2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Was at the game. Row 21 behind DiPietro.

That condensed game linked here really doesn't showcase how poor the Canucks play were. Vancouver did nothing to help Dipietro out. It was embarrassing/

I bet they were just as nervous thinking "shit we can't make any mistakes tonight". And of course once you think that, mistakes happen and happen a lot.

On a side note, Pettersson is so damn good that I wish VAN had a goalie I liked so I could watch more of him.

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Was at the game. Row 21 behind DiPietro.

That condensed game linked here really doesn't showcase how poor the Canucks play were. Vancouver did nothing to help Dipietro out. It was embarrassing/

Yeah, from everything I heard, they really did the kid zero favors, both in sticking him in the game, and in how they played in front of him. Rough way to make a debut, hopefully he's able to contextualize everything and move on.

28 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

I bet they were just as nervous thinking "shit we can't make any mistakes tonight". And of course once you think that, mistakes happen and happen a lot.On a side note, Pettersson is so damn good that I wish VAN had a goalie I liked so I could watch more of him.

Canucks do have the potential for a decent team in the next few years. Defense is definitely questionable at the moment and going forward.

There's a lot of hype around Demko, we'll have to see if the big yank will live up to it or not.

6 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Yeah, from everything I heard, they really did the kid zero favors, both in sticking him in the game, and in how they played in front of him. Rough way to make a debut, hopefully he's able to contextualize everything and move on.

I'm sure he's going to be ok. He seems to have a level head on his shoulders.

From reading how getting cut from team Canada two years ago led him to improve his work ethic and overall abilities that led him to one of the best OHL seasons ever for a goalies (owns record for shutouts and almost single handily dragged his team to a memorial cup win) and back onto the world juniors (where he played great despite the outcome). He seems like a kid that's able to recognize the ups and downs for the position, where he is in relation to his career and that having a tough mentality towards the ups and downs is necessary.

I have a good feeling about the kid.

The top comment really concerns me. I can't tell if this is a troll, or if people really are this clueless about goaltending.

"Calm and collected" does not describe young Quick's game at all. The only vague similarities I see was the aggressive depth, and his defense bailing him out after that rebound into the slot.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 10.58.08 AM.jpg

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

He's also like 3 times bigger than quick, it appears.  He plays very large, Quick plays very small.

I kinda like how his gear is not meant for those uniforms, but it sorta works in an odd way. 

image.png.b3d12569c1e2fe99b1624e9eb9719eaa.png

The irony is they are the same height, and Quick is bigger at 218 pounds. Boyle is already better than Chad Johnson. Anyone know if Miller is close to returning? 

1 hour ago, Moose75 said:

The irony is they are the same height, and Quick is bigger at 218 pounds. Boyle is already better than Chad Johnson. Anyone know if Miller is close to returning? 

Very interesting.   It's funny how my assessment of size is a function of style.  Quick, to me, plays like he's 5'7.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, seagoal said:

Very interesting.   It's funny how my assessment of size is a function of style.  Quick, to me, plays like he's 5'7.

There was something similar, I think related to C/As being reduced in size, a few years ago with a side by side comparison of Quick and Lundqvist. You'd swear there was a decent height difference between the two of them because of their stances but they are the same. Wish I knew where that pair of pictures ended up...

25 minutes ago, caument60 said:

There was something similar, I think related to C/As being reduced in size, a few years ago with a side by side comparison of Quick and Lundqvist. You'd swear there was a decent height difference between the two of them because of their stances but they are the same. Wish I knew where that pair of pictures ended up...

Quick drops is center of gravity way lower towards the ice than most. His basic stance is very aggressive and wide. Makes him look/play smaller, I think. Not to mention his greater than average speed, flexibility, and soft gear.

