Jump to content

CCM Premier R1.9 Intermediate Leg Pads, Glove, and R1.9 Senior Blocker


Awgoalie164

Recommended Posts

Intermediate Leg Pads: 

Time owned - About 13 months

When I heard about these pads I was very intrigued by the flat-face desgin, the minimal strapping, and the research that went into the pad. I had heard it was light and revolutionary. Little to my knowledge getting an intermediate level pad in the middle price-range would be a massive mistake. To start off the pads were not as light as I was hoping. I like a stiff pad and that was what I was expecting. However after 18 months of use they became almost as flexible if not more flexible than the Extreme-Flex E3.9's. This made me irrate considering these were supposed to be stiff and not flexible. The quality and durabiity was nothing but poor at best. The GenPro has started to chip away on the sliding adge and is easily cut by skates. The seems on the sliding edge that incase the hard foam for the landing have started to rip leaving holes and gaps. 

Intermediate Catch Glove:

Time owned - About 18 months

Awful. Absolutely awful. For an middle price-range glove I would expect so much more. The lacing for the pocket has been coming undone for the last 3-4 months so I have to re-tie it everytime I go onto the ice. This is not major but it is always annoying and leaves me worrying about the lace coming off on my glove. After time the protection in the palm has degraded so much that it literally feels like there is no padding there. There are skate cuts everywhere ranging from .5 inches - 2 inches. The plastic around the cuff area on in the front of the glove that is over the wrist has shattered and is not replacable. 

Senior Blocker:

Time owned - About 18 months

A blockers a blocker. There is nothing really speical about this one. The quality is great with this Senior midde price-range blocker. Nothing has ripped or anything. The only issue I have is that it is a bit on the heavier side. 

IMG_2188.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a few things:

1. Are you going to post any pictures of the complaints in questions? The one picture you have when your set was 'new' doesn't offer any validity to your statements


2. Was the catcher used when you got it? Or did you get it way before the rest of the set?

3. As per the "WaRrIoR iSn'T a GoAlIe CoMpAnY" thread you started last year where you complained that because you were using an INT C/A that an entire company's products we're trash, why are you still buying INT gear? INT gear isn't a "mid-price point" level of goalie equipment. It's made for kids. Like, actual kids. I'm really curious as to why you assume INT gear will last as long and perform as well as SR gear, let alone Pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So a few things:

1. Are you going to post any pictures of the complaints in questions? The one picture you have when your set was 'new' doesn't offer any validity to your statements


2. Was the catcher used when you got it? Or did you get it way before the rest of the set?

3. As per the "WaRrIoR iSn'T a GoAlIe CoMpAnY" thread you started last year where you complained that because you were using an INT C/A that an entire company's products we're trash, why are you still buying INT gear? INT gear isn't a "mid-price point" level of goalie equipment. It's made for kids. Like, actual kids. I'm really curious as to why you assume INT gear will last as long and perform as well as SR gear, let alone Pro.

I know right? I use my P2 twice a week for 20 months and I have more puck marks than that!!

I will agree though, that even though it is a stiff pad it becomes flexible quickly, and I went with single inner and outer roll.  But, no rips or tears in the landing area, or the sliding area.  Usually it what happens when skates make contact with your pads, THEY RIP!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So a few things:

1. Are you going to post any pictures of the complaints in questions? The one picture you have when your set was 'new' doesn't offer any validity to your statements


2. Was the catcher used when you got it? Or did you get it way before the rest of the set?

3. As per the "WaRrIoR iSn'T a GoAlIe CoMpAnY" thread you started last year where you complained that because you were using an INT C/A that an entire company's products we're trash, why are you still buying INT gear? INT gear isn't a "mid-price point" level of goalie equipment. It's made for kids. Like, actual kids. I'm really curious as to why you assume INT gear will last as long and perform as well as SR gear, let alone Pro.

I remember that thread too, so I went back to re-read it. It came out that our buddy AWgoalie IS in fact a kid (born in 2004... Christ, I have t-shirts that are older than that!) It also appears that he plays a lot, and with high-er/ish level shooters. So to be fair, I think he's stuck in a situation where he needs the protection and durability of likely pro, or possibly legit Sr - but needs the fit of INT. Tough situation, not sure what I would do in his place.

That aside, if the choice is to go with INT fit over SR/PRO protection, then durability and protection expectations should indeed be measured.

Man, I bet soccer goalies don't have to worry about these issues...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

Wow, not good. Forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference between senior and intermediate quality on the same line? (1.9) 

From what I have noticed yes. The intermediate pad is meant for a squirt, peewee, and maybe bantam level. The senior pad is meant for high school. Somewhat how the pro level pads and lower level pads are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So a few things:

1. Are you going to post any pictures of the complaints in questions? The one picture you have when your set was 'new' doesn't offer any validity to your statements


2. Was the catcher used when you got it? Or did you get it way before the rest of the set?

3. As per the "WaRrIoR iSn'T a GoAlIe CoMpAnY" thread you started last year where you complained that because you were using an INT C/A that an entire company's products we're trash, why are you still buying INT gear? INT gear isn't a "mid-price point" level of goalie equipment. It's made for kids. Like, actual kids. I'm really curious as to why you assume INT gear will last as long and perform as well as SR gear, let alone Pro.

I know for a fact intermediate gear isn’t gonna last as long as senior or pro. Intermediate gear is not the middle range price point but the R1.9’s are. These pads will be the last intermediate thing I had because I ordered a new set in senior size. I will post pictures eventually but I’m not sure when because my gear is at the rink. I bought the catcher new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I know right? I use my P2 twice a week for 20 months and I have more puck marks than that!!

I will agree though, that even though it is a stiff pad it becomes flexible quickly, and I went with single inner and outer roll.  But, no rips or tears in the landing area, or the sliding area.  Usually it what happens when skates make contact with your pads, THEY RIP!!

These are my pads brand new. The pad I got was a single internal and no external and it feels like it is more of a double internal which is not what I wanted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I remember that thread too, so I went back to re-read it. It came out that our buddy AWgoalie IS in fact a kid (born in 2004... Christ, I have t-shirts that are older than that!) It also appears that he plays a lot, and with high-er/ish level shooters. So to be fair, I think he's stuck in a situation where he needs the protection and durability of likely pro, or possibly legit Sr - but needs the fit of INT. Tough situation, not sure what I would do in his place.

That aside, if the choice is to go with INT fit over SR/PRO protection, then durability and protection expectations should indeed be measured.

Man, I bet soccer goalies don't have to worry about these issues...

Yes I am. I play almost every day as I am going to be a freshman starting JV and backing you Varsity. That aside you are correct. It is hard to find pro level gear in an intermediate size not to mention the cost. When the first generation of CCM Premier came out there was an intermediate pro level pad but who’s gonna pay a grand for a pair of pads. I recently ordered a set of Custom Bauer Vapor X900’s Senior Small. I have high hopes for these but am not impressed with the wait time. I am also a soccer goalie aside from hockey and the only thing I have to do is find a size of glove I wear and what colors I want. The post I’ve paid for these have been about $100 USD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Awgoalie164 said:

I know for a fact intermediate gear isn’t gonna last as long as senior or pro. Intermediate gear is not the middle range price point but the R1.9’s are. These pads will be the last intermediate thing I had because I ordered a new set in senior size. I will post pictures eventually but I’m not sure when because my gear is at the rink. I bought the catcher new.

The R1.9's are the top end of the INT line. It's still INT gear though, it isn't meant for your level or the amount you play.

1 hour ago, Awgoalie164 said:

Yes I am. I play almost every day as I am going to be a freshman starting JV and backing you Varsity. That aside you are correct. It is hard to find pro level gear in an intermediate size not to mention the cost. When the first generation of CCM Premier came out there was an intermediate pro level pad but who’s gonna pay a grand for a pair of pads.

Paying a grand for pads is pretty normal for new SR gear.

Unfortunately, due to the level you play and the amount you play, custom pro gear in your size is your best bet until you can fit SR gear.

I really don't think a 1+ year review for INT gear claiming it's falling apart and not worth anyone's money when you're easily using gear that isn't fit for you is a fair review.

It's held up decently well until recently correct?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think those older Reebok int "pro" gear was same quality as CCM 1.9 now. Reebok Premier 2 Int pro pads weren´t same quality as Premier Sr Pro pads. Vaughn and Brian´s made some real pro, made in Canada int gear but nowadays those would cost maybe 2000$ per set. 

I compared CCM sr 1.9 and int 1.9 catch gloves and I didn´t find any differences. They feel and look the same, even sizing seems to be same.  I don´t know if padding or palm size is little different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The R1.9's are the top end of the INT line. It's still INT gear though, it isn't meant for your level or the amount you play.

Paying a grand for pads is pretty normal for new SR gear.

Unfortunately, due to the level you play and the amount you play, custom pro gear in your size is your best bet until you can fit SR gear.

I really don't think a 1+ year review for INT gear claiming it's falling apart and not worth anyone's money when you're easily using gear that isn't fit for you is a fair review.

It's held up decently well until recently correct?
 

For the most part. Also if you look on GoalieMonkey you can find the intermediate pro pads from CCM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

I think those older Reebok int "pro" gear was same quality as CCM 1.9 now. Reebok Premier 2 Int pro pads weren´t same quality as Premier Sr Pro pads. Vaughn and Brian´s made some real pro, made in Canada int gear but nowadays those would cost maybe 2000$ per set. 

I compared CCM sr 1.9 and int 1.9 catch gloves and I didn´t find any differences. They feel and look the same, even sizing seems to be same.  I don´t know if padding or palm size is little different.

Oh ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Member Statistics

    1,774
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Joshytea
    Newest Member
    Joshytea
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...