2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s Hellebuyk’s P2

This custom Spec is more in line with  a legacy XLT than a current P2. 

FE920BC0-CF85-4893-B394-BAF5E9F6E011.thumb.jpeg.481541fd31b310053747141d64c61b8f.jpeg

Hank is testing composite sticks this summer. He has many different specs, including a stock 1X. To my knowledge, all sticks have a 1X wrap 

B1C65D90-A916-438D-A38A-2AABFE990466.thumb.jpeg.e6aec07e124bb35d33a41db838857cd3.jpeg

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, raucebyalien said:

Just watching SKA St Petersburg vs Kunlan in a pre season game and noticed that Magnus Hellberg is in the new Brians model pads; similar to last year when he was the first to give us a good look at the Optiks. I think its fair to assume these are probably a custom graphic, but you can tell they are the new model as they have the same thigh rise striping as Parsons' set and although its not in the pics, on the stream you can see that they also have the new strapping set up. Neither the pads nor blocker have a model designation on them, so either Brians are still keeping that under wraps or like the Optik last year are still throwing a few different ideas around.

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.04.48.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.06.04.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.07.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.12.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.13.00.png

Beautiful pads!

However in regards to Brian's and any new products I think they need to focus on their existing line and stop coming out with new products ever 6-12 months!

11 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Beautiful pads!

However in regards to Brian's and any new products I think they need to focus on their existing line and stop coming out with new products ever 6-12 months!

So don't do what the industry does?

I mean, most manufactures comes out with a revamped version of an existing line every 2 years and the generally have two lines. So every 12 months. 

Or, we're you referring how the Optik just came out and they're bringing out another new line? Kind of like the 1S and then followed by the 1X?

Either way, I don't see what Brian's is doing as too different from the rest of the industry. My only real question was why bother with the amalgamation of the Gnetik and SZ lines into the Optik line if they were just going to release another line? Wasn't the whole point of the FLY/FLX cores to simplify the process for the consumer and company?

2 hours ago, Big2 said:

Beautiful pads!

You lost me here... Brian's comes out with 1 line per year, like every company in the Industry. Brian's has a difference release cycle and the release at the start of the NHL schedule. Everyone else does the Spring. 

Does Brian's have an specific issue with their product functionality? 

Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, your son ordered his gear at this time last year and it was right before Optik. If you were to order Brian's right now, you would just miss the new Fall launch 2019 pad. This pad is NOT an Optik replacement. Similarly to CCM having EF3 and Premier, Brians will have Optik and XXX. 

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Helite Z tribute set... Kinda would work... too bad we don't have flat knee rolls 

I think that would look pretty sweet. Channelling Al Montoya when he had style... 

montoya2.jpgDD6lsNyV0AAH2JN.jpg

I'm already thinking of doing something based on this but with purple maybe instead of black. If only I had the money lol.

fetch?id=2870076&d=1398262969

If it ain't broke... although classic. White based gear? boo

Image result for blackhawks goalies

"What's wrong wit the gear you got? It look pretty goooood.

I ain't ever hear anyone complain about the gear you got. 

Brian's... uh what the name some the other ones... Brian's and what else? (in background) Bauer. CCM.

It look pretty good don't it?!"

29 minutes ago, MTH said:

If it ain't broke... although classic. White based gear? boo

Image result for blackhawks goalies

"What's wrong wit the gear you got? It look pretty goooood.

I ain't ever hear anyone complain about the gear you got. 

Brian's... uh what the name some the other ones... Brian's and what else? (in background) Bauer. CCM.

It look pretty good don't it?!"

Check this out; stay with it  and you’ll laugh your ass off!!!!

On 8/8/2018 at 12:55 PM, Moose75 said:

I think that would look pretty sweet. Channelling Al Montoya when he had style... 

montoya2.jpgDD6lsNyV0AAH2JN.jpg

I'm already thinking of doing something based on this but with purple maybe instead of black. If only I had the money lol.

fetch?id=2870076&d=1398262969

Not buying that stuff in it's day is one of my few gear regrets... stop taunting me!!! 

10 hours ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, there's only so much you can do with boring colors. 

From what I understand and have heard the Kings management want boring white base gear.
Scrivens had that dark black base iceberg set and was promptly told to get rid of them from what I remember

Archived