TheGoalNet

6 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

I'm thinking about picking up a ccm eflex 3 anyone got any experience with it. Also any idea how true to size they run?

It should be true to size with the eflex 2s and ccm pads, the Premier line just sits differently.  Try it out in store if you can.

20 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

It's refreshing to hear goalies giving the CCM brand a try in skates. They've lacked in forward progression and/or evolving their goalie skates for the last few years but their latest lines are now being competitive. Now you might have to change your username, eh?

Because "Bauer" is my surname (unfortunately no relation to the owners of Bauer hockey), my username will likely remain the same. lol

Believe it or not, I have never worn Bauer skates--only CCM Tacks from back in the day, Graf 750 Goaler Pros, Graf G50 Ultras, and the Reebok 11Ks. Although, I've recently been tempted to try the new Bauer goalie skates, the AS1 teaser photos and updated cowling have kept me at bay.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:38 AM, ruckus007 said:

The speedskin does work. What it actually excels at is maintaining the same level of sliding speed throughout the game, on rougher and softer ice. So far everyone I know with them has no complaints about durability. 

Made in China also does not mean it's poorly put together. Blame that on the materials (or lack of) and assembly processes made by the parent company. 

I've never had made in Canada gear however none of my offshore gear has ever pre-maturely broken down. I've had gear from Bauer, Brian's, RBK and warrior. They were all exceptional. If there was anything that broke too quickly, it would be attributed to either poor design/engineering and/or material used. 

You know who made shitty gear? JRZ. Their lines of Bauer gear was garbage. ESPECIALLY the catch gloves and reactor 6000 series. BUT. After I looked at it further, a lot of the faults were due to poor design by Bauer. 

But JRZ did make some really shitty gloves. It ruined the entire Reactor line of catch gloves for me. 

We will see Speed Skin in the NHL in 2019 as well. The rumor that it's not NHL worthy and that Cary Price didn't like it are both FALSE

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

We will see Speed Skin in the NHL in 2019 as well. The rumor that it's not NHL worthy and that Cary Price didn't like it are both FALSE

But it's not being used in the NHL and it could have, so what gives? All the CCM users would have been wearing it by now...

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

NHL goalies are notoriously bad for adopting changes.

Yes, very true.....that's why I doubt that we will see speed skins in the NHL

The same way I don't want them on my pad when I order it :) 

Edited by mr_shifty1982

@coopaloop1234 @mr_shifty1982 -

Facts: Speed Skin was a late addition to the EF3 line. Lefebvre factory had already ordered all the new material for 2018 season. They were not able to order and ramp up the Speed Skin for all the possible colors by the start of the season. They have white in house now. At a minimum, it can be used like Opti-Slide for the sliding pieces. If they get more colors, it can be used for the whole pad. 

TGN Opinion: There is also the fact that pros are reluctant to change gear. That's one of the reasons CCM is so popular in the pros. Their "tic toc" Apple like product refresh cycle keeps the gear very consistent year to year. Pros want to focus on stopping pucks, not strapping. Little enhancements are good, Bauer OD1N can be scary. So I don't know that CCM or Lefebvre felt pressured to hurry up and incorporate the new material. I would imagine the Lefebvre family may have wanted to do their own bench marking of the material independent from CCM too. 

Regardless of my opinion, the white is available to NHL guys moving forward 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 1:39 AM, ULTIMA said:

At first glace at your pad design, it looks like two white arrows pointing at the five hole. Kinna looks like an orange road sign.

The color is red but i can see how the glare would affect that imao

On 4/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, BadAngle41 said:

6' and short shins by chance?

I ask because when I purchased my Retro Flexes I also did a +2.5 and I underestimated how high the boots now sit on skates as well as how they don't really break down around the skate (like they used to.) The thigh comes up pretty high and actually has a tendency to interfere when in VH or RVH in particular. Because of that I'm looking to have them shaved down about an 1" (maybe slightly more) now. Just an FYI.

I do like how you used the color zones. Good looking set.

Yeah, I came from a 35 plus 1 gnetik3 and my knee falls off the block. so I wanted to get a smaller knee while also maximizing the height of the pad. I asked a few of my buddies and they said that the 2.5 would be bigger but they said it would work compared with my ankle to knee and personal preference. 

On 4/2/2018 at 4:03 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Dude 34 + 2.4 sounds like its very very tall!!! THey still sit like the P1, have you tried the P1?

I have a 33+2 P1 and I'm thinking of going 1.5 maybe even plus 1.

However the soft boot overuse may bring the pad down, it looks almost too soft though, I'm going with the stiff.

yes, i have tried the P1 I ordered the soft boot thinking that and also i have a lot of height above my knee so i do think these will fit me. When they come in June i will tell you guys how they work.

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I'm going Crawford colours this year, for now I took these demo pads to try. Straight pad, looks beautiful. 

20180410_192735.jpg

20180410_192909.jpg

That is a very interesting design. What core is that on those pads? they look super straight.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:09 AM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Stright pad with 1 inner 1 outer roll...put it on at home and can't close my 5hole lol so tomorrow experience may not be fun on the ice haha

Ah, I went with the precurve and single inner... but looking at those I almost wish I went straight like that.

50 minutes ago, Hills said:

Ah, I went with the precurve and single inner... but looking at those I almost wish I went straight like that.

I went on the ice yesterday, the straight pad is no good! Even with a break. Can't close my 5hole properly.  Unless you are made of rubber band haha I was very much tired after say 40 minutes on the ice due to how stiff they were and the extra energy I took out.

The speed skins do make you slide better which changed my mind before I order my pad at the end of the month, I will get the bottom in speed skins.

I didn't feel them to be that much lighter on the ice, maybe the stiffness had something to do with that lol.  I will for sure go with a pre-curve, single inner no outer.

4 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I went on the ice yesterday, the straight pad is no good! Even with a break. Can't close my 5hole properly.  Unless you are made of rubber band haha I was very much tired after say 40 minutes on the ice due to how stiff they were and the extra energy I took out.

The speed skins do make you slide better which changed my mind before I order my pad at the end of the month, I will get the bottom in speed skins.

I didn't feel them to be that much lighter on the ice, maybe the stiffness had something to do with that lol.  I will for sure go with a pre-curve, single inner no outer.

I'm guessing you haven't seen any of my videos on my super stiff/like a board Warrior G2s? haha

• 2 weeks later...