TheGoalNet

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 3:47 PM, jmw0097 said:

@TheGoalNetSmith is one of the few people i know that is as good a puck handling goalie as he is and can fire rockets and is equally accurate with a 580 break. That's one of the most impressive things I've seen in a goalie. 

i was thinking the same thing last night watching him.  He can rifle the puck, and the 580 is supposed to be the worst for handling your stick.

On 10/22/2017 at 3:49 PM, Doobiesnax said:

i was thinking the same thing last night watching him.  He can riflr the puck, and the 580 is supposed to be the worst for handling your stick.

ikr. It must be hard on his palm. I demoed a 580 Premier I glove and tried shooting with it and I didnt have as hard of a shot as with the 590. Pretty amazing.

On 10/22/2017 at 3:32 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Move info on the AX1 skate. It’s a 1 piece boot with no separate outer sole 

CCM is hilarious in this skate launch. "No outsole! But ignore the giant piece of plastic attached to the bottom of the skate!"

4 minutes ago, avc_03 said:

I dont understand what the difference is between the 1 piece and 2 piece? Both look like they have cowlings on to me

Tthey're referring to the boot construction. The 1 piece doesn't have an outsole (the piece that the holder rivets to)

So I guess you could call it a 2-piece vs 3-piece skate if you take the cowlings into account. :P 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Moose75 thanks for sharing 

what store is that from? I had someone send me a pic of that pad on IG today and share that their local store had a sample 

what is the knee stack material by feel? Soft, hard, squishy? Grippy? 

Wesco Sports Center in Brookfield, CT.

It was interesting. It was grippy and a tad squishy, yet firm enough to feel solid. Felt pretty comfortable.

If I had to guess, I'd say it will help feel connected to the knee stack when you have on big, bulky knee guards. And while giving you a cushiony feeling to ease up the landing.

Edited by Moose75