Chest Protector Weight Database

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Lol, chill. 

Me and bunny are just ribbing each other. He's a tough Brit. 

Though hey, @bunnyman666is it coming home?

- sincerely, a. Scot. 

Yes we are!

That scale would be great for when I was a bike weight weenie, especially when shaving weight from bolts and other fittings. Of course I weighed 117# soaking wet at the time, so I could ride a 13# bike at the time!

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yes we are!

That scale would be great for when I was a bike weight weenie, especially when shaving weight from bolts and other fittings. Of course I weighed 117# soaking wet at the time, so I could ride a 13# bike at the time!

Just being sure, we’ve learned lessons

chirp away!  

On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, jayluv54 said:

Passau Pro Pack.  Large body w/ belly extender and Medium arms.  7.3 lbs

20180604_172911.jpg

Wonder what the variance is between our units to cause the ~6oz difference. The only real thing I omitted besides a front belly tab was the Jenpro on the floaters. Surely that's not 6 oz. Hmmmm... ?

On 7/20/2018 at 3:21 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Wonder what the variance is between our units to cause the ~6oz difference. The only real thing I omitted besides a front belly tab was the Jenpro on the floaters. Surely that's not 6 oz. Hmmmm... ?

There might be some other minor differences.  I can't see that well in the picture, but my shoulder floaters seem thicker than yours.  Its also a few years old so there may be some differences in material now.

• 5 months later...
On 7/20/2018 at 12:41 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Outgoing CCM Premier Pro (Size Medium w/ 1" taken off of the top of each arm)... 6lbs 9.5oz. (6.6 lbs)

629444107_PremierProWeightPic01.thumb.jpg.a0dd1d8acfcae64396d6f3c554ad059e.jpg   255618993_PremierProWeightPic02.thumb.jpg.25ddb3fad2975d1c78edba10642b4c04.jpg

Brand new Passau Pro Pack (Large Body Medium Arms w/ 2" Belly Extender)... 6lbs  15.1oz (6.9 lbs)

571964269_Gen2WeightPic01.thumb.jpg.4c70ebaf1b7ae3327c939dca96628e8a.jpg    743221620_Gen2WeightPic02.thumb.jpg.738e3aad15f6b49c9e77708990a328c5.jpg

I was wondering the same thing...

On 1/7/2019 at 9:06 AM, TheGoalNet said:

My shield is coming in at 6.9lbs... This is the only piece of gear that I have not trusted the weight on. It feels lighter than my Optik in my hand.

image.png.d62cbaba5e6afb4939bb1ba3d9508fdd.png

@Adam Cooper can you weigh yours?

@goalie

Yes, I will try to weigh my CCM Extreme Flex Shield II chesty this weekend.  I have a "Large."  To follow-up on the earlier thread.  Couple first impressions since I've now played in this thing 3 times.

1.) I've taken a couple direct bombs (very hard slap shots) to the chest and shoulder with no pain or issues.  Did not feel a thing.  Still testing out the arm protection.

2.) Movement in this chesty is excellent.  Moving arms up above my head is not as good as my prior Senior Warrior chest.  The shoulder plates get in the way so sometimes harder to put on my mask and jersey.  Not a big deal as in game situations I never put my arms that high.

3.) The neck.  Several of you have asked questions about this.  I would say that I've had to make lots of adjustments to the neck as it rides a little high.  Right now what has been working is that I can push the neck guard down to provide better movement of my mask.  I already wear both a neckguard under my chesty and a dangler so I've got lots of protection.  The other option I'm going to play around with is adjusting the shoulder velcro to lower the neck guard to a level similar to other chest protectors.  @TheGoalNet can you share how you have the neck area positioned when you wear this?

Overall, still incredibly happy with this chesty.  Because I have better movement in the arms I also find I can handle the puck better.

@TheGoalNet  I took the opportunity to weigh my CCM Extreme Flex Shield II - Large and it came in at 6.4lbs. My Warrior R/GT Senior Large comes in at a light 6.2lbs.  I weighed them both multiple times to make sure.  Considering the added protection of the CCM and D3O foam that’s really good.  I’ll be posting a video soon of my first impressions.  45C2517C-29BC-4788-BDB8-2FE0928154D9.thumb.jpeg.7b85917215f71196303c20385b9af1ad.jpegE366681C-6AE7-4104-A172-D85F8C2A4499.thumb.jpeg.242cb9773c1e955777e368f320eb206b.jpeg

1 hour ago, Adam Cooper said:

