2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kind of funny.  The Mckennas and the white and sport gold 2S are both my sets now.  I can tell you that the McKennas are in no way a stock 2S pad.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:49 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm so glad you asked:

USATSI_10293757-1024x683.jpg

On 10/18/2018 at 8:59 PM, seagoal said:

Agreed.

The vintage thing looks terrible as an all inclusive cover.

This, while not for me, is completely legit.

44319278_350553062178720_1579044387071983616_n.thumb.jpg.f430e068c6e4bb510983938a466411cc.jpg

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

As in you own both of these sets?

LOL.  Yes, I own both sets (Well, just the McKenna legs).  The white and sport gold set pic is in my front entry way.  The McKenna's are incredibly soft for a 2S and seem to be a tweener size between medium and large.

18 minutes ago, beansbats said:

LOL.  Yes, I own both sets (Well, just the McKenna legs).  The white and sport gold set pic is in my front entry way.  The McKenna's are incredibly soft for a 2S and seem to be a tweener size between medium and large.

You wouldn't mind shipping a set to Dallas on "accident" would you? lol

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha. 

I had no idea who that was and had to look it up, but, yes, good call.

image.thumb.png.173bf110fd29044e51d0f09b137d602e.png

"I love the colorways on this jersey.  It must be a +2 in the rise and he's probably wearing Pro Laces with that hip flex.  With the new rules, hope he doesn't get hurt in the clavicle area."

Nah, had to try.  It just doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

Are the islanders gonna wear the Gordon’s Fisherman unis again?  

theyre not unfortunatley. Noticed the fisherman logo on Lehners ¨My Reality¨ mask, which fully described his substance abuse issue and the demons he was fighting were refected thru the top of it. on the sides it has the fisherman logos and a swedish death metal band inflames.

they released their alternate and its like their 2015 stadium series. 

Wouldve been awesome if they did though. Second pic is their alternate. There was a lot of speculation of it, unfortunately they wasted a really good opportunity.

Islanders-Jersey-Classic-Collection-1.jpg

Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 10.33.40 PM.png

18 hours ago, Max27 said:

theyre not unfortunatley. Noticed the fisherman logo on Lehners ¨My Reality¨ mask, which fully described his substance abuse issue and the demons he was fighting were refected thru the top of it. on the sides it has the fisherman logos and a swedish death metal band inflames.

they released their alternate and its like their 2015 stadium series. 

Wouldve been awesome if they did though. Second pic is their alternate. There was a lot of speculation of it, unfortunately they wasted a really good opportunity.

Islanders-Jersey-Classic-Collection-1.jpg

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « new york islanders fisherman homer simpson »

Eh, I think they are pretty bad. That logo is pretty embarrassing. The teal is not a good compliment to royal blue and orange. The 'waves' on the shoulder and shoulders remind me a little bit of toothpaste clipart. From a design perspective, they are pandering 90's garbage. In the larger sense, they are a fitting symbol for an organization that had lost hold of its identity, and was entering a long stretch of embarrassment and amateurism.

But nostalgia is a powerful sentiment. Once enough time has past, the 'kitsch' factor begins to emerge, and something becomes fashionable, in that somewhat ironic, tongue-in-cheek way. We look at those Isles jerseys, and they're ugly... but they're a beautiful kind of ugly, something familiar that reminds us of a past time. It happens all the time. So many jerseys that we now consider to be beautiful, or "retro" — California Golden Seals come to mind — were once seen as pretty mediocre, with all the garish colors and trappings of your typical 70's jerseys. And they are that... but enough time has passed that they are now appreciated in a new light.

I think that's what most people are feeling when it comes to those Isles jerseys. I just wouldn't go as far as to say they're "not that bad". But that's just me.

Archived