2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of the "paint a guy's face and mask on my mask" thing. It's kind of a tired concept at this point. It was cool when Steve Shields first did it in Boston. Price's rendition was nightmarishly (and laughably) bad. Markstrom's is fine, it's just kinda 'Eh, seen it before' in 2018.

But I'll be goddamned if that Mike Smith Vernon tribute isn't the coolest mask I've seen this year. Add my name to the list of admirers... perfectly executed. Awesome.

@coopaloop1234, I somehow missed this Naz vs. SaveByRichter cage-match thing that I'm supposed to narrate, and I don't see anything in the thread... whatnow? Happy to provide some creative snark when needed, but I need more context.

Jake Allen looking a-freaking-mazing in this gear with these beautiful third jerseys.

In my opinion one of the best all-time NHL jerseys.

His taste in colors for his gear is pretty great, even though he made the switch to white based gear from his awesome dark based gear.

Screenshot_20181006-220445_Samsung Internet.jpg

44 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Jake Allen looking a-freaking-mazing in this gear with these beautiful third jerseys.

His taste in colors for his gear is pretty great, even though he made the switch to white based gear from his awesome dark based gear.

Is Vaughn allowing custom graphics on VE8 stuff now?

17 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Officially, no, not yet, last I heard.

They're also not skinning non-VE8 stuff with VE8 graphics, officially.

Looks like Allen's blocker at least is a custom graphic VE8.

Personally much prefer the "old school" graphic that Allen has to the actual VE8 graphic. Vaughn consistently has the worst graphics in my opinion, but I still like what they offer being a fan of their glove breaks and soft pads.

9 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Personally much prefer the "old school" graphic that Allen has to the actual VE8 graphic. Vaughn consistently has the worst graphics in my opinion, but I still like what they offer being a fan of their glove breaks and soft pads.

I like their vertical stitch pads a lot.

I do appreciate the move to the VE8 graphic away from tribal graphics that had a long, redundant run.

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I like their vertical stitch pads a lot.

I do appreciate the move to the VE8 graphic away from tribal graphics that had a long, redundant run.

Yeah, the tribal graphics are the worst. I prefer the SLR and whatever Quick has. Too many weird names.

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

The vertical stitching on that ??

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

Not my "cup-of-tea". The baby blue mask would go better with Penguin baby blue.

And i found trying to watch the game, the uniforms seemed blurry in while motion. 

Still dont think Allen is an A1 goalie.  More like a James Reimer/Benier/Elliott.  Just cant quite get i done as the prime guy.  

IMHO.

Archived