2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get what's beer-league or priceless about that picture... Looks like he's making a nice save.

I get why the paddle-down not a very popular move in 2018, but I watched plenty of pros use it very effectively for a pretty long time. Just because it's not en vogue right now doesn't make it a stupid save, or an amateur one. At the end of the day, there's no wrong way to make a save. Or eat a Reese's. Goddamn, it's going to be tough not to open that Halloween candy my wife bought for trick or treaters...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, seagoal said:

New Bauer stuff looks so flimsy to me, as in I feel I'd be in danger. There's something about thin and flat that just doesn't connect with me.

@ThatCarGuy the Bauer stuff definitely isn't for everyone, but I can assure you that they feel anything but flimsy (outside of the 1S knee stack which is already gone) and are worth giving a go if they intrigue you

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get what's beer-league or priceless about that picture... Looks like he's making a nice save.

I get why the paddle-down not a very popular move in 2018, but I watched plenty of pros use it very effectively for a pretty long time. Just because it's not en vogue right now doesn't make it a stupid save, or an amateur one. At the end of the day, there's no wrong way to make a save. Or eat a Reese's. Goddamn, it's going to be tough not to open that Halloween candy my wife bought for trick or treaters...

But you can be a trick or treat every night. Do it. Doooo it. 

15 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Not seeing the beer league, but he does have an awkwardness sometimes. I've come full circle on him. He's been amazing this year so far. Last year too. He stops so many high quality chances. That Stars game he was nuts.

It's the Reebok skates. Beer league as fuck.

3 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Fair enough.

No disagreements with what you've said.

Gibson is just a more unorthodox, less robotic, less symmetrical, more reactive goalie in my eyes and that snapshot captured that perfectly. As a fun way of characterizing that, I called that beer league. 

No implied judgements or stratification on my end.

10 hours ago, seagoal said:

Great shot of Murray looking intense in his shutout return from injury.

Very fun game to watch.

20181019_084739.jpg

Say what you want, but I'll always love a simple set like this with a tiny pop of colour. Yellow wouldn't be my first choice when making my own setup, but hey, it looks pretty darn cool I think.

46 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Say what you want, but I'll always love a simple set like this with a tiny pop of colour. Yellow wouldn't be my first choice when making my own setup, but hey, it looks pretty darn cool I think.

Agreed.  Especially with the white jersey.

31 minutes ago, Math. said:

Agreed.  Especially with the white jersey.

Fully agree.

Not a fan typically of white based gear but Murray nails it with the white sweater.

Honestly,  it's the yellow center on his mask that makes the whole look pop and vibe with continuity.

Plus, sport gold is my jam.

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Is that yours?

That is a bad ass looking mask.

It is. 

It's a basic NME3 that doesn't sees too much action unfortunately because I got a better mask since.  The design is really what got me on this one.  Swapped the cage and added 4 strips of black electrical tape to further enhance the contrasts of the pattern.  It's amazing how much difference 4 simple black strips will make!

01_24_47_Pro.jpg

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

D3DD633D-B69A-4929-8992-63C58C12E737.jpeg

AB6DCB0D-2C50-4456-BC89-FFA7CC508F3A.jpeg

4535C39A-ABA3-4E8E-AB04-B1F81C474622.jpeg

3E3DDD56-19A1-4401-B180-B96FBF4F5B32.jpeg

E05FB107-AD2A-451D-91DF-5271451B3125.jpeg

80C4E73B-3376-4707-BA94-9AC33EC69B8E.jpeg

5654D1E3-1E33-444E-A643-1C322668860D.jpeg

563A5278-375B-4618-9E50-51574CAA40A7.jpeg

People need to stop printing logos and graphics on their gear, that's the most hideous trend.  Again, this is but one man's opinion but to me, that's as ugly as European goalie gear chuckfull of sponsor logos.

If you wanna get creative, that's what your bucket's for, otherwise keep it simple and "clean" (sorry @ULTIMA, I had to!).

17 minutes ago, Math. said:

People need to stop printing logos and graphics on their gear, that's the most hideous trend.  Again, this is but one man's opinion but to me, that's as ugly as European goalie gear chuckfull of sponsor logos.

If you wanna get creative, that's what your bucket's for, otherwise keep it simple and "clean" (sorry @ULTIMA, I had to!).

It’s just like flag designs; all those flags that have a complicated coat of arms or the like are the forgettable ones, but the ones that a 4 year old can replicate are well known.

Archived