumb%25255B2%25255D.png?imgmax=80

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Traktor31 said:

I don't know if anyone is from Michigan, but my favorite brand is probably Oddside Ales.

Michigan represent ?️?? I've only tried a few from Oddside, but pretty legit from what I remember. Old Nation is my fave MI brewery right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Michigan represent ?️?? I've only tried a few from Oddside, but pretty legit from what I remember. Old Nation is my fave MI brewery right now.

I live in Lansing, 15 minutes away from Williamston. I'm glad to have Old Nation right next door!

Apparently they made a limited release strawberry version of M-45? It sold out immediately, I want to try it badly though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drink Corona only. For many reasons - but the fact that the IPA beer people get enraged at it makes that much better.

Get a real hobby. ha ha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MTH said:

I drink Corona only. For many reasons - but the fact that the IPA beer people get enraged at it makes that much better.

Get a real hobby. ha ha

Is the craft brewery scene as obnoxious as it is here in the North West?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MTH said:

I drink Corona only. For many reasons - but the fact that the IPA beer people get enraged at it makes that much better.

Get a real hobby. ha ha

I guess I would consider myself "into beer" but I would say I am not at all snobby about it, I just like trying and experiencing different styles and flavors.

One thing though, I actually am not a fan of IPA's for the most part, most of them are just too hoppy for me. There are a few exceptions, but I am not a fan of em either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Is the craft brewery scene as obnoxious as it is here in the North West?

We have one of the biggest craft brewery scenes in the country here, though it doesn't get obnoxious at all from what I've seen and experienced. Everyone seems to just like to have a good time regardless of local brewery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Is the craft brewery scene as obnoxious as it is here in the North West?

Our ridiculous proportion of effing Hipsters is what makes it so obnoxious up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Naz said:

Our ridiculous proportion of effing Hipsters is what makes it so obnoxious up here.

LOL I could see that. Probably the same reason the northwest is so bad, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Naz said:

Our ridiculous proportion of effing Hipsters is what makes it so obnoxious up here.

Hipster is the new emo man. Give it a year or two and it'll be phased out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hipster is the new emo man. Give it a year or two and it'll be phased out.

Sure as hell hope so... it's been going on for over 5 years and I am getting sick of these D-Bags.
In other news:
"Hey you kids, get off my lawn"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Naz said:

Sure as hell hope so... it's been going on for over 5 years and I am getting sick of these D-Bags.
In other news:
"Hey you kids, get off my lawn"!

1688563861_masterMP087.thumb.jpg.22cba9207b5ad543c51b4361cbcbd9ff.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naz - where you at again? I miss the forum that used to have your location under your name.

I'm in Philly. Fishtown to be more specific. These hipster dweebs are too much. Sucks working here because I just can't go around here for lunch. I have to tread through the too cool to be normal eateries. 

We have old records on the wall... Every cook has a scruffy ass beard... every waitress looks like 

a5ea4951929f7fe397daca18b8fc7bde.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MTH said:

Naz - where you at again? I miss the forum that used to have your location under your name.

I'm in Philly. Fishtown to be more specific. These hipster dweebs are too much. Sucks working here because I just can't go around here for lunch. I have to tread through the too cool to be normal eateries. 

We have old records on the wall... Every cook has a scruffy ass beard... every waitress looks like

He's on Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada.

Bloody islanders.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hipsters seldom (if ever) self identify as such (because I guess it's not cool to say that you're trying to be cool by purposely not being cool - in a cool way...? I don't know, it's such a complicated paradox of being... and beardedness.) However, the shitty parts of town are periodically given new names, and they can't help themselves. They flock to those parts in ironic t-shirt wearing droves, paying stupidly high rent from their barista salaries or whatever the fuck they do for money, going around pretentiously saying "I live in Hintonburg"  when everyone knows it's just Mechanicsville - or Hipsterville now. So ultimately, hipsters are mostly restricted to de-facto hipster ghettos in certain parts of town here in Ottawa.

It's not a perfect system, but it works.

Signed,

Perturbed Suburban Dad who shaves regularly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hipsters seldom (if ever) self identify as such (because I guess it's not cool to say that you're trying to be cool by purposely not being cool - in a cool way...? I don't know, it's such a complicated paradox of being... and beardedness.) However, the shitty parts of town are periodically given new names, and they can't help themselves. They flock to those parts in ironic t-shirt wearing droves, paying stupidly high rent from their barista salaries or whatever the fuck they do for money, going around pretentiously saying "I live in Hintonburg"  when everyone knows it's just Mechanicsville - or Hipsterville now. So ultimately, hipsters are mostly restricted to de-facto hipster ghettos in certain parts of town here in Ottawa.

It's not a perfect system, but it works.

Signed,

Perturbed Suburban Dad who shaves regularly

I was in a band and we were doing a recording session with a hipster. He was such a twat! He never admitted when he did things wrong. I wanted to kill that little cunt!!!!

I also hate hipsters!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Znowleopard said:

It seems i walked into a room of 80 year olds, how are you fine fellas doing today?

Close that damned door - you're letting the cold air in! :rofl:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I was in a band and we were doing a recording session with a hipster. He was such a twat! He never admitted when he did things wrong. I wanted to kill that little cunt!!!!

I also hate hipsters!

I'll place the order for our t-shirts. What's the site's membership up to now? About 650...?

image.png.f54b6d4581dc6d2beb00d94c25f9116a.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...