Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Ryan Millers pads for the alternates 

4B15BCC4-E371-46E6-A641-9F1370891CD4.jpeg

Four things:

1) Best jerseys in the league. Should be their full time shirts.

2) Wish Gibson did something a little more, or different, on his pads. That mask is excellent.

3) I see zero different in the chest protectors here. That's what they should look like.

4) After watching Gibson this season, as awkward as he sometimes looks, I'm coming around on him. 

I am pretty positive on Gibson right now, too.  I agree he looks so good in those jerseys and his mask is perfect.  I like the touch of the purple on the inside of his blocker.

He honestly looks like a beer league goalie, quite a lot, which is great to see.

On the scale of modernity in terms of style I feel like he still has some old school, not so technically textbook moments and that makes him pretty fun to watch.  He's much less robotic...as is the starting goalie just up the road from him. 

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I am pretty positive on Gibson right now, too.  I agree he looks so good in those jerseys and his mask is perfect.  I like the touch of the purple on the inside of his blocker.

He honestly looks like a beer league goalie, quite a lot, which is great to see.

On the scale of modernity in terms of style I feel like he still has some old school, not so technically textbook moments and that makes him pretty fun to watch.  He's much less robotic...as is the starting goalie just up the road from him. 

I think Gibson is pretty robotic, but he also isn't afraid to just make a save even if it looks beer league. He's look incredibly patient this season thus far. He makes his shoulders look so big too, which is why I think guys struggle to find room on him.

He reminds me of a former Duck's goalie. Any guesses?

pi-wings-lose-100918.jpg

4 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Yep! Similar frames, similar patient feet. Same awkward battling skills lol.

Haha.

I would classify Giguere as robotic but not Gibson.

By robotic I mean: of all the saves made how many are predictable and look the same. 

I feel like Guguere was more of a blocker, let the puck hit me type of goalie. 

Gibson is more of a lunger, going after the puck. 

I could be convinced otherwise. We should have a detailed video analysis section on here :)

2 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Giguere had plenty of neck... but when your shoulder floaters come up off your shoulders by 7", it creates the illusion of not having a neck ;)

Ah, yes.  Thanks for the clarification.  

That's why he looks like a turtle/humpback troll, ha.

for Jiggy, it's actually less his shoulder floaters and more that he hunches his shoulders high to make himself look bigger. He's only about 6'1, and with no hip flexibility, he had to find a way to look bigger and wider. Hence his stance. I saw a video of him practicing the Tpush and C cut on youtube, with no gear, and his stance is super wide, to the point where it looked really weird.

4 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

It might be me, but that looks to be the wrong shade of teal (Sharks) on Miller's pads.

You mean Gibson, eh?

Good eye.  That does look like Shark's teal.   The teal on the jersey is much more green than the much more blue teal on the pads.

There's also no purple in the new jerseys, but there is on the mask and blocker. 

image.thumb.png.4c09a60e30fe586ac0cef858c001b479.png

Archived