2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

I'm the same with Brian's and Bauer for gloves and pads. Zero interest and really turned off by aesthetics.

Nothing terribly rational beyond that.

Outside of Vaughn if I had 2500 bucks to spend carelessly I'd go with Warrior.  In terms of functionality it seems the most radically different.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, seagoal said:

I'm the same with Brian's and Bauer for gloves and pads. Zero interest and really turned off by aesthetics.

Nothing terribly rational beyond that.

Outside of Vaughn if I had 2500 bucks to spend carelessly I'd go with Warrior.  In terms of functionality it seems the most radically different.

Bauer I totally get. I don't understand Brian's though. 

46 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

You'd like to think people could figure out that when I state my opinion that it is MY opinion, but maybe not. 

I'd attribute any misunderstanding to your usage of the word 'literally'... I know everyone's decided it's okay to misuse the word to death, but it usually implies a level of objectivity, where there's no room for other interpretations. 

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

I'd attribute any misunderstanding to your usage of the word 'literally'... I know everyone's decided it's okay to misuse the word to death, but it usually implies a level of objectivity, where there's no room for other interpretations. 

That's fine, though it was used correctly in this case. Literally nothing about Vaughn is appealing to me. 

Just watching SKA St Petersburg vs Kunlan in a pre season game and noticed that Magnus Hellberg is in the new Brians model pads; similar to last year when he was the first to give us a good look at the Optiks. I think its fair to assume these are probably a custom graphic, but you can tell they are the new model as they have the same thigh rise striping as Parsons' set and although its not in the pics, on the stream you can see that they also have the new strapping set up. Neither the pads nor blocker have a model designation on them, so either Brians are still keeping that under wraps or like the Optik last year are still throwing a few different ideas around.

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.04.48.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.06.04.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.07.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.12.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.13.00.png

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

Just watching SKA St Petersburg vs Kunlan in a pre season game and noticed that Magnus Hellberg is in the new Brians model pads; similar to last year when he was the first to give us a good look at the Optiks. I think its fair to assume these are probably a custom graphic, but you can tell they are the new model as they have the same thigh rise striping as Parsons' set and although its not in the pics, on the stream you can see that they also have the new strapping set up. Neither the pads nor blocker have a model designation on them, so either Brians are still keeping that under wraps or like the Optik last year are still throwing a few different ideas around.

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.04.48.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.06.04.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.07.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.12.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.13.00.png

Without seeing the strapping or wraps, I can’t comfirm what these are 

This is not the new retail graphic. I can confirm that. 

If you zoom in on the T, it says Optik but it’s a Thief T. 

Blocker sidewalk looks split, which is different than Optik. 

Regardless, great pics! Set looks clean 

2 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Just watching SKA St Petersburg vs Kunlan in a pre season game

On a semi-related note, where do you watch KHL? Between them blocking their YouTube highlights in the US (eventually not working on proxy sites either), and the secret place I used to be able to watch games at, I've been starving to see some KHL action again.

33 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

Haha I knew was onto something when Brians re-posted the 1st of those pics above on their instagram!

Heres the best look yet - definitely look like a Gnetik lineage pad:

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 19.02.47.png

Pretty sure they got the IG pic from here! 

3 hours ago, Moose75 said:

On a semi-related note, where do you watch KHL? Between them blocking their YouTube highlights in the US (eventually not working on proxy sites either), and the secret place I used to be able to watch games at, I've been starving to see some KHL action again.

These pre-season tournaments have just been promoted through the english KHL twitter feed with links to VK (i think thats like the russian facebook) streams which appear to be global - i'm in the UK. Although that said they didn't put a link up for todays so i had to find it on onhockey.tv. 

Used to be able to watch a whole host of games for free online through Laola1 - a german tv channel - but they appeared to pull the deal last season, so i had to chase around on various crappy streams, usually from onhockey.tv, to watch jokerit games!

Archived