Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

On 11/13/2018 at 2:18 PM, MTH said:

When I was your age, we didn't have the internet, cool cameras, electricity, etc. So the only memory of a good game I had was this:

goalie_by_kaiserkidclaire-d3nvmae.jpg

The year prior we only had pictures chiseled into rock pieces. The invention of paper was a game changer.

Whoa - thought you'd sneak in this little gem without me noticing. @MTH?

Did you find any more of these? Maybe time to revive that old drawings thread?

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Whoa - thought you'd sneak in this little gem without me noticing. @MTH?

Did you find any more of these? Maybe time to revive that old drawings thread?

Is that your sketch? I just googled goalie drawing. I forgot about that thread...

1 minute ago, MTH said:

Is that your sketch? I just googled goalie drawing. I forgot about that thread...

Yeah, that's one of mine, from back in the day. I had forgotten about the thread too, until I saw your post above. Any luck finding your own drawings...?

Just thinking... does MTH stand for Master of the Heaton...? LOL!

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Not really hockey related but this is as generic a thread I could find without starting a new one.  So, @coopaloop1234, you're from the Vancouver area, right?  Who else is in the Vancouver area?

Yea I'm located here, so is @Flyers27. @Naz is located on the island not too far from us

There's another user or two that are from here I believe, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Any of you Vancouverites ever been to the Peaceful Chinese restaurants?  I saw it on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.  Mother of god I want those noodles.

I have been to the one on Broadway, they have 6 locations I think in the Greater Vancouver area.

Yeah, those noodles are freaking fantastic!!

Go to their website www.peacefulrestaurant.com and you can hear the Asian accent in what they write.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, Naz said:

I have been to the one on Broadway, they have 6 locations I think in the Greater Vancouver area.

Yeah, those noodles are freaking fantastic!!

Go to their website www.peacefulrestaurant.com and you can hear the Asian accent in what they write.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

That place looks delicious, can't say I've ever been though.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, Flyers27 said:

Nope, I haven't been either

Any of you fellas wanna order me some and ship it to New York for me?🤤

On 6/27/2019 at 2:20 PM, seagoal said:

It'd be neat to have a demographic chart of member locations.  I know where most of the daily regulars are but it'd be interesting to see everyone mapped out.

I'd like to get user locations added underneath the usernames or the avatar but I am not sure it is something that is possible with this website format.  I know I didn't see an option to add it when I had admin rights when the site first opened up.  It might be something that can be done with an add-on, not sure.

• 1 year later...

Man, last night at practice I had a flukey shot go up my pants and tag me in the lower, inner thigh.  Dirty little puck.  It was a hard shot from the point that got tipped a few inches in front of me and it ramped up into my pants and stayed put. 

Another shot later on got stuck in between the sidewall and thumb of my blocker, another flukey shot.  That one however did not hurt.

Edited by seagoal

Somehow stumbled across the lightest gear thread earlier today and that got me thinking. What would the lightest pro level goalie skates look like? Here's my idea

Monstrosity.png.1890423855d5749585c666b525ca7aa6.png

There is a chance these become my skates at some point in the future since I'm starting to prefer the forward pitch again and CCM's custom boots are unmatched at retail. Thoughts?

Well my first game with my new team is tonight (super excited).  My new gear is not here yet.  It is at a warehouse 35 minutes south of Seattle  and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  I called FedEx and begged them to let me drive down and pick them up, but they declined. 

Sigh. 

• Like 1

@coopaloop1234 did you have a real game Sunday or yesterday?

First game with my new team last night.  Shots on goal were 61-22 and we won 6-2.  The other goalie just moved to town and this was his first game in our league.  Super nice guy, but we lit him up with shots pretty good.  He played really well.

2 on me were PPG, first one, guy all alone in the slot had a lot of time, he shot glove side and I played it hard and high, he went soft and low at my foot and in.  Good goal.  Second one, hard shot from the glove side circle, save through legs, no vision, came off hot and way to my right.....superman dive mitts first, hits my stick in midair and in.  Good goal (and fun).  

Fun game.  First game/new team nerves put to rest.  Let's go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@coopaloop1234 did you have a real game Sunday or yesterday?

Indoor sports ban was just lifted as of yesterday afternoon. League games start on the 21st, so I'm hoping to get at least one ice time before then but I doubt it. It's a bloodbath for goalies fighting over team spots/ice times.

There's been a few ads requesting goalies for league play on the hockey community app, every single one had 5-10 guys vying to get a spot. I'm sure things will simmer down come fall, but I have a feeling that I won't be getting the amount of ice I'd like to over the summer.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Indoor sports ban was just lifted as of yesterday afternoon. League games start on the 21st, so I'm hoping to get at least one ice time before then but I doubt it. It's a bloodbath for goalies fighting over team spots/ice times.

There's been a few ads requesting goalies for league play on the hockey community app, every single one had 5-10 guys vying to get a spot. I'm sure things will simmer down come fall, but I have a feeling that I won't be getting the amount of ice I'd like to over the summer.

Ah, ok.  Sorry man.

How many teams are you officially on this season?

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, ok.  Sorry man.

How many teams are you officially on this season?

Summer? One for sure, still waiting to see if my 3v3 teams is going ahead or not. I'm hoping the 3v3 teams goes ahead, the work out is much higher than 5v5 and lord knows I need it.

Winter is a whole different question. 95% sure I've got two teams lined up (at least), but I have this sneaking feeling that my oldest team may not be around.

Covid really took the wind out of the sails for some people's desire to keep playing. A few guys only kept going with it as it was almost habitual, with the extended break, I see about 3-4 guys that may just say screw it and drop hockey alltogether.