2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

35 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

That Seattle thread devolved into "Durr, buncha gawdamned librul hipster snowflakes in Seattle!!!1" pretty quickly. I stopped checking in.

I think I heard that the orca motif was more or less imposed by Orca Bay Entertainment, the company that owns the Canucks and Rogers Arena. But a cursory glance at their Wikipedia page says they've changed their name.

There was some of that, but mostly it was about colors and names.

Orcas are certainly relevant up there in the Pacific....South West of Canada, but it is a stretch from the actual name of the team.  I wasn't aware of the ownership situation. 

P.S.  Do you Canadians call Vancouver the Pacific South West, is that a thing?  I'm always thinking when we Americans say that Vancouver, BC is in the Pacific North West "but, it's...another...country......"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Orcas are certainly relevant up there in the Pacific....South West of Canada, but it is a stretch from the actual name of the team.  I wasn't aware of the ownership situation. 

P.S.  Do you Canadians call Vancouver the Pacific South West, is that a thing?  I'm always thinking when we Americans say that Vancouver, BC is in the Pacific North West "but, it's...another...country......"

It's the Pacific Northwest ya dope.

If we did the northwest coast of canada, it would be the arctic, or almost the arctic.

No, Vancouver is in Southwestern Canada, not Northwestern Canada.

We say Seattle is in the Pacific Northwest.    You should say Vancouver is in the Pacific Southwest.

Saying Vancouver is the Pacific Northwest implies to the United States. 

Now you take back that dope remark.

:)

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

He was so much fun to watch.

The shootout out save on Malkin gave me the feels.

same. so fun to watch him

so happy for him and lehner that theyre doing so good. both are top 10 in save% and top 15 in gaa 

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

So Wikipedia is Americacentric.

Noted.

I maintain it is a disrespectful nomenclature for Canada because what is called North is your South.

Virtual handshake.

And yet we are both in the Northern Hemisphere.

But are we the West? Or the East? Because to India, we're both east, or west.

Are we North for Australians since they're all upside down?

When does it end?

38 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

When does it end?

In about 12 years according to UN scientists. 

On a related note, some AHL set ups.:

45273693_10156804037033114_8333125771384

Thomas "30th Overall" McCollum

44154355_10156768669768114_1026277448922

Dansk Dansk Revolution 

44913588_10156790833178114_6543870974582

Tristan Jarry (AKA Martin Jones Jr.)

44106597_10156481383951013_6618454009390825472_n (1).jpg

Callum "I Have His Seadogs 1X Pads (Also For Sale)" Booth 

And one from OHL:

1014Wolftracks.jpg&w=840&h=576

Ukko Pekka-Rammalamma Ding Dong

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I'm in Vancouver, and we don't really refer any of the territories as "pacific south west, etc etc". 

I don' t think the orca thing's going to fly since we still use the emblem..... LOL. 

12 minutes ago, ruckus007 said:

I'm in Vancouver, and we don't really refer any of the territories as "pacific south west, etc etc". 

I don' t think the orca thing's going to fly since we still use the emblem..... LOL. 

Same and usually we don't call it the Pacific Northwest at all... Just Vancouver. I think that whole naming scheme is more for Eastern Americans, since we don't call that area the Atlantic Northeast now do we?

5 hours ago, goalie381 said:

If you're going to print graphics on pads, this is what you do, something that really can't be sewn, I like it.

Agreed with that rationale. I like the printing, but when it’s too simply it’s silly.

i love the ghosted skylines Bauer is adding to lots of pads 

13 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Was just about to post this. What a game from him! 

such an exciting and anxiety filled game to watch live 

12 hours ago, seagoal said:

That was such a ballsy poke check, especially how he started so far from the right.

Super fun watching him that game.

element of surprise

1 hour ago, Math. said:

Holy crap, Price's red gear with Montreal's red shirt ? ?

I saw it too! Kinda funny to hear them in the broadcast saying “sharp-eyed fans may have noticed something different about Carey Price...” FFS, man; sharp eyed fans noticed tonight... How precious! Us goalies have been waiting all year, knowing he had the reds ready to go.

Pickard new set on the right. Previous version was Pad Skinz

344534B5-D088-4FE5-969A-0AD5D562B795.thumb.jpeg.b385f8eaf1e8433428d015466cdf3ee2.jpeg

Price’s #SolidColoredPadsCrew makes game action. This is fascinating to me because I heard from outlets / sources that these were just for practice. Fascinated to know why he changed. Especially with how great he’s playing.

BF98BA4B-8B38-4C5E-88FF-DF8FF4E52A96.thumb.jpeg.bc65e9faba3ad82e68ce73f5b2a7ad2c.jpeg

McKenna in his “design my pads” content winning set 

F798CE3C-8BE0-422F-B1F0-6062B9532651.thumb.jpeg.15201bf293b05e13ceca41dae449ef02.jpeg

D8B3D8E0-075D-40A8-92B6-CA1C988DCEBA.thumb.jpeg.7eace896d6daad673823b05548148415.jpeg

Archived