TheGoalNet

I ended up selling the Bauer TotalOne glove set i despised (blocker wasnt bad), and grabbed a CCM Retro Flex Pro blocker to go with the Dave Wilcox glove I have headed my way.  I played with the blocker last night and man the wrist seemed tight as.  Anyone else with big hands have issues with CCM blockers fit?  Pics for attention (ccm logo will be gone tonight!)

5a0c5c88aa524_block1.JPG.e6054b3ab38747f9fb4edac66a9d9747.JPG

image.png.38d3fb32d85cccbff6c68c96ba5e57ae.png

2 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

I ended up selling the Bauer TotalOne glove set i despised (blocker wasnt bad), and grabbed a CCM Retro Flex Pro blocker to go with the Dave Wilcox glove I have headed my way.  I played with the blocker last night and man the wrist seemed tight as.  Anyone else with big hands have issues with CCM blockers fit?  Pics for attention (ccm logo will be gone tonight!)

I actually the exact opposite problem on mine (a Koho 589 Vintage Pro... but the same.) Actually added some foam padding to the underside of the blocker foam along the top of the hand and wrist. That said, I'm also 5'10" and 155... I don't exactly have the meatiest hands/wrists. Interesting you find it tight though.

On 11/15/2017 at 1:15 PM, BadAngle41 said:

I actually the exact opposite problem on mine (a Koho 589 Vintage Pro... but the same.) Actually added some foam padding to the underside of the blocker foam along the top of the hand and wrist. That said, I'm also 5'10" and 155... I don't exactly have the meatiest hands/wrists. Interesting you find it tight though.

I'm 6'1" pushing 300 lbs lol.  It was actually noticibly uncomfortable to wear.  It may just need some stretching through wear, if not ill take it to the local shop to see what they can do to loosen up the wrist area.  the palm and fingers fit fine and its definitley a senior glove.

Update:  Played again last night (so my new blocker wasn't totally dried out) and unvelcroed the wrist piece completely and the blocker felt much better, even made a OT shoot out stop with it lol.  I do wish the velco section on the thumb side extended all the way to the binding closer to the middle of the wrist so i could attach the wrist cuff.

image.png.40a5f946091b9c67bc0b469b3552c1ae.png

@TheGoalNet Here's my experience with my Premiers.

First I'll start with the specs I went with.

Pad:

35+2 Precurve

Bottom of the knee, top calf strapping

Single internal/external break

Recessed knee, wide nash leg channel, soft boot

Glove:

600 Break, Pro Palm

+1 Pocket, Skate lace (added after), single T

Now to get into my experiences.  The pad fits very big due to the steep slope of the boot and how stiff (even the soft boot) is.  The boot does start to soften up, however I have not noticed much settling/flattening out with my use thus far (coming up on a year with light to moderate use).  That being said, I love the way these play.  Nice seal with the ice, big and consistent rebounds, excellent 5-hole closure, good rotation, and excellent sliding.  Now all that being said, they are definitely for a butterfly style goalie.  Due to their stiffness, weight and large fitting, they would not lend themselves to a goalie looking for a more responsive/mobile type pad.  They new strapping setup they introduced with the premier is excellent.  It reduces a bit of weight without sacrificing pad responsiveness.  In addition to the elastic around the calf, and the way the leg channel wraps the leg, it allows you to wear the pad looser without feeling disconnected from your equipment.  The one potential downside is that the knee landing is quite hard, and could be uncomfortable for someone that doesn't wear knee pads.  Although this looks to have been remedied with the new Premier II line coming out.

Next, we'll go to the blocker.  There isn't much to say about it.  It's a good solid blocker that may be a bit bulky to some, but for those that like the big inside blocking surface, is possibly exactly what you're looking for.  The suregrip palm gives good control of your stick, and the blocker gives good protection all around.

For the glove, I found the 600 break worked best for me.  It has a more similar feeling to that of a baseball glove.  The pro palm was easy to break in straight from the factory, and has provided great protection with the D3O in the palm.  The palm seems to funnel the puck into the pocket when not caught cleanly, and the pocket with the single T gives a nice pocket feel when you do.  Needless to say, the +1 pocket with skate lace is an absolute black hole.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with my choice to have gone with my CCM Premier equipment.  They play exactly as I wanted, and have been of excellent quality so far with very little signs of wear.  I'm looking really forward to seeing what the Premier II line has to offer.

Premier.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

Inwas looking for advice and assistance in regards to the best way to break this glove in? 

The glove is youth glove for my son, unfortunately after all the normal methods, heat over and steam, nothing seems to be working. 

Any tips or help is a appreciated. 

Also Noticed that this eflex youth glove is much bigger than his Bauer vapor glove, which is a jr. 

• Like 1

If you have access to a skate over, pre-heat it for 5 minutes, bake the glove for 2-3 minutes, then work it in. While it's still warm, close the glove as you would if a puck is in it, then wrap lace around it tightly, then shimmy your hand out and tie the lace (PS: helps if you have another hand to help this step). Let it sit for a while, then try it back on. If it feels good, go with it, if it's not quite right work it in some more and tie it again. That's how I broke my last two gloves in.

Edited by Moose75