2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, gp34 said:

I like the Jets third uniforms, if it was a beer league team.  That team would just be swag lol.  If they wanted to have it look like a retro jersey I would have figured out a way to incorporate an old fighter jet like the CF-100 Canuck or the legendary Avro Arrow.  Same colouring and place the word mark underneath. 

Quoting a few days old comment, I know, but that's the jersey one of my beer league team uses albeit with a different logo due to the team name. They were using it prior to the Jets releasing that as their thirds though.

12 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

As cool as the concept of printing old pads on new pads is, I think we should just stick with modern looking designs for the Bauer pads. I'm aware I started some of this controversy. My bad. Lol

You didn't start it, BAUER did.  Just kidding, sorta.

I don't think there's any controversy. 

We're all here to discuss and talk s*it and express our opinions.  We all love goalie gear and we all have different tastes and thoughts. 

I'm glad you brought it up.  It's extremely relevant and noteworthy.  I don't have to like it, but I do have to contend with it on some level.

So thanks.

This is one of least hostile website forums I've ever seen in my life in terms of personal mudslinging.  It's very respectful in here.

And really we're just talking about the way something looks.

I'd never say "Bauer gear is crap" but I would say "to me that looks like crap."

See the difference?

:)

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

This is one of least hostile website forums I've ever seen in my life in terms of personal mudslinging.  It's very respectful in here.

In that case; I strongly dislike Bauer and everything they make (excluding helmets). The stupid textured fabric on their gloves and pads is useless and doesn't serve much purpose in aesthetics either. There, now that's done. I like Vaughn and CCM pads ?.

I use Warrior sticks and knee pads, Bauer mask, jock, and skates, and Vaughn for everything else. 

Their gloves/pads intrigue me, but honestly, the way I feel about them is kinda like when someone is so blatantly, obviously attractive and you're excitedly drawn to them but at the end of the day you think "yeah, but....do I really want to spend time with you and talk?"

If I could attend a gear demo day, I'd go to Warrior first.  Hands down.

3 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I would like to try a set of Brian's pads (and maybe the Bauers to see why people like them).

That picture is priceless.

New Bauer stuff looks so flimsy to me, as in I feel I'd be in danger. There's something about thin and flat that just doesn't connect with me.

Little late to the party but back to the subject of Bauer's printed graphics. I love that they're using this technology to bring back their classic 90's and early 00's graphics such as Reactors and Supremes.   I've said it before and I will say it again, what they need to do is stop printing a picture of a pad and just print the damn graphic itself.  Stop making it look like a pad on a pad.  Just print the damn graphic on the pads.

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Love this pic of Gibson looking beer league.

gibson.PNG

Not seeing the beer league, but he does have an awkwardness sometimes. I've come full circle on him. He's been amazing this year so far. Last year too. He stops so many high quality chances. That Stars game he was nuts.

45 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Not seeing the beer league, but he does have an awkwardness sometimes. I've come full circle on him. He's been amazing this year so far. Last year too. He stops so many high quality chances. That Stars game he was nuts.

It looks sloppy , asymmetrical,  and very reactive, especially with the paddle down. I love it and and not knocking it, but if there's such a thing as textbook NHL butterfly goaltending,  it isn't Gibson.

It's more this

soft-goalie-pads-1.jpg

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Little late to the party but back to the subject of Bauer's printed graphics. I love that they're using this technology to bring back their classic 90's and early 00's graphics such as Reactors and Supremes.   I've said it before and I will say it again, what they need to do is stop printing a picture of a pad and just print the damn graphic itself.  Stop making it look like a pad on a pad.  Just print the damn graphic on the pads.

Agreed.

The vintage thing looks terrible as an all inclusive cover.

This, while not for me, is completely legit.

44319278_350553062178720_1579044387071983616_n.thumb.jpg.f430e068c6e4bb510983938a466411cc.jpg

Just now, Max27 said:

black out stick being tested by lehner in isles warmups. does this begin his insane gear testing he was doing last year??IMG_0109.thumb.jpg.0bfd678f849f54dd7c1f7c1aa82fa9af.jpg

he looks so small bc of the camera angle-

rushed off the couch to grab a pick in bc i noticed that

Archived