@TheGoalNet  I took the opportunity to weigh my CCM Extreme Flex Shield II - Large and it came in at 6.4lbs. My Warrior R/GT Senior Large comes in at a light 6.2lbs.  I weighed them both multiple times to make sure.  Considering the added protection of the CCM and D3O foam that’s really good.  I’ll be posting a video soon of my first impressions.  45C2517C-29BC-4788-BDB8-2FE0928154D9.thumb.jpeg.7b85917215f71196303c20385b9af1ad.jpegE366681C-6AE7-4104-A172-D85F8C2A4499.thumb.jpeg.242cb9773c1e955777e368f320eb206b.jpeg

that CCM looks massive! How do you like it so far? 

ignore this one i didnt read up enough lol 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, Adam Cooper said:

3.) The neck.  Several of you have asked questions about this.  I would say that I've had to make lots of adjustments to the neck as it rides a little high.  Right now what has been working is that I can push the neck guard down to provide better movement of my mask.  I already wear both a neckguard under my chesty and a dangler so I've got lots of protection.  The other option I'm going to play around with is adjusting the shoulder velcro to lower the neck guard to a level similar to other chest protectors.  @TheGoalNet can you share how you have the neck area positioned when you wear this?

I havent used an ef shield but I had the same issue on my g4 of it riding a little higher on the neck, I found if you move the backpiece down, the area where the floaters connect, as well as the straps, itll make the whole unit slide down, and if you wear it a little looser itll allow it to slide down your chest a little more, i did that and it helped w that. I dont use a dangler, just a collar, and find it has no interference

On 1/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, Adam Cooper said:

Yes, I will try to weigh my CCM Extreme Flex Shield II chesty this weekend.  I have a "Large."  To follow-up on the earlier thread.  Couple first impressions since I've now played in this thing 3 times.

1.) I've taken a couple direct bombs (very hard slap shots) to the chest and shoulder with no pain or issues.  Did not feel a thing.  Still testing out the arm protection.

2.) Movement in this chesty is excellent.  Moving arms up above my head is not as good as my prior Senior Warrior chest.  The shoulder plates get in the way so sometimes harder to put on my mask and jersey.  Not a big deal as in game situations I never put my arms that high.

Overall, still incredibly happy with this chesty.  Because I have better movement in the arms I also find I can handle the puck better.

Mine is not that high at all, I have the floaters lower and more squared off than that. 

Might be a few days, but I’ll try to get a pic 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 3:07 AM, Adam Cooper said:

Here is my first impressions video of the CCM Extreme Flex Shield II Chest Protector.  I continue to be really pleased with this purchase.  Just like @TheGoalNet still playing around and experimenting with placement of the shoulder floaters and neck protector.

Great review Adam. One question. Do you tuck in you C/A or not? When I look at that one I'm not sure if it would fit well if you leave C/A untucked.

I recently purchased a used Vaughn 2200 Velocity 6 Pro Spec C/A for $50. It's a size Large in very good to excellent condition, 4 years old, one previous owner.  This thing is light, as in flyweight light, making liberal use of carbon fibre and mesh.  My very unofficial scales register a weight of just under 5 pounds.  

Does anyone here have game condition experience with this unit?

On 1/28/2019 at 5:00 AM, Nohtaram said:

Great review Adam. One question. Do you tuck in you C/A or not? When I look at that one I'm not sure if it would fit well if you leave C/A untucked.

Thanks so much @Nohtaram !  Since I started I have not tucked. I wear this over my suspenders. Maybe next week I’ll give it a shot. That makes for a good topic of discussion. What percentage of goalies tuck their chesty?  What are the main benefits?

On 1/29/2019 at 8:11 AM, Wonder35 said:

I recently purchased a used Vaughn 2200 Velocity 6 Pro Spec C/A for $50. It's a size Large in very good to excellent condition, 4 years old, one previous owner.  This thing is light, as in flyweight light, making liberal use of carbon fibre and mesh.  My very unofficial scales register a weight of just under 5 pounds.  

Does anyone here have game condition experience with this unit?

50 bucks is a steal for that thing! You got me beat I paid $60 for mine.

I think it's a pretty solid chesty. I play roller hockey and the only issues I've had with it are some stingers to the arms (mostly bicep and inner elbow area), but that's a pretty typical complaint with Vaughn. The rest of the unit has been perfectly protective and it's super mobile.

Only other complaints I have is that the mesh isn't super durable, especially on the arms where it rubs against the body. I also dislike the Velcro adjustments for the wrists and back, but I've done a few hacks to make it work.

Let me know if you've got any other questions!

Archived