Chest Protector Weight Database

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an awesome thread!  Thanks for starting it.  That Passau at 7.3 lbs is telling.  I've been searching for Passau weights all over and I only saw one mention where someone claimed it was "5 lbs".  Maybe it was a small without the pro pack, but still.

Scales and pictures worth a thousand words.  I'm so sick of the reviews "OMG!  I didn't actually put it on a scale, but it feels SOOOOOO much lighter than my [insert 8-year or older model]"

I'd love to see the weights of the new Bauers (Supremes & Vapors) and Warriors.  Even better if you have access to the Sr. level ones.

On 6/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, BonesDT said:

This is an awesome thread!  Thanks for starting it.  That Passau at 7.3 lbs is telling.  I've been searching for Passau weights all over and I only saw one mention where someone claimed it was "5 lbs".  Maybe it was a small without the pro pack, but still.

Scales and pictures worth a thousand words.  I'm so sick of the reviews "OMG!  I didn't actually put it on a scale, but it feels SOOOOOO much lighter than my [insert 8-year or older model]"

I'd love to see the weights of the new Bauers (Supremes & Vapors) and Warriors.  Even better if you have access to the Sr. level ones.

I was kind of surprised, it really doesn't feel that heavy when your wearing it.  I just sold my standard model Passau before I got the scale, but it was noticeably lighter, although I'd say more like 6 lbs, which is pretty average and was right around what I'd say my 1X weighed too.

3 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

I was kind of surprised, it really doesn't feel that heavy when your wearing it.  I just sold my standard model Passau before I got the scale, but it was noticeably lighter, although I'd say more like 6 lbs, which is pretty average and was right around what I'd say my 1X weighed too.

I checked one out a few weeks ago as i switched some arms between an XL and L for a buddy and found the arms really heavy for some reason....  Like noticabley heavier.

17 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

Passau Pro Pack.  Large body w/ belly extender and Medium arms.  7.3 lbs

20180604_172911.jpg

I have the same specs on order right now... once I get it (been 10 weeks now) I'll do a weight on it as well. I mean it's a tank... and a Tiger... not a Sherman.

Image result for tiger vs. sherman

37 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

I checked one out a few weeks ago as i switched some arms between an XL and L for a buddy and found the arms really heavy for some reason....  Like noticabley heavier.

Definitely a big difference in the arms.  I was going to switch to the standard because I felt like the pro pack might be a little overkill for the levels I play at these days.  Took 2 stingers to the arms the first 10 min I wore it from hard, but not earth shattering shots.  Didn't leave major bruising or anything, but it was enough for me to pass on that one.  Sold it and went back to the Pro Pack.  I do wish it was a little lighter and it does absorb a lot, so it gets heavier the longer you wear it, but a trade I'm willing to make for the way it performs.

1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

We should just make this the "weight" database, because now I'm weighing everything...lol

Hi Jay

one if the new mod initiatives will be more more segmented threads. This will making tracking topics easier and make us easier for google search 

we need a stick weight thread, skate weight thread, pad weight thread, etc etc 

i love your enthusiasm. Please start any new threads like I have outlined above 

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Hi Jay

one if the new mod initiatives will be more more segmented threads. This will making tracking topics easier and make us easier for google search 

When are we starting the goalie weight thread in here? :rofl::):rofl:

23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Hi Jay

I'm with ya, I know it would be too hard to navigate...lol.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, BadAngle41 said:

I have the same specs on order right now... once I get it (been 10 weeks now) I'll do a weight on it as well. I mean it's a tank... and a Tiger... not a Sherman.

Image result for tiger vs. sherman

So goalie and hockey stuff, a thread about beer, the ever-present possibility of discussions veering toward pics of hot wives and girlfriends, and now WWII tanks???

These are the only things I ever go online for - all conveniently in one place! What a forum!!!!

13 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So goalie and hockey stuff, a thread about beer, the ever-present possibility of discussions veering toward pics of hot wives and girlfriends, and now WWII tanks???

These are the only things I ever go online for - all conveniently in one place! What a forum!!!!

One stop shopping... our topics are all thriller and no filler.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2018 at 2:35 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Hi Jay

I started the jock weight database thread... 

Archived