Live Log for Site Updates

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, #16 said:

I've had that for the past couple days. I haven't been on my computer recently though, just my phone.

It has happened both on my phone and on my computer.

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Yup - happened back in March, too.Not sure what the fix was.

Yes I do remember it happening recently.  Something @TheGoalNet will have to take a look at again I guess.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2019 at 6:11 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Seems to have been resolved. Still not sure what the fix was, but "Who's Online" is back online.

Ezoic seems to be the root of most of our issues. However, they can usually fix bugs in 2-3 days and it's less ads. Overall, I think this is a win?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Ezoic seems to be the root of most of our issues. However, they can usually fix bugs in 2-3 days and it's less ads. Overall, I think this is a win?

Agreed. The “Who’s Online” is a nice-to-have, but doesn’t affect functionality when it craps out.

Fewer ads is also nice!

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't know, I did enjoy not having to see your name in the bottom bar. ;)

Huh! I feel that seeing your name in the bottom bar is very helpful, as it warns me about the over-abundance of shit-posting that is likely going on.

But I'm feeling solution-oriented, so I've come up with an easy fix for you, Coop: just don't go to this site anymore.

Special bonus: with all the extra time you'll have, you can write out some really heart-felt, carefully considered and painstakingly-worded love letters to SBR!

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Huh! I feel that seeing your name in the bottom bar is very helpful, as it warns me about the over-abundance of shit-posting that is likely going on.

But I'm feeling solution-oriented, so I've come up with an easy fix for you, Coop: just don't go to this site anymore.

If I leave, my position as an elitist shit poster will need to be filled.

Are you willing to step into my shoes? It's a lot of work.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just trying to update my profile and was unable to. The ad bar on the bottom of the screen was blocking the save button. Couldn’t get ad bar to go away even when reporting ad to google. I view this site on my phone. iPhone 7S Plus. Occasionally ad traffic is problematic with viewing on a phone. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Does a SAVE DRAFT option exist on the website/board/software?

I wrote up a decent sized review of the my Warrior RGT2s complete with pictures and somehow lost it all and have also seemingly lost the will to live.

👻

Don't think there is. Honestly, any post that is long is always best to be drafted in word/notepad. Saves potential headaches.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

I was just trying to update my profile and was unable to. The ad bar on the bottom of the screen was blocking the save button. Couldn’t get ad bar to go away even when reporting ad to google. I view this site on my phone. iPhone 7S Plus. Occasionally ad traffic is problematic with viewing on a phone. 

I have also had some issues like that.  The bottom ad will block the little notification that pops up when you have mentions/PM's etc. so I can't see it or tap it.  Some layout issues with big gaps between ads but that's mostly at the very top of the screen and not at all within topics/threads.  I'm on Android, Galaxy S8. 

Pretty occasional, but seems to be a side effect of an ad related update a little while back.  It's better than the ads I used to get, but messes with the layout a bit.

• 7 months later...