For #Goalies looking for products to help with post game recovery. Great for calves, quads, low back and glutes. Add this into your morning or recovery routine.

Saw these on Amazon, but I have not used them. It's just an example of what to buy and they seem like a good deal. I am not making money off these and this post is not spam.

Save an additional 20% by using 20M7S47Y promo code to receive . Discount applies at checkout. Valid through Jun 7, 2018,  

Motus Edge Foam Roller for Deep Tissue Massage for $29.95 https://t.co/fQeq6Qclcs via @amazon

Motus Edge Premium Massage Ball - by Motus Edge for $11.75 https://amzn.to/2jXJ2mj via @amazon

Motus Edge Massage Stick, Muscle Roller - by Motus Edge for $19.95 https://amzn.to/2jYw3AJ via @amazon

image.png.e333b9c2764c5b8f04d75ab3e0c8c0de.pngimage.thumb.png.f2671ddc6613d644e5610ed15d7c7bd5.png

image.png.8a7669facd517187f02cef5e18262bae.png

Adam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've been hearing about these things, what's the point of these foam rollers?

Painful goodness. Rolls out the tension in your muscles essentially massaging them out. 

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've been hearing about these things, what's the point of these foam rollers?

Self Mysofascial Release (SMR)

Essentially fascia is connective tissue that runs throughout the body.  The theory is that when muscles are used, worked, over overworked adhesions can build up between the muscle and the fascia.

Massage therapy is a great way to break up these adhesions; using these tools is a way for the person to do it for themselves.

I have a small assortment of torture devices in my home office that I use pretty regularly.  
I mostly use the ball as pictured above in the original post, and I also use a Quadballer, which is this little asshole here:

image.png.76794656a5df938e06846f9442e690e7.png

The middle section is great for rolling out IT bands, groin, quads and hamstrings.  I roll my glutes and calves on the wheels. It hurts like hell but makes a tremendous difference.

@Adam Cooper I have no problem presenting products that could benefit goalies, however I like transparency. Your post feels a bit like pulling the wool over people's eyes. Could you please confirm that are promoting this product for financial gain? Again, no issue with that, it just needs to be clear for the readers. 

To be clear I am not selling these products and I cannot vouch for their specific quality as I don’t own them. Next time I’ll just suggest items I’m familiar with personally. For shoppers in Canada,  I’m sure Canadian Tire, Fitness Depot, Winners, Walmart etc. sell similar items.  You just have to do your own research and price shopping.  

I myself use similar foam roller and Massage Ball but for the life of me can’t remember when my wife got them. They are not the same brand so I can’t provide a sepecific review and they are not the best quality.

Sorry for any confusion or mistrust this may have claused.  Next time if I’m providing prices etc. or a review I’ll specify that I don’t have any affiliation.

Just now, Adam Cooper said:

To be clear I am not selling these products and I cannot vouch for their specific quality as I don’t own them. Next time I’ll just suggest items I’m familiar with personally. For shoppers in Canada,  I’m sure Canadian Tire, Fitness Depot, Winners, Walmart etc. sell similar items.  You just have to do your own research and price shopping.  

I myself use similar foam roller and Massage Ball but for the life of me can’t remember when my wife got them. They are not the same brand so I can’t provide a sepecific review and they are not the best quality.

Sorry for any confusion or mistrust this may have claused.  Next time if I’m providing prices etc. or a review I’ll specify that I don’t have any affiliation.

Cool man, no worries. Post just looked super spammy. Especially with the discount code and even more so because they are affiliate links that earn you money. 

This is the foam roller I bought a few years ago. It's a bit softer so it's less painful to use. One of the things I love doing is laying on it so its vertical up my back from my tailbone to the back of my head and just... relaxing. Open the arms wide and just let them hang. Eventually they kind of "release" and my hands get closer and closer to the floor. Feels amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9B87FG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

819qMAhcxdL._SL1500_.jpg

26 minutes ago, Kayen said:

For a cheap massage ball option that I love to use ($3-4) - lacrosse balls are fantastic. I have regularly have tight knots in the upper shoulder/back and it helps alleviate that greatly. 

I do the same... I also use it to roll out my groin. Not the most comfortable by any means, but I don't know how anyone could play goal w/o regular rolling.

3 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I do the same... I also use it to roll out my groin. Not the most comfortable by any means, but I don't know how anyone could play goal w/o regular rolling.

I need to do a LOT more than I do. I also very very badly need to get on Maria Mountain's butterfly challenge. I think that would help me a ton. 

33 minutes ago, Kayen said:

For a cheap massage ball option that I love to use ($3-4) - lacrosse balls are fantastic. I have regularly have tight knots in the upper shoulder/back and it helps alleviate that greatly. 

Oh man, I tried a lacrosse ball. That hurt like a bitch. I ended up switching to a racquetball. A bit more squishy but still did the job. 

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I need to do a LOT more than I do. I also very very badly need to get on Maria Mountain's butterfly challenge. I think that would help me a ton. 

What's stretching? I need to try what you do with the foam roller. Sounds like could be good. 

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Oh man, I tried a lacrosse ball. That hurt like a bitch. I ended up switching to a racquetball. A bit more squishy but still did the job. 

Ooo. At work I keep getting elastic bands, so have a giant elastic ball formed that keep rolling out my shoulders with. 

15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've never used one.

I use one myself, actually - we had one from when my wife had IT band syndrome a few years ago. I think most of us get pushed into use by extreme soreness and/or actual injury. But that's not to suggest there's no benefit to people who aren't injured and/or unduly sore!

Just anecdotally, I was talking to an army guy a while back who said they had a bunch of super fit, super active guys in PT or whatever, and an instructor came in with rollers for them. they scoffed, made some cracks, but got down to do it. Apparently some of these guys - who did not feel injured or hobbled or anything - were crying at the intensity. But the feeling of well being that followed apparently made believers of them!

Archived