2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

No I completely agree with the fact that it has nothing to do with age, but the Velcro elastic on the knee strap is double sided and the elastic on the calf has that carbon fiber where it starts. Maybe they have to make it from scratch?? Again it’s not really much different but that might be the case

I answered this as I was about to log out of my computer at work so I didn't give it much thought.  If by "carbon fiber where it starts" you mean the weave jenpro tab that attaches the ring clip for the elastic strap to fold back then that shouldn't matter.  And what exactly do you mean by the knee is double sided?  Do you mean there are two elastic straps sewn together?  If so, that is also how my knee strap is.  

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I answered this as I was about to log out of my computer at work so I didn't give it much thought.  If by "carbon fiber where it starts" you mean the weave jenpro tab that attaches the ring clip for the elastic strap to fold back then that shouldn't matter.  And what exactly do you mean by the knee is double sided?  Do you mean there are two elastic straps sewn together?  If so, that is also how my knee strap is.  

I mean there is both sides of the Velcro on one side, and this is the calf strap I mean where there’s a carbon insert inside the weave/jenpro. 

770B24A5-1273-4D6E-9243-9F6C8DF32EAA.jpeg

Jake Allen 

41272381_10156635574499819_1553445978260

Thanks Jake! I love to be your mask artist!1f64f_1f3fb.png??2764.png❤️ This bucket was so fun to paint, it is built on Jake´s nickname Jake The Snake…1f40d.png?! Jake I and brainstormed during the summer how to create it1f504.png?, we wanted to do it with snakes, but in a new style, something never done1f914.png?… How about a snake skin creating the beautiful Blues logo1f3ba.png?1f3bc.png?... We built on that and came up with a plan. Something very raw and rough and aggressive1f44a_1f3fb.png??..., something which live and breath Jake The Snake… I love to try to paint in different styles and my goal is always to try to be like a paint chameleon1f98e.png?. Every new mask is a new and unique story. It is also created as a DaveArt 2-in-1 design, on a distance it has one look, and when you come closer1f440.png?1f50d.png? you enter the rollercoaster1f3a2.png? of extreme detail work… 1f642.png:) And for sure it is loaded with all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX2728.png✨, among the the 434_20e3.png4️⃣-D Experience… @34jallen @stlouisblues @daveart @nhl #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity#DaveArtThePaintNerd

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Sara at PAW can help you with some new straps.

Between the stories like yours and @ULTIMA and Mike Vaughn’s delusional rant about Carey Price after switching from Vaughn products, Vaughn is a company I am not quick to do business with any longer. Yes- I am one of three people who love their cowlings (which now you can’t get replacement Step Steel for any longer), but the attitude coming across is not congruent with a company in which I would want to do business with. 

Bunny,

I gave up on my Vaughn skates but what do you mean you cant get replacement step steel? Do you mean from Vaughn directly? I got my Vaughn step steel from a place call Hockey Services. They're located in Michigan. The step steel that I got from them had the Vaughn logo on them.

2 minutes ago, goalieworld35 said:

Bunny,

I gave up on my Vaughn skates but what do you mean you cant get replacement step steel? Do you mean from Vaughn directly? I got my Vaughn step steel from a place call Hockey Services. They're located in Michigan. The step steel that I got from them had the Vaughn logo on them.

Step is not making new Vaughn steel. I may try that place you had mentioned. I have three pair that have a DLC-like coating on them. I would not mind a fourth pair of extremes.

11 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Jake Allen 

41272381_10156635574499819_1553445978260

Thanks Jake! I love to be your mask artist!1f64f_1f3fb.png??2764.png❤️ This bucket was so fun to paint, it is built on Jake´s nickname Jake The Snake…1f40d.png?! Jake I and brainstormed during the summer how to create it1f504.png?, we wanted to do it with snakes, but in a new style, something never done1f914.png?… How about a snake skin creating the beautiful Blues logo1f3ba.png?1f3bc.png?... We built on that and came up with a plan. Something very raw and rough and aggressive1f44a_1f3fb.png??..., something which live and breath Jake The Snake… I love to try to paint in different styles and my goal is always to try to be like a paint chameleon1f98e.png?. Every new mask is a new and unique story. It is also created as a DaveArt 2-in-1 design, on a distance it has one look, and when you come closer1f440.png?1f50d.png? you enter the rollercoaster1f3a2.png? of extreme detail work… 1f642.png:) And for sure it is loaded with all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX2728.png✨, among the the 434_20e3.png4️⃣-D Experience… @34jallen @stlouisblues @daveart @nhl #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity#DaveArtThePaintNerd

qCN8ARo.jpg

I'm not into Lou's "true gold" setup. I don't usually mind when goalies have their own subtle spin on a color setup, but his just seems misdirected. 

