Beer

Lucky Pucker

5 minutes ago, Naz said:

Wow! Last time I was in Victoria visiting my sister and my good brother in law (the other bro in law is a douche), I drove past that brewery. I really like their beer actually - but I prefer mine in a glass...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naz said:

So, based on what you said about the Hipster scene, imagine how the interview would have gone if they had done one: 

(subtitle reads: Chad: local hipster)

”yeah, well I was on my way to buy some beard oil, when I detected a hint of simcoe hops in the air. As a wave of citra hops aromas washed over me, I realized what had happened. But, like, I don’t actually drink Philips... I only drink beer from... well, you’ve probably never heard of it...”

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So, based on what you said about the Hipster scene, imagine how the interview would have gone if they had done one: 

(subtitle reads: Chad: local hipster)

”yeah, well I was on my way to buy some beard oil, when I detected a hint of simcoe hops in the air. As a wave of citra hops aromas washed over me, I realized what had happened. But, like, I don’t actually drink Philips... I only drink beer from... well, you’ve probably never heard of it...”

“... but they get these amazing hops from the most top secret hop fields. I don’t want want to get the name out there because they brew in such small batches. The brew master shops in the same consignment shop I buy my really ugly clothes from”

(from other hipster friend in background): “Quit lying- you drink Budweiser!”

• Haha 3

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

“... but they get these amazing hops from the most top secret hop fields. I don’t want want to get the name out there because they brew in such small batches. The brew master shops in the same consignment shop I buy my really ugly clothes from”

(from other hipster friend in background): “Quit lying- you drink Budweiser!”

FFS - I just busted a guy so loud that my kids called down to say “daddy - what are you laughing at?”

They’re still too young and innocent for me to sit down and have the hipster talk with them though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

FFS - I just busted a guy so loud that my kids called down to say “daddy - what are you laughing at?”

They’re still too young and innocent for me to sit down and have the hipster talk with them though.

Hopefully the hipster will be gone by the time they’re old enough to have that conversation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Hopefully the hipster will be gone by the time they’re old enough to have that conversation.

Yes - but in that cultural douchebag demographic power vacuum that will follow their demise, might not something worse come along...? 

I am so afraid for my kids. Hopefully they grow up and decide to do something sensible - like play goalie.

8 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yes - but in that cultural douchebag demographic power vacuum that will follow their demise, might not something worse come along...? 

I am so afraid for my kids. Hopefully they grow up and decide to do something sensible - like play goalie.

There could be so much worse they could become, such as a cherry-picking wing!

Edited by bunnyman666

Back to beer-

Who has heard of the Pico units? I finally found one that is where I want to spend. Unfortunately, I won’t see it until January; fortunately- that is probably closer to when I can drink beer again! 

I bought the unit that brews everything including beer! It’s on the kickstarter campaign...

Edited by bunnyman666

For me living Winnipeg, all about local:

Trans Canada Lamp lighter red

Torque diesel fitter

Fort Garry Rouge

But love the reds:

Barking Squirrel red 

100th meridian

Rikards red

Keiths amber

In the dressing room I'm fine with a Bud light though

Beers are pretty much a summer backyard fire drink for me. Here's what we're enjoying so far this summer

- Alexander Keith's (the pride of Nova Scotia! Oddly enough, no Amber here in Halifax anymore)

- Innis & Gunn ( I highly reccomend this to anyone if you have it in your area

- Stella Artois

- Rolling Rock

- Goose Island Midway (just discovered this weekend. quite happy with it)

Both of my teams are craft breweries sponsered. Rocket Republic and Campus 805. Both make some really great beers. Since the menu is always changing, can't say there is a specific at each. I just get what they made that month.

In the parking lot though, it's usually whatever is cheapest and cold.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, loki1416 said:

Both of my teams are craft breweries sponsered. Rocket Republic and Campus 805. Both make some really great beers. Since the menu is always changing, can't say there is a specific at each. I just get what they made that month.

In the parking lot though, it's usually whatever is cheapest and cold.

Funny I saw 805 and thought you meant Firestone Walker 805 from San Diego. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are we still doing this? Well I for one am “still doing this.” I’m probably a summer away from being able to play again, but I can at least drink beer like a boss.

Started at beer o’clock sharp, with a new Dominion City beer called Horseshoes and Hand grenades - and it’s close to perfect, but then being “close” only counts in... how does that expression go again...?

image.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Are we still doing this? Well I for one am “still doing this.” I’m probably a summer away from being able to play again, but I can at least drink beer like a boss.

Started at beer o’clock sharp, with a new Dominion City beer called Horseshoes and Hand grenades - and it’s close to perfect, but then being “close” only counts in... how does that expression go again...?

image.jpg

Mr. Mark- Hell yes we are still doing this! AND I can V-toast you, my good man!!! I am cleared to drink a little!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Mr. Mark- Hell yes we are still doing this! AND I can V-toast you, my good man!!! I am cleared to drink a little!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

My brother in goal and in beer!!!

A virtual toast to you, good-sir! I even found a beer for you (perhaps presumptuous of me, but worthy nonetheless:)

E03D405B-C82F-43D9-969E-06505EE056DD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My brother in goal and in beer!!!

A virtual toast to you, good-sir! I even found a beer for you (perhaps presumptuous of me, but worthy nonetheless:)

E03D405B-C82F-43D9-969E-06505EE056DD.jpeg

Love it!!!!

Mine is more pedestrian, yet I love it so:

image.jpg

Cheers, matey!!!!

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1