Live Log for Site Updates

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

I'm getting ad text cover ups as well the past few weeks. I can't even find the X box to close them on my laptop. Using Firefox.

It's annoying as shit!! Can't enjoy the posts or follow the discussion properly.

Workaround for the big Google Ads popping up and blocking text:

I hit refresh.  Usually makes it disappear.

The Xing out the box does nothing.  It blocks the ad but the rectangle is still there blocking the text.

Edited by Chenner29
  • Thanks 1

Hi All, I am aware of this issue! I changed the google code and it was supposed to be less ads, but better ones. Unfortunately, there is that floating ad. My office is getting some work and I will be mostly posting from my phone. Once I am back online, I will revert to the old code. Thanks for your patience! 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Anyone else? I have not had a floating ad since I changed the settings. 

It's a lot rarer for me, but still happens.

Edit: This is showing it just breaking apart text which is a lot better than over taking text like it used to. I'm not 100% sure, but it may still do that.

Untitled.thumb.png.8b2aec0c47285bb1280c6ea0fd75bbc6.png

Edited by coopaloop1234

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's a lot rarer for me, but still happens.

Edit: This is showing it just breaking apart text which is a lot better than over taking text like it used to. I'm not 100% sure, but it may still do that.

Untitled.thumb.png.8b2aec0c47285bb1280c6ea0fd75bbc6.png

Okay, I will try again. 

3 minutes ago, Naz said:

Tried "liking" a post and got a message saying "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today".  I had only liked one other post so far today.  Didn't know we were limited on our reactions.

It's an in place barrier to stop you island people from liking everything.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Naz said:

Tried "liking" a post and got a message saying "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today".  I had only liked one other post so far today.  Didn't know we were limited on our reactions.

There is no limitation. Must have been a glitch in the matrix. 

• Like 1

All,

I'm now out as a moderator, and will not likely be posting here much anymore. This community is not going in a direction I feel I can support. I will continue to post my goalie videos and reviews on the other site I am affiliated with. I would post a link but I know better than to just spam the forum.

Thank you,

- IPv6Freely

Before we dive into the meat of this, I would like to apologize to @bunnyman666 . Unfortunately, 1 of the incidents that has lead to required management (mod) changes here was something he was the victim of.  It does not fix anything, but I addressed this with him offline. It's extremely disappointing the site lead to something that hurt his feelings, but there were a lot of offline moving pieces and the visible pieces of this incident were only 1/2 of the story. Again, sorry Bunny, But I am gad you are back! 

Onto the point. . . 

I am an individual that has made 10,000 mistakes in my life. Some major and some minor. I have learned lessons from every mistake and it's made me a better and stronger person. 

This personal life experience has led me to believe more in a 3 strikes you're out mentality than a zero tolerance policy. We absolutely cannot tolerate racial, handicap, or sexual slurs on this website, but I also want to build a community here and we are still small. I want to give people we, or I, know the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone had a bad day or was raised in a different generation. We are all continuing to grow as people every day. A warning and explanation of the offense seems more practical to me than a blind ban. If you are constantly harassing people, spamming,  or causing issues, actions will be taken. 

This is not license to be a jackass, but a reality that we do not live in a vacuum. Given that I only feel we have 2 major issues in 18 months, I think that we are still of the ability to treat them on a case by case basis. When issues pop up, I want my management team to get together and agree on a plan. 

The previous batch of mods were people that volunteered to help me because of their experience with IT or BB software. I did not know them, but blindly trusted them. We never had a meeting, discussed protocols, or reviewed policies. People just began to do things. When it went well, I said good job. When I didn't agree, I pointed out it didn't align with my vision. 1 of the departing mods is a big loss. The other 1 caused as many problems as he added value. 

I believe in meritocracy. It's how I want the site run and TheGoalNet's vision executed.  I want to hear the relevant state holders opinion's and then form my own opinion and take action. It does not mean that everyone's opinion will always be followed, but hearing it is a very valuable data point. Just because other BB's do things a certain way does not mean it's the right path forward for TheGoalNet. We are a new BB and we are competing with other social media sites for people's mind share. We should not be shackled by websites that are 10+ years old. 

As I mentioned before, I learn from mistakes. There was no plan with building the management team and that has officially changed. Although I think we are still a tight knit group, we have grown enough to execute a vision. We will be picking 2 new mods and continuing to improve the site from there. 

Lastly, this open letter is not my style. It feels very dramatic. However, transparency is important. With people's public's resignations (that I do not want to be publicly broadcast-ed) it sort of made this a requirement. 

Let's just stay focused on the gear, treating people with respect, and continue to grow the best goalie community on the web. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

In an effort to improve the performance, organization, and search function of our site, we are going to make a few changes! 

This is the type of initiative that our new and more positive mod team will be initiating. 

Changes:

1. Please post all topics related to a given manufacturer in the sub forums - regular topics - still debating how to improve the reviews organization 
  2. Please start to make more threads. Instead of putting everything in the "Bauer Thread", start a new thread like "My 1S vs 2S comparsion". Post general Bauer company questions in the Bauer topic. 
  3. If this topic is general like "Gear sitings" that belongs in the "gear" sub forum. 
  4. If this is for a small manufacturer, like Monster, that may not need it's own sub forum, post that in the "gear" or "review" section. 

We will slowly start to move topics around and get this organized!!! 

• Like 1