Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

22 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I hate playing in blowout games.  I've been on both sides of the beating and both can be just as bad.  We won our game the other night 16-6.  It wasn't fun.  We were up 16-3 with like 5 minutes left and my team totally just stopped playing.  Rightfully so, offensively, but even defensively.  Let up two 2-0 goals and one 3-1 goal in the last 5 minutes to make a respectable game(personally) a mediocre game.

I'd much rather be on the end of the shit kicking than on the side of the team doing the shit kicking.

At the end of the day, I came out to play, not watch others play. Plus an overly challenging game here or there is good for us. Humbles our asses as well as makes up improve.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

I'd much rather be on the end of the shit kicking than on the side of the team doing the shit kicking.

At the end of the day, I came out to play, not watch others play. Plus an overly challenging game here or there is good for us. Humbles our asses as well as makes up improve.

Oh I still had quite the game on my end, we just destroyed them in their end.  Idk how accurate it is but the box score says I made 29 saves off 35 shots.  

26 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I wanna start doing the video thing like Hills and Punisher and Imperitive, and IPv6Freely but I am so afraid of my camera getting smashed.

It's SO unlikely, and GoPros can seriously take an absolute beating.

If you're really worried, just put them on the outside of the glass instead.

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

It's SO unlikely, and GoPros can seriously take an absolute beating.

If you're really worried, just put them on the outside of the glass instead.

I know the people I play with.  I can definitely see someone shooting right for the camera just to be a dick lol.  If outside of the glass I'd have to bring my phone on the bench with me to be able to start and pause the camera while I am at the other side of the rink.  Maybe I'll just suck it up this weekend and give it a shot.  I am playing against my old team so it should be a good one.

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I know the people I play with.  I can definitely see someone shooting right for the camera just to be a dick lol.  If outside of the glass I'd have to bring my phone on the bench with me to be able to start and pause the camera while I am at the other side of the rink.  Maybe I'll just suck it up this weekend and give it a shot.  I am playing against my old team so it should be a good one.

I have guys that say they're going to but nobody ever actually has. 

You don't really need your phone, just let it run. Should have more than enough battery for a game and should be no problem for longer pickups as well. 

I've had 2 cameras drilled. I called GoPro on a Saturday morning each time and they replaced them each time free of charge. They asked how the camera got messed up and told them the truth. No matter, they still replaced them. Since the company went public, I don't know whether their policy changed but that was my experience. Editing is a pain in the ass but so what? Join the party, SBR.

13 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I hate playing in blowout games.  I've been on both sides of the beating and both can be just as bad.  We won our game the other night 16-6.  It wasn't fun.  We were up 16-3 with like 5 minutes left and my team totally just stopped playing.  Rightfully so, offensively, but even defensively.  Let up two 2-0 goals and one 3-1 goal in the last 5 minutes to make a respectable game(personally) a mediocre game.

I know exactly what you mean SBR35. We won 13-8 last week, no real defence on both sides. Our team was leading by couple of goals all the time, got 3-4 goals in the end of game. I was not more than below the average. It was not fun or motivating game :( .   

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

It’s hard to stay sharp in a blowout game!

Yes,  I said to my self couple of times - just stop pucks, don´t mind the score. But I just couldn´t find the right flow. I even found diapointing how easily we score (???). I allways realy like it on ice, no matter of play or if we are loosing or winning, but this time I just wanted the game to end. Maybe it has something with fact, that there was not full roster of players on both sides and I started the game (don´t know why) with thinking like "this will not be good game at all".

5 hours ago, mik said:

I know exactly what you mean SBR35. We won 13-8 last week, no real defence on both sides. Our team was leading by couple of goals all the time, got 3-4 goals in the end of game. I was not more than below the average. It was not fun or motivating game :( .   

Yea I know that feeling as well.  This was a little different.  The other team, despite the score, was playing very well offensively which kept my guys in the game defensively while we blew them away offensively.  As the score got worse and the time got later everyone kinda stopped playing.  That's when they started getting their chances.  Oh well.  "It's not worth winning if you can't win big", eh? :fyea:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-27 at 9:34 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

To discuss any random bullshit in one place to avoid making excess threads.

If you ever lose your stick in a scramble in front of the net be sure not to try and catch a shot with your blocker hand. It does not feel good:D. It looked pretty sick and got both benches up and yelling when I reached up and out to my right and caught it with my blocker hand and tipped it into my glove but shit my thumb went numb almost immediately. Thank goodness it wasn't a hard shot haha.

Lol, I made a save where I made the classic quick save too my blocker side and I have my blocker flipped over so my hand was exposed, the puck hit my middle finger and pinched it between my stick and obviously the puck...I couldn’t feel my middle finger at all for 2 periods?

On 12/1/2017 at 11:19 PM, Scott said:

Lol, I made a save where I made the classic quick save too my blocker side and I have my blocker flipped over so my hand was exposed, the puck hit my middle finger and pinched it between my stick and obviously the puck...I couldn’t feel my middle finger at all for 2 periods?

Yea my hand felt funny for a few days following that game.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MTH said:

When I was your age, we didn't have the internet, cool cameras, electricity, etc.

Being born within the 21st century certainly has it's benefits. However, I don't like the music or the cars from my generation. Image result for 1972 oldsmobile delta 88 royale

These are where it's at.

Edited by ThatCarGuy