• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

I've got 3 watches. A Nixon and a Diesel that rarely get worn, and a Casio G-shock Rangeman that rarely leaves my wrist. Didn't think I'd find a topic like this here lol.

20180522_164222.jpg

Obviously this does what you need!!!

As I say- we’re not playing goal 24/7, I like to discuss other stuff with people I normally discuss goalie stuff with; say a discussion amongst friends.

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The “characters “ trickled down just like in the matrix movies. It was really cool.

EDIT: heh funny there’s a YouTube clip of it:

I could see something like that being worth more than it went for retail in years to come, just like the old LED digital watches. There were a few put out by the traditional mechanical makers and now they go for somewhat big money. I’d buy one of these bad boys if the price were right. 

I have a number of watches... an ESQ, a couple Tags, a Nixon, a Raymond Weil, a Seiko, a Suunto, a Shinola, and even a Swatch... but my daily is a Ball Engineer Master II Telemeter... good weight, accurate, reliable. Sucks when I have to get it serviced, but is what it is... always on the lookout for a moderately priced Panerai... which i why I don't have one... they don't exist. Instead I'll dump money into gear and car parts.

image.png.6222b5b3aee09ddbf1c363fba7118700.pngimage.png.15c62dcdf7bb14f3fcf09ff805370ebb.png  

23 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I have a number of watches... an ESQ, a couple Tags, a Nixon, a Raymond Weil, a Seiko, a Suunto, a Shinola, and even a Swatch... but my daily is a Ball Engineer Master II Telemeter... good weight, accurate, reliable. Sucks when I have to get it serviced, but is what it is... always on the lookout for a moderately priced Panerai... which i why I don't have one... they don't exist. Instead I'll dump money into gear and car parts.

image.png.6222b5b3aee09ddbf1c363fba7118700.pngimage.png.15c62dcdf7bb14f3fcf09ff805370ebb.png  

Very nice piece you have there.

I can feel your pain about lesser-known watches getting serviced: I had a Concorde Impressario Chronograph that used the Zenith El Primero Chrono movement that Rolex would modify for their old Daytona watch. The problem for me getting it serviced was that certain parts were very easy to get; the parts that would break were IMPOSSIBLE to get!!!! Zenith (at the time) did not have much of a presence in North America and thusly never had parts on hand for that movement. I traded that gorgeous watch for another Datejust, as I did not want to be without a watch for easily SIX MONTHS.  

Swatch was the first “affordable” Swiss-made watch. The funniest thing is that Swatch AG has ended up being behind a lot of the luxury brands’ watches. I had a few Swatches. 

6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I could see something like that being worth more than it went for retail in years to come, just like the old LED digital watches. There were a few put out by the traditional mechanical makers and now they go for somewhat big money. I’d buy one of these bad boys if the price were right. 

Yeah if i could find one id buy it. I have no idea what happened to mine. 

9 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

My Submariner 16610.

I've thought about picking up some other watches, but never pulled the trigger because this one ticks all the boxes.

IMG_20180523_105552.thumb.jpg.9592ca475537482c04cf0b38947312f5.jpg

No reason to buy anything else.

Utility? Yes.

Classic Styling? You bet.

Mojo? In spades.

Thanks for sharing your Sub.

• 1 year later...

My grandfather’s mid 70s 1630 datejust. Ive had it for about 5 years now and had it serviced recently. Been wearing it everywhere but the rink. 

it’s weird and not your typical DJ, but I love it.   Sorry about the bad photos, I can take better ones later if needed. 

0FB7E8DC-B409-4D3C-A801-6B28F08992F4.jpeg

618B9139-9F98-41AD-8517-ADF091CDB300.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Taco said:

My grandfather’s mid 70s 1630 datejust. Ive had it for about 5 years now and had it serviced recently. Been wearing it everywhere but the rink. 

it’s weird and not your typical DJ, but I love it.   Sorry about the bad photos, I can take better ones later if needed. 

0FB7E8DC-B409-4D3C-A801-6B28F08992F4.jpeg

618B9139-9F98-41AD-8517-ADF091CDB300.jpeg

Two tone quartz Datejusts are RARE. Unless I am mistaken, as Quartz DJ’s are more squarish. 

Nice watch!

Thanks! Yeah supposedly Rolex didn’t make very many of these when compared to the other styles. 

even more rare is the steel version of this, the 1530. Both were experimental for their time, using a bracelet that integrated into the case, a sapphire crystal, the oyster perpetual, etc. 

58 minutes ago, Taco said:

Thanks! Yeah supposedly Rolex didn’t make very many of these when compared to the other styles. 

even more rare is the steel version of this, the 1530. Both were experimental for their time, using a bracelet that integrated into the case, a sapphire crystal, the oyster perpetual, etc. 

I think ten automatics per one quartz was what one watchmaker told me during the time of production.

My 18k Date jumped in value because now it is the new size of the Ladies’ Datejust and the gents’ is now a 42mm case. 

People forget that Rolex makes a LOT of different watches, just their automatic sports watches are by FAR the most popular.

Archived