TheGoalNet

On 5/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I thought it was funny. More than bold than we've ever seen before! 

I dunno, I think this type of 'sassy clap-back' marketing has gotten really stale, really fast (I work in marketing, and so I see/read about this phenomenon quite a bit). I'm sick of seeing brands' and teams' accounts having tongue-in-cheek arguments on social media. It's unoriginal at this point, and it diverts consumers' attention to who has the best comeback, rather than what value their products/services offer. I think it's lame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I dunno, I think this type of 'sassy clap-back' marketing has gotten really stale, really fast (I work in marketing, and so I see/read about this phenomenon quite a bit). I'm sick of seeing brands' and teams' accounts having tongue-in-cheek arguments on social media. It's unoriginal at this point, and it diverts consumers' attention to who has the best comeback, rather than what value their products/services offer. I think it's lame.

While I agree with you about it being overused and lame. ex: look at the Official Twitter handles of teams memeing it up against each other.

I do think that it's disingenuous to think that marketing has always been about the value a company brings to the table and not trying to one up the competition. Hell, look at fast food, they've been knocking each other's products for decades, politicians use a ton of "slanderous" advertising against their opponents and car companies (especially the truck market) uses similar tactics as this Bauer/CCM clash.

Is it overused? Most definitely.
Is it really that new of an advertising tactic? Not in the slightest.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

While I agree with you about it being overused and lame. ex: look at the Official Twitter handles of teams memeing it up against each other.

I do think that it's disingenuous to think that marketing has always been about the value a company brings to the table and not trying to one up the competition. Hell, look at fast food, they've been knocking each other's products for decades, politicians use a ton of "slanderous" advertising against their opponents and car companies (especially the truck market) uses similar tactics as this Bauer/CCM clash.

Is it overused? Most definitely.
Is it really that new of an advertising tactic? Not in the slightest.

You missed the point I was making...

I'm not talking about negative selling or mud-slinging as a new phenomenon - I'm well aware that tactic is as old as time. I'm talking specifically about the snarky, tongue-in-cheek 'clap back' tone that is very en vogue right now. It's like 3 years ago when every brand on Twitter was referring to their followers as bae and fam, because "that's what the kids say!"

I wouldn't bat an eye if CCM made a straight-forward advertisement or video claiming that their products were superior to Bauer's. But the "I guess you can go back to celebrating now that we totally owned you ;)" schtick is lame, in my humble opinion.

Edited by stackem30

6 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

What size are your P1s? How did these compare?

My P1s are 35+2 as well, and probably sit at least a half inch taller compared to the P2s.  Lots of this difference is probably due to the softer boot and less steep of an angle on the P2s.

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

You missed the point I was making...

I'm not talking about negative selling or mud-slinging as a new phenomenon - I'm well aware that tactic is as old as time. I'm talking specifically about the snarky, tongue-in-cheek 'clap back' tone that is very en vogue right now. It's like 3 years ago when every brand on Twitter was referring to their followers as bae and fam, because "that's what the kids say!"

I wouldn't bat an eye if CCM made a straight-forward advertisement or video claiming that their products were superior to Bauer's. But the "I guess you can go back to celebrating now that we totally owned you ;)" schtick is lame, in my humble opinion.

Ah, I got u now fam.

I definitely misinterpreted your original point.

5 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Any good detectives in the group? I need help identifying what brand and model of thigh protector this is. Assuming it's likely CCM seeing as that is the pad brand.

999716272_1517019775_08-10053391302UPUK012718(1).jpg.fbe066bbe580cedb385f9351cb153420.jpgsouth-bend-indiana-usa-10th-nov-2017-notre-dame-goaltender-cale-morris-KGYJEA.jpg.5a684cbc52eb33b4bd59410a08508e0f.jpg

Looks like Vaughn to me. 

2 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Any good detectives in the group? I need help identifying what brand and model of thigh protector this is. Assuming it's likely CCM seeing as that is the pad brand.

999716272_1517019775_08-10053391302UPUK012718(1).jpg.fbe066bbe580cedb385f9351cb153420.jpgsouth-bend-indiana-usa-10th-nov-2017-notre-dame-goaltender-cale-morris-KGYJEA.jpg.5a684cbc52eb33b4bd59410a08508e0f.jpg

Really difficult to tell, but it looks like one of the older Reebok thigh boards.

Not sure if it carried over with the CCM rebrand...although I know that the lacing system was changed to velcro at retail, but I can imagine that wasn't something that applied to the pro stuff. Could also easily be a "Frankenstein" of a few different models/companies. 

Edit: Just looked them up, and while they look similar in the knee and lacing attachment, they look completely different in the thigh. It doesn't look like a Vaughn (their thigh guards don't have knee padding other than the LT90/98, which this definitely isn't). 

Must be a custom made guard or a smaller brand I am unfamiliar with

Edited by Aquilzz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hills said:

Believe that is that same knee pad Niemi uses, which would be a Vaughn that isn't offered at retail.

Considering he was in Vaughn last year, it could be from his old pads.

EDIT:

notre-dame-fighting-irish-goaltender-cal

Looks like these with the shell cut off

img.aspx?pic_id=84012&pic_type=5

Edited by Moose75

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Max27 said:

if i order a custom set of ef3 from ccm, could i ask for specific pro strapping setups? like holtbys or the p2 quick motion?

They will only do what's being offered on the customizer, we are not pros, reality check haha I know it sucks but that's life

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

They will only do what's being offered on the customizer, we are not pros, reality check haha I know it sucks but that's life

haha yeah. i wish they would. if im investing in a custom product i would want the custom specs id prefer, but thats life lol