2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2018 at 12:15 AM, TitanG said:

How does his chest protector still look massive compared to Gibson's? Maybe just the angle?

its bc of the way miller has his shoulder floaters. Millers are pushed out further while Gibsons are more tapered to his shoulders.

Just now, Max27 said:

its bc of the way miller has his shoulder floaters. Millers are pushed out further while Gibsons are more tapered to his shoulders.

But that seems like it defeats the new rules? I don't understand how KW determines these things.

Just now, TitanG said:

But that seems like it defeats the new rules? I don't understand how KW determines these things.

it does i agree. Comparison to use for gibson and miller is gibson is using more of a eflex shield style while miller is in more of the premier style. nhl goalies are gonna try anything they can to find a loophole thru the shrunken chest pads, similar to the last time they did this bs

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

?

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 19.42.13.png

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Ha, yep.

It isn't unprecedented. 

Screenshot_20181015-120100_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fleury's pads seem to be a darker, more yellow gold than the "old" gold on Turco's pads. That makes sense since the VGK gold seems more yellow than the old Stars or Pittsburgh gross gold. I like his style, but I do agree there needs to be more red!

Laurent Brossoit with a strong performance last night.  Jets goalies need to step up their game with their gear.  I really dig how the Jets have that very unique blue in the uniforms and it adds just that little something that can be sick. 

HKN_Hurricanes_Jets_20181014.jpg

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

God....that Jets third has to be the laziest jersey design I'v seen in the last 10 or so years. Maybe more.

Why didn't they just go with the actual retro Jets sweater? Probably wanted to be able to sell the original as well as this third jersey (AKA $$$).

2 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Why didn't they just go with the actual retro Jets sweater? Probably wanted to be able to sell the original as well as this third jersey (AKA $$$).

Which is what everyone is thinking the moment they saw those.

But seriously, I like the aviator blue and striping. But dammit that is just so plain and uninspiring. Any Jets fan that spends their hard-earned money on that is a fool.

I'm not gonna say how I really feel...

1 minute ago, ULTIMA said:

Which is what everyone is thinking the moment they saw those.

But seriously, I like the aviator blue and striping. But dammit that is just so plain and uninspiring. Any Jets fan that spends their hard-earned money on that is a fool.

I'm not gonna say how I really feel...

Hahaha

The aviator blue is great too and I actually like Brossoit's mask, but overall the uniforms and his pads are just way too -- what's the word -- clean?

Joking aside, they are too boring. Sometimes simple is taken too far.

Archived