3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

AppleCare comes free with the upgrade program. It's great, its basically a lease the same way you lease a car. Pay $x per month, get a new phone every year with full warranty. My wife dropped her phone and broke the screen. No big deal. Dropped it off at the store and had a brand new screen 30 mins later, free of charge. 

I may check into that. We’ll see if this cheap bastard (ME) would pay the $$$ LOL!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I may check into that. We’ll see if this cheap bastard (ME) would pay the $$$ LOL!!!

I have the iPhone X, largest size (so literally the most expensive phone they have) and its only about $55/mo which is still significantly cheaper than if you bought the phone outright plus added applecare. AND you get your phone before everyone else (or at least, you're pushed to the front of the online orders line)

18 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I have the iPhone X, largest size (so literally the most expensive phone they have) and its only about $55/mo which is still significantly cheaper than if you bought the phone outright plus added applecare. AND you get your phone before everyone else (or at least, you're pushed to the front of the online orders line)

It is certainly something to think about... This ol’ luddite may be capable of being changed.

Back to the topic of fine Swiss watches, my wife ended up with quite the collection thanks to me. She has two or three favourites (like we all do when it comes to multiples), and I must say my taste is impeccable. I will post pix on another post. 

8 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Another fun watch would have nothing but 5’s for all of the numbers, as in it is 5 o’clock somewhere!

Your Roots watch is welcome if you want to show it. I am welcoming Apple watches, after all.

According to my understanding of fashion, it is as much about the accessories (ie watches and the like). And if/when the accessories may be seen to be wanting, it is about how you accessorize the accessories.

Here then, is my Roots watch, with Weber grill and beer accessories! (The watch and the BBQ are frickin tanks! The beer was rather ephemeral...)

2021EE8C-6D3B-42A7-B888-FC85C8FC0138.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

According to my understanding of fashion, it is as much about the accessories (ie watches and the like). And if/when the accessories may be seen to be wanting, it is about how you accessorize the accessories.

Here then, is my Roots watch, with Weber grill and beer accessories! (The watch and the BBQ are frickin tanks! The beer was rather ephemeral...)

2021EE8C-6D3B-42A7-B888-FC85C8FC0138.jpeg

The tank shape your watch has is cool. Extra points for not just throwing it away when the battery died. 

Beer, BBQ and watches- three things I like! 

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Dude - I change my own effin watch batteries! I can get a strip of Maxell watch batteries off of Amazon for less than it costs to get somebody to look at your watch!

Yes- to get mine overhauled costs as much as an iWatch, if not more.

No shame in changing your own batteries. But there are people who throw their watches away when it is a dead battery! I wish I was making that up!!!!  

8 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yes- to get mine overhauled costs as much as an iWatch, if not more.

No shame in changing your own batteries. But there are people who throw their watches away when it is a dead battery! I wish I was making that up!!!!  

Well, that just supports my rule of thumb: people generally suck!

3 minutes ago, MTH said:

I just picked up one of these classics.

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

$11

Ba bam!

Haha straight out of the 80s!

Honestly, I actually really like the look of some of the basic Timex Weekenders. They can go from super basic at Target for like $15 up to this one that I actually really want for $82. 

image.thumb.png.5af72d5454c0df9e980c9148b9903e2d.png

So, I’m not much of a watch guy (see Roots watch with accessories above)  However, I DID have a Holy Grail watch when I was a kid. I saw this in a catalogue and greedily coveted it.

The Brave Wave! Even the name was cool! Did I scuba dive? Hell no - that shit is dangerous (and actually came up in my life insurance medical interview... good thing they didn’t ask about playing goalie!) but man did I think this was cool. Actually, I still do! So I saved up my paper route money, went to Consumers Distributing, and bought it!

I lost mine long ago, but Googling for a reference pic made me wonder if I should buy one again... 

E74C7502-13B4-4821-AFFB-B34B76FE6871.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So, I’m not much of a watch guy (see Roots watch with accessories above)  However, I DID have a Holy Grail watch when I was a kid. I saw this in a catalogue and greedily coveted it.

The Brave Wave! Even the name was cool! Did I scuba dive? Hell no - that shit is dangerous (and actually came up in my life insurance medical interview... good thing they didn’t ask about playing goalie!) but man did I think this was cool. Actually, I still do! So I saved up my paper route money, went to Consumers Distributing, and bought it!

I lost mine long ago, but Googling for a reference pic made me wonder if I should buy one again... 

E74C7502-13B4-4821-AFFB-B34B76FE6871.jpeg

Buy it!!!!

1 hour ago, MTH said:

The 11 dollar watch above is the most popular watch worn by surfers.

Not the "surfer" watches that are sold everywhere.

I never knew what a “surfer” watch was. The Brave Wave is bad ass!

d’oh! Now I know what $11 watch you speak of...

Just don’t let it get into the wrong hands LOL

Archived