TheGoalNet

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

How do you cut and sew a one piece boot??

The boot is multiple pieces of material sewn together compared to Bauer which is basically a boot and a toe cap. 

To my knowledge, the one piece is the heel and the outsole being 1 piece. it's not the entire boot and outsole being 1 piece 

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I didn’t care to bother providing a detailed explanation of the VH innovation. Now you can quit your trolling.

lol. Just calling a spade a spade.

No point coming into a thread just to disagree then stick your fingers in your ears and run away once people disagree with your viewpoints.

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

The boot is multiple pieces of material sewn together compared to Bauer which is basically a boot and a toe cap. 

To my knowledge, the one piece is the heel and the outsole being 1 piece. it's not the entire boot and outsole being 1 piece 

It’s a monocoque boot. 

43 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

So to be pedantic... Explaining a Bauer skate like that is really simplifying it. VH/True is basically a boot, and toe cap with an midsole.

Bauer is quater package, midsole, outsole, toe cap, lacing. 

The new True skates added a layer of plastic on the heel and toe instead of placing the holder right onto the carbon boot, but it can be removed and is evidently there to keep the heel from chipping. If you don't order a holder the heel part doesn't come with the skates and it is a pure carbon heel.

From my understanding, it's the piece in green here is defined as the monocoque boot and it runs under the outsole in 1 peice

vs bauer is large piece in green with extra outsole. This is what I am trying to point out with the cut and sew vs 1 large piece with the Bauer boot 

@Hills - I know you get up close up close with all stuff regularly and own the True's, do I have this correct?

SUPREME_1SGoalSkate_main (1).png

True.png

I own them as well. And no, you are wrong. See the black part that looks stitched? It's actually GLUED on. So the pleather on there and the VH logo is all glued onto the monocoque shell.

VH.JPG

This may actually explain it better. Here is a VH speed skate that is made the exact same way (but obviously with speed skating specific features)

image.png.34831d7a90c687ee483c9876ff435149.png

It's one piece. The pleather is for show. Of course the hockey skates have a toe cap where the speed skates don't because you don't need reinforced toes for protection in a speed skate but otherwise its the same construction. 

• Like 1

@IPv6Freely and @Hills - Now we are getting somewhere!!!

This is exactly what I have been hunting for that no one has really explained clearly the 8 times I have brought it up and it's not listed on any of True's marketing info. I know there has to be some sneaky features on the True skates aside from the fit. The fact the eyelits mold to your foot is very interesting to me and very unique. 

@IPv6Freely - I toured the Original VH factory a couple years ago. All of the black pieces on your VH branded player skates are made 1 at at time from dies and exactly what I am referring to. It's a very manual process compared to Bauer who I believe has their pieces cut via automated machines. All of those black pieces being cut and then sewn or glued over the carbon fiber boot should better explain my point. In contrast, Bauer has more of their composite material exposed and there is automation involved. Mass production vs small batch and it's why the fit and finish looks different as well. 

Your picture of the speed skating boot and older VH boot was helpful too. With the update to the VH boot, I did not realize the carbon fiber was running as far forward as it is. I thought it stopped mid foot. 

23 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm glad it only took us two pages to get all that cleared up :) 

F That! I have asked multiple times on multiple threads. Someone could have said moldable eyelits weeks ago

I consider Bauer more progressive at the current time because of their track record. It will be very interesting to see if True can continue to come up with new designs of if they get stagnate. 

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't see much of a reason for True to change construction. Maybe appearance, but that doesn't matter at all. 

I don't find Bauer progressive at all. 

Like their recent iteration of skates? Or like at all? 

The vertexx cutout was a big step forward towards what we consider standard for cowlings now.

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

Yea a cutout on the cowling, which isn't even something people use anymore, is totally at the same level as designing a skate where the entire thing is shaped to the buyers foot. 

I mean yea, you're right, they are quite different in regards to scope.

But the initial reduction in cowlings led us to the cowlingless designs we see now which True/VH copies and adheres to. That first real step, regardless of how you want to look at it, was a major stepping stone to the current modern skate. Even if it was just a small cut out.

The Vertexx cutout was a big step, I don't know if Bauer was the first with the cowlingless design or if that should be attributed to the Swiss custom skate makers. I am not sure if those were cowlingless first or to a similar degree. But Bauer was definitely the first to bring it the mass market.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

I am currently wearing a custom pro’s choice mask and love the fit, but find it gets hot due to weight. Is the CCM mask the NHL guys wear made off a mold of your head? If so has anybody used this mask and can they confirm if it’s cooler and lighter than a pro’s choice? 

You find your PC heavy??  When did you have it made?