51582900_10156981703069819_3979616159879

Today we have the honor to unleash James Reimer’s latest Optimus Reim bucket🤖👊🏻. This is the direct continuation based on his previous mask. On that mask the transformation from truck to Optimus Reim just started and you could clearly see the truck🚚. Here on this mask the transformation is completed and Optimus Reim is ready for action💪🏻! Watch out! O man I just love to paint the Optimus masks for my friend James Reimer. We have worked together for a decade and it is always so exciting to create a new Optimus Reim mask with you🤓. Thanks James🙏🏻! #jamesreimer @flapanthers @nhl #DaveArt #nhl#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity #thankful#airbrush #DaveArtTheStoryteller #goaliemask@bauergoalie

51998498_10156991595584819_5660958520388

It was so exciting to paint and create Alex Georgiev’s 1994 tribute mask🙏🏻. This mask is partly inspired from Mike Richter’s mask with the Statue Of Liberty on the top🗽, but here of course she is created as a Matryoshka doll, just like she appears on Alex’s previous NYR masks🌃. The rest of the design is created as a classic NYR mask with 1️⃣9️⃣9️⃣4️⃣ in focus. And the closer you come the more details you will discover on this Storyteller creation🔍👀. Thanks Alex, I am so happy and thankful to be your artist! 🙏🏻😊@aghockey @nyrangers @nhl #DaveArt #nhl#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity #goaliemask#DaveArtTheStoryteller #airbrush #thankful

51742043_10156988963754819_8900772181349

Thank you @hank30nyr 🙏🏻 It was an honor to paint this mask for you 😊 ! Love to be your painting wingman 🛫. Henrik and I have been working together for 22 years now💪🏻. When Henrik told me he wanted to do a mask as a tribute to the 1️⃣9️⃣9️⃣4️⃣ team and especially Mike Richter I totally loved his ideas. Henrik wanted an homage to Richter’s classic mask design as a tribute to his friend🙏🏻. We talked and brainstormed how to create it and we came up with the idea to make half of the mask with paintings of Mike himself with 1994 in focus. The side is loaded with details as a true Storyteller design📕. The classic Richter mask design from the 90’s was made by Dennis Simone. @nyrangers @nhl #nhl #DaveArt #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity #airbrush #goaliemask #thankful 

51047940_10156979390144819_6187189969467

Anders Nilsson’s mask art saga continues👊🏻. Just as usual on Nilsson’s masks this new Ottawa Senators mask is based on the distinct cross all over the front of the mask❎. Here it is created as hockey sticks🏒. The design is created as a clean cut Ottawa mask with the logo created in DaveArt XXFX Glitter✨, and also swords as important elements in the Senators design⚔️. The design is created as a 2 in 1 design, when you come closer you will enter The Nilsson Code👀🔎. It is filled with Storytelling, based on Anders heritage of his hometown Luleå in Sweden❄️. You will find the key🗝 to his city, and also a tribute to Team Sweden. And most important of all, you will find drawings of his 2 kids❤️❤️. Thanks Anders! I am so honored and thankful to be your personal mask artist and creator🙏🏻❤️😊🎨. @andersnilsson31 @senators @nhl #DaveArt #nhl #ottawasenators#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity 🤓 #goaliemask#DaveArtXXFX #airbrush #DaveArtTheStoryteller#thankful

51240527_10156976842654819_4152638552326

David Rittich knew exactly what he wanted on his new Calgary Flames mask🔥. He wanted to pay tribute to the two ledendary Flames goalies Miikka Kiprusoff and Mike Vernon🙏🏻❤️. I loved his ideas and we started to brainstorm together how to create it🔄. The design is also very much inspired on the flag of the Canadian province Alberta. The flag is on Calgary Flames’ jerseys. You will find the Rocky mountains at the bottom of the mask, and the flag with St. George’s cross representing King George III and symbolizing British heritage🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿. And on the top you will also find typical wheat fields🌾. I just love to create genuine Storyteller masks📕. Every new mask is a new and unique story, created and painted in a style to fit the certain theme👌🏻. My goal is always to try my best to be like a paint chameleon🦎 and paint and create whatever the goalie wants🎯. Thank you David, I am so happy and thankful to be your artist🙏🏻🎨. @d.r.33 #DavidRittich @nhlflames #alberta #DaveArt#goaliemask #DaveArtTheStoryteller #nhl#Airbrush #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity @nhl #thankful

Terrible.

All of them.

The Russian doll one is offensive. It's mocking both the Statue of Liberty and Mike Richter's iconic mask.

The Lundquist one is bad too. It's like pimp my mask version of Richter's. Sad and depressing. Lundquist is such a legendary goalie yet he'll never be as iconic a Richter. 

Archived