I liked his look last year with the navy and "sand-gold" color. I wouldn't mind if he went down to just the sand-gold... I mean, it wouldn't scream 'Florida Panthers', but it's still a look based on the team colors. But the true-gold color just doesn't match anything in the uniform, and I don't think it's going to look good with the uniforms. Seemed like he was more into matching his mask's cage/window than the team uniform.

13 hours ago, stackem30 said:

I'm not into Lou's "true gold" setup. I don't usually mind when goalies have their own subtle spin on a color setup, but his just seems misdirected. 

I liked his look last year with the navy and "sand-gold" color. I wouldn't mind if he went down to just the sand-gold... I mean, it wouldn't scream 'Florida Panthers', but it's still a look based on the team colors. But the true-gold color just doesn't match anything in the uniform, and I don't think it's going to look good with the uniforms. Seemed like he was more into matching his mask's cage/window than the team uniform.

If I could have that true gold for a solid coloured pad, I would have that to be totally pimpalicious!!!!

6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

If I could have that true gold for a solid coloured pad, I would have that to be totally pimpalicious!!!!

Marty Turco approves! Kinda... those pads were a cross between the color Lu had last year, and his new 'true-gold' bling.

I have nothing against the true-gold, or goalies taking a unique approach to choosing which of their team's colors they want to embrace. But at a certain point, someone should buy Luongo a beer, let him know that there's no shiny gold in his team's unis, and inform him that his equipment manager needs to order some new pads that feature at last one (1) non-white color from his team's uniforms.

16 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Marty Turco approves! Kinda... those pads were a cross between the color Lu had last year, and his new 'true-gold' bling.

I have nothing against the true-gold, or goalies taking a unique approach to choosing which of their team's colors they want to embrace. But at a certain point, someone should buy Luongo a beer, let him know that there's no shiny gold in his team's unis, and inform him that his equipment manager needs to order some new pads that feature at last one (1) non-white color from his team's uniforms.

Lu's pads have always been a topic of discussion, especially for his time here in Vancouver.

It's been a long time since he's rocked some real colour in his gear.

luongo-300.jpg.e4a697e8e0ed8192cac514e4b2100c40.jpg

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

I’m with you on Lu Lu’s stuff. 

41540310_10156644847929819_1548577259168

Today we have the pleasure to unleash John Gibson’s latest Ducks mask1f44a_1f3fb.png??1f424.png?. John knew for sure what he wanted on this bucket. He wanted it to be a tribute to the 25 years anniversary of the Ducks32_20e3.png2️⃣35_20e3.png5️⃣. We brainstormed and came up with a plan1f914.png?. Big and in focus is the Ducks 25 logo, created in shiny gold colors2728.png✨. And all is surrounded by the Ducks colors and the classic Ducks logo on the top created in a cool sketchy style270d_1f3fb.png?2764.png❤️. As the true paint nerd I am I just love to go full nerd mode with all the detail work...1f913.png?Thanks John! 1f64f_1f3fb.png?? @johngibson36 @anaheimducks @nhl @daveart #DaveArtThePaintNerd#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity

Philipp Grubauer

41442387_10156641876359819_2309353449193

Today we have the pleasure to release the latest avalanche from the Rocky Mountains: we unleash Philipp Grubauer´s first and new Colorado Avalanche mask26f0.png1f5fb.png?2744.png❄️. Grubi and I have been working together for many years1f4aa_1f3fb.png??, and this is his eleventh chapter in his latest Grubi series of masks, and his first Avs mask1f44a_1f3fb.png??. The design is inspired from The Rocky mountains, and very much inspired from the awesome team jerseys and team logo1f60e.png?. All created in a mix of vintage effects, classic airbrush and sketches270d_1f3fb.png?. And just as usual the design is loaded with all the DaveArt Trademark Super FX2728.png✨, among them the DaveArt 34_20e3.png4️⃣-D Experience...1f913.png?Thanks Grubi! 1f64f_1f3fb.png?? @philippgrubauer31 @coloradoavalanche @nhl @daveart #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity#DaveArtThePaintNerd 1f913.png?

